• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!

Cities, Towns, Villages & Inns

Sign in to follow this  

16 files

1. Mages Cross

This mod adds a picturesque village located just West of Anvil. It is situated on a hilltop overlooking
    the small island in Strid River, nestled in between Gweden Farm and Troll Candle Camp. Antiscamp
    designed and built the original mod, and was kind enough to give me editing access to all four of his
    village mods. There have been many changes made for this 1.1 update.

Some changes were for compatibility reasons, some just because they made a nice difference in how
    things look. It was not my intention to rebuild this village from the ground up. I liked it pretty much the
    way it was, so it still looks for the most part as it always did. Hopefully my efforts have made this a
    more user friendly place to visit in your game.

Original Description

Your aunt has passed away and left you her old house as an inheritance. She thinks you should have it,
    since you spent your childhood summers in the village of Mage's Cross. The village is located in the lush
    grasslands East of Anvil and it will be added to your map. Your Aunt's house is located beside the Chapel.
    Simply go to the Chapel and take the house key from the altar.

Nothing unbalancing is included with this mod, I did my best to keep it as lore-friendly as possible. There
    are no quests at the moment, nor are there any new armors or weapons. This is just a player home with
    a picturesque village built around it. There is a trader and a smith in the village who do business during
    daylight hours. There are several other NPCs as well, including a garrison of guards. The townsfolk gather
    at the Black Cat Inn during the evening hours. There is also some minor dialogue included.

New Details

First and foremost, Mages Cross has been moved about two game cells from it's original location. This was
    done to avoid a serious conflict with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul (OOO), which placed an Ayleid Ruin on the
    exact same real estate. The entire village was rotated 180 degrees so that the main trail leading in could be
    routed through the passage way under the Town Hall building. I swapped positions for two of the homes as
    well in order to open up the town center a bit more, giving the town interior a slightly roomier feel. Re-worked
    all path grids from scratch to ensure folks go where they should and nobody bumps into anything.

Other changes include borrowing some landscaping from Roads of Cyrodiil. The new Road which passes in
    front of the town is courtesy of ROC. The entire town has been walled in except for the main entry making it,
    in theory at least, a bit more secure. Some internal portions have been walled off and gated to create small
    garden areas. So the inhabitants now grow some food to eat. Relocated the farmers x marker so he actually
    works in the garden.

A camp fire setting, which was mistakenly left buried in the original mod, has been raised to ground level. So
    the poor beggar now has a fire next to his bedroll. Replaced most of the bushes surrounding the central Mage
    Stone with flowers instead, making it much more visible and uncluttered. Removed a number of trees in and
    around the town, this was one of the complaints from the comments section, and I tend to agree there were
    just a bit too many.

Added a water static to the town well to give a bit of realism, and a tree bench to the town center. Added road
    signs at two locations. Changed north markers for all interior spaces to reflect the new orientation of the building
    exteriors. Last but not least the file was cleaned with Tes4Edit. I further manually removed the wild edits that
    were present in the original mod to ensure there were no unwanted conflicts.

Compatibility

I designed this to work around several largely popular mods which add locations nearby. The new location was
    not chosen at random, a good deal of testing went into it. As a result, Mage's Cross has no conflicts that I know
    of. The relocation assures it will not conflict with:

1. Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul which adds three locations East of Anvil.
    2. Reclaiming Sancre Tor which adds a town on the river and makes edits to Gweden Farm
    3. Unique Landscapes-Cliffs of Anvil which makes edits on the nearby river as well
    4. Roads of Cyrodiil. ROC is partially merged in, so compatibility is guaranteed if you follow proper load order

Requirements

Shivering Isles (Not sure why, but it was listed in the original read-me)

Install

1. Extract to your Oblivion Data folder either manually or using the mod manager of your choice.

2. Set load order.

3. Play and enjoy!

Load Order

Suggest using BOSS to set load order. This file is already recognized. Manual load order if
    using any of the mods mentioned above:

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp
    ReclaimSancreTor.esp
    Roads of Cyrodiil.esp
    MagesCross.esp
    xulCliffsOfAnvil.esp

Credits

Bethesda - for Oblivion and the CS
    Tes4Edit - for cleaning the inevitable dirt from my mods
    LHammonds - for the read-me generator this file was based on
    Antiscamp - for the original Mage's Cross and allowing me to alter it
    Arthmoor - for allowing use of ROC landscaping, which saved me a ton of headaches
    Stroti - for the Tree Bench resource
    Texian - for the static water mesh

Legal Stuff

Per Antiscamp's original read-me this is open for anyone to use as they see fit, so long as proper credits
    are given. That would include adding my name to the list of credits above.

A word of caution if you do plan to edit this file. The changes I made maintain a delicate balance with the
    nearby mods mentioned above. Any landscape or path grid edits outside of the cells I have already edited,
    will cause conflicts with the other mods mentioned above. I suggest keeping any further changes inside the
    town borders.

185 downloads

0 comments

Updated

2. Settlements of Cyrodiil-Regional Farms and Inns

Before industrialization the main occupation of people, for ALL civilizations, has been agriculture.
    Without a reliable source of food, no empire could fuel it's troops or civilian population for long.
    Cyrodiil is vast, boasting 9 fortified cities and an immense population. Yet where are the farms that
    should be dotting the landscape in every direction? Where does all the food come from to feed that
    population?

Settlements of Cyrodiil is an attempt to answer those questions. The project first began as an effort
    to rescue some very nice farm and village mods that had gone to the wayside so to speak. Some of these
    had fallen victim to un-patched conflicts with larger, more popular mods. Others were unfinished beta
    releases that the original authors simply abandoned.

Details
    =========

Did it ever bother you that no matter where you go in Cyrodiil all the farm houses look exactly the
    same? All built with the same type of stone and wood, all the same color and same design. The lower
    class homes and Inns as well. While inside the city walls we find architecture that is unique to
    each individual region. This mod was my attempt to implement some diversity in architecture for the
    poor working class slobs in the game.

Regional Farms and Inns replaces many of the bland vanilla Farmhouses and Inns with re-textured versions
    that use regional materials. No new towns or locations have been added with this plugin, it strictly
    addresses vanilla locations. This helps to tie the look of vanilla locations in with the regional themed
    look found inside the cities they are nearest to. And ties in with the look of all the other Settlements
    of Cyrodiil mods. Re-textures were done with 100% vanilla textures, some were tweaked slightly to get the
    right look, but everything started life as standard game issue.

Now a Farmhouse or Inn near Cheydinhal will be built with glass, stone, and wood native to that region.
    I have also done stables, sheepfolds, and wells where they already existed. Wells have had water added
    to them for a little touch of realism. You may also notice that most farmhouses now have doors, shutters,
    and thatch roofs that (hopefully) fit the look for that area of the land. Chorrol thatchroofs are a dull
    bluish grey, Cheydinhal is a rich medium yellow, Skingrad a darker brown, Bravil and Leyawiin a faded
    greenish grey, while anything near the IC retains the vanilla colors.

The Grey Mare, Inn of Ill Omen, and Roxey Inn have been given unique looks that I thought fit their names,
    and/or locations. I was very careful to replace doors using the proper method so all vanilla quests should
    still work just as they were intended to. I have tested them and encountered no problems.

All new structures already have visible when distant meshes. These are included as part of the resource
    pack you are required to download. All you need to do is run a program such as Tes4LODGen to make the new
    architecture appear in the distance in your game.

Locations (most of them)
    =============================

Applewatch
    Black Waterside Stable
    Border Watch
    Drunken Dragon Inn
    Five Riders Stable
    Grateful Pass Stable
    Harluns watch
    Honditars House
    Inn of Ill Omen
    Lord Rugdumphs Estate
    Odiil Farm
    Roxey Inn
    Shardrock
    The Grey Mare
    Wetherleah
    Weynon Priory Lodge and Stable

Requirements
    ===============

Oblivion patched to 1.2.0416
    Settlements of Cyrodiil Resource Pack v1.3

Install
    =========

1. Extract to your Oblivion Data folder either manually or using the mod manager of your choice.

2. Set load order.

3. Play and enjoy!

Load Order
    =============

Suggest using BOSS to set load order. All of these files are already recognized.
    Specific load order instructions are included with each read-me file as well..

Compatibility
    ===============

May conflict with other mods and patches which also edit vanilla farmhouses and lower class architecture.
    Tested and works fine with all of the most popular mods I could think of. An alternate file is available
    as a separate download which makes Regional Farms compatible with Drahenne's Weynon Priory Alive mod.

There is also a compatibility patch available as a separate download for Better cities. No other conflicts
    have been reported at this time. Please leave a comment to let me know if you find any others that need to
    be patched.

Credits
    =========

Nifskope and Gimp - for the tools that made this possible.
    LHammonds - for the read-me generator
    Drahenne - for Weynon Priory Alive
    Ismelda and Vorians - for Better Cities
    Me - for design and creation of this mod

Legal Stuff
    ==============

Please do not upload these files to any other sites without my express consent.

405 downloads

0 comments

Updated

3. Settlements of Cyrodiil-Wickmere Farm

Before industrialization the main occupation of people, for ALL civilizations, has been agriculture.
    Without a reliable source of food, no empire could fuel it's troops or civilian population for long.
    Cyrodiil is vast, boasting 9 fortified cities and an immense population. Yet where are the farms that
    should be dotting the landscape in every direction? Where does all the food come from to feed that
    population?

Settlements of Cyrodiil is an attempt to answer those questions. The project first began as an effort
    to rescue some very nice farm and village mods that had gone to the wayside so to speak. Some of these
    had fallen victim to un-patched conflicts with larger, more popular mods. Others were unfinished beta

Details
    ========

Wickmere Farm adds a fully functioning settlement just east of the Imperial City on the banks of
    Lake Rumare. It was originally created by Poolacemail, titled To Feed an Empire- Wickmere Farm, and
    occupied more or less the same real estate it currently rests in.

Wickmere Farm in it's current form has received an extensive makeover to eliminate known mod
    conflicts. Additional resources have been added to flesh it out a little more. The occupants have
    full ai packages and can be seen performing various tasks throughout the day. They raise several
    different types of crops, sheep, and chickens and also fish the nearby lake.

My focus has been to give the appearance of a working farm that lives off of what it produces.
    You will find a vendor near the dock who sells some of the goods. There are no buyable homes or beds
    to sleep in...yet. I may add that in at a later date if there is enough of a demand for it.

While I have done my best to iron out all the glitches, it seems there is always something to fix in a
    first release. I welcome all feedback and constructive criticism. Hopefully you will enjoy visiting this
    little slice of paradise as much as I enjoyed building it.

The path leading to the village can be found on the Red Ring Road just south of the burned down
    shop "All Things Alchemical".

Requirements
    ===============

RD Milewood (Only if using the alternate version of Wickmere Farm)

Install
    ========

2. Set load order.

3. Play and enjoy!

Load Order
    =============

Suggest using BOSS to set load order. Both of these files are already recognized.
    Specific load order instructions are included with each read-me file as well.

Compatibility
    ===============

May conflict with other mods and patches which edit the same game cells. Tested and works fine
    with A Charming Town, Reclaiming Sancre Tor (Bandit Camp), Region Revive Lake Rumare, and the
    unfinished mod Settlement of Tanis. Pre-engineered to work alongside Settlements of Cyrodiil-
    Fisherman's Point....once I complete and release that WIP.

The only conflict I have been made aware of is Ryu Doppler"s "Milewood" mod. An alternate
    Milewood compatible .esp has been provided as an optional download. Simply use that one in
    place of the main download esp. DO NOT USE BOTH. Use the alternate file only if you have
    Milewood installed. If you stop using Milewood, switch back to the main download file. The
    two ARE NOT interchangeable.

Credits
    =========

Nifskope and GIMP - for the tools that made this possible.
    Poolacemail - for the original creation and allowing me to revive it
    Me - for design and creation of the mod as it exists now

Additional credits for resources used can be found in the resource pack required to run this plugin

Legal Stuff
    ==============

200 downloads

0 comments

Updated

4. Settlements of Cyrodiil-White Rose Farm

population?

Details
    ========

White Rose Farm adds a fully functioning settlement just west of the Imperial City. It was originally
    created by Poolacemail, titled White Rose River Farm, and occupied most of the small island next to
    "Old Bridge". As some of you may know this real estate was also used by two other hugely popular mods.

The Lost Spires and Shezries Towns (Pells Gate). As a result of the unresolved conflicts this settlement
    went the way of the dinosaurs and was mostly forgotten. White Rose Farm in it's current form has been
    entirely relocated to the north bank of the White Rose River. Every brick, stone, and inhabitant. Thus
    eliminating the nasty conflicts and any need for patches.

The settlement has received an extensive makeover being wholly re-landscaped to fit into it's new
    environment. Additional structures and npcs have been added to flesh it out a little more. The
    occupants have full ai packages and can be seen performing various tasks throughout the day. They
    raise several different types of crops, sheep, and chickens and also fish the nearby river.

Resources have been added to give the appearance of a working farm that lives off of what it produces.
    You will find a vendor near the dock who sells some of the goods. There are no buyable homes or beds to
    sleep in...yet. I may add that in at a later date if there is enough of a demand for it.

While I have done my best to iron out all the glitches, it seems there is always something to fix in a
    first release. I welcome all feedback and constructive criticism. Hopefully you will enjoy visiting this
    little slice of paradise as much as I enjoyed building it.

The path leading to the village can be found just north of "Old Bridge" and just south of Vindasel.

Requirements
    ================

Install
    ========

2. Set load order.

3. Play and enjoy!

Load Order
    ==============

Suggest using BOSS to set load order. All of these files are already recognized.

Compatibility
    ===============

May conflict with other mods and patches which edit the same game cells. Tested and works fine
    with The Lost Spires, MTC Expanded Villages, and Shezries Towns (Pells Gate). Just be sure to
    Place White Rose below Shezries if you set load order manually.

A compatibility patch is available as a separate download for Knights of The Nine: Revelations.

Credits
    =========

Poolacemail - for the original creation and allowing me to revive it
    Me - for design and creation of the mod as it now exists

Additional credits for resources used can be found in the resource pack required to run this plugin.

Legal Stuff
    ==============

224 downloads

0 comments

Submitted

5. Settlements of Cyrodiil-Silverfish Falls

population?

Details
    =========

Silverfish Falls adds a fully functioning settlement on the way to Morrowind, near the headwaters of
    the Silverfish River. It was originally created by Poolacemail, titled Lakeview Village, and was
    situated at the pond near the Ayleid Ruins of Mackamentain. It unfortunately occupied exactly the
    same real estate as Shezries Lakewood Village, and also suffered mod conflicts with Unique Landscapes-
    Aspen Wood. This meant the only realistic fix was moving everything.

So the settlement was completely relocated and given an extensive makeover. Mod conflicts have been
    greatly reduced and patches are available as separate downloads for the only conflicts I am aware of.
    Additional resources have been added to flesh it out a little more. The architecture is a unique
    combination of Cheydinhal and common farmhouse. The occupants have full ai packages and can be seen
    performing various tasks throughout the day. They raise several different types of crops and tend a
    small herd of swine. There is at least one adventurer who travels afield to hunt deer.

My focus has been to give the appearance of a working settlement that lives off of what it produces.
    Local vendors sell what they raise and provide several services to travellers. You will find a
    Blacksmith, an Inn, and a General Store. The Smith carries the unique weapons & armor featured in the
    mod: Knightly Armory by Phitt and Ghogiel. There is a Room to rent at the Inn for a fair price. The
    Lord of Silverfish Manor graciously allows members of the Fighter's Guild to sleep for free in the
    basement. There is a free bed there for you, provided you are at least Journeyman level. Some NPC's
    also serve as trainers.

While I have done my best to iron out all the glitches, it seems there is always something to fix in
    a first release. I welcome all feedback and constructive criticism. Hopefully you will enjoy visiting
    this little slice of paradise as much as I enjoyed building it.

The path leading to the settlement can be found on the Unnamed, Unmarked Road that leads east towards
    Morrowind from the Yellow Road. I have added in signposts to aid in finding your way. The settlement
    itself can be found at the waterfall pond located south of Ondo Ayleid Ruins and North of Lost Boy
    Caverns. There is a map marker, but you will have to hoof it there at least once to "discover" the
    settlement.

Requirements
    ================

Install
    ========

1. Extract to your Oblivion Data folder either manually or Using the mod manager of your choice.

2. Set load order.

3. Play and enjoy!

Load Order
    ==============

Compatibility
    ===============

with Unique Landscapes-The Eastern Peaks. Compatibility patches are available as a separate
    download for Unique Landscapes-Silverfish River Valley and Integration: The Stranded Light.

There are two versions of the Integration patches due to there being two different versions of
    the Integration mod. Folders are labeled accordingly in the download. Also available are two combo
    patches that allow use of Silverfish Falls, UL Silverfish River Valley, and Integration at the
    same time. As explained above, there are two files included with the download. Be sure you read
    the instructions and use the correct patch for the mod version you have or you will get CTD.

Credits
    =========

Poolacemail - for the original Lakeview Village and allowing me to revive it
    Phitt and Ghogiel - for the resources from "Knightly Armory"
    Me - for design and creation of the mod as it exists now

Additional credits for resources used can be found in the resource pack required to run this plugin.

Legal Stuff
    ==============

235 downloads

0 comments

Updated

6. Settlements of Cyrodiil-Oranstad Township

population?

Details
    =========

This is a completed and overhauled version of the Oranstad beta release by Spectic. The mod was essentially
    a shell village with basic landscaping and architecture in place. Nothing else was done at that stage.

Oranstad Township adds a fully working farming settlement just off of the Gold Road East of Skingrad. It
    is nestled in amongst the towering trees due North of Grayrock Cave and due South of Gottlesfont Priory.
    Landscaping features include two ponds and a running stream. There are 22 NPCs with detailed daily
    schedules, including 3 town guards. They grow crops, raise cattle, and sell some of those goods.

You will see the townsfolk working the fields, socializing, and otherwise going about their busy lives.
    There is a trail through the forest which leads to Gottlesfont Priory. Some of the NPCs make regular
    trips with a guard escort to spend time worshipping. If you use the patch for MTC Expanded Villages,
    the trail links to the village added by MTC as well.

Shops include a butcher, book store, blacksmith selling armor and weapons, an alchemy shop, and stables.
    There will be a buyable home in a future update but the interior is still being worked on. For now there is
    a cot in the barn which you can sleep on for free. I am also planning to add horses for sale at the stable
    but haven't completely finished that part yet. Sorry to put those things off, but my work life is a little
    hectic and just wanted to get this out...it's been sitting on my pc for far too long now

A marker will show up on your map so you can find the village easier, but you will need to hoof it there
    once to "discover" the location. While I have made every effort to iron out glitches, missing something in
    a first release is almost a given. Let me know if you find anything which requires doctoring up.

Requirements
    ================

Install
    ========

2. Set load order.

3. Play and enjoy!

Load Order
    =============

Compatibility
    ================

with Castle West Weald and Reclaiming Sancre Tor. There are compatibility patches available as
    a separate download for MTC Expanded Villages and Unique Landscapes-Lush Woodlands.

Credits
    =========

spectic - for the original beta mod this is based off of
    EldescrollsFan001 - for testing and the idea to add the Gottlesfont trail (good idea)
    Vorians - for allowing me to use his patch as a starting point for one of my own
    Me - for design and creation

Legal Stuff
    ==============

209 downloads

0 comments

Updated

7. Settlements of Cyrodiil-Legion Outposts

population?

Details
    ========

This is a merged version of Fort Nova Varos and Fort Novi Sad. It adds two fully functioning Legion
    outposts on the far southern banks of the Niben. Just south of Leyawiin where the Niben meets Topal
    Bay. Fort Nova Varos sits on the Western shoreline while it's sister outpost Fort Novi Sad sits on
    the eastern shoreline.

Both of these outposts are updated versions of Poolacemail's original forts. They have been fully
    relocated and given extensive makeovers. Additional resources have been added to flesh them out a
    little more. The architecture is a unique combination of Leyawiin wood and lower class farmhouse.
    The soldiers have full ai packages and can be seen performing various tasks throughout the day,
    such as walking patrol and working in the fields. They wear custom armor which is meant to be a
    regional, Leyawiin version of Legion Armor. They raise several types of crops, tend some chickens,
    and have a pen of captured mud crabs.

There are Inns with rentable rooms in each which have non re-spawning chests, and the Innkeepers sell
    the crops which are raised. The Blacksmiths sell weapons and armors, will repair items, and are
    journeyman level trainers for armorer. There are small dock areas in each with a rowboat which will
    ferry you from one side of the river to the other. If you are a member of the Fighter's Guild there
    is a tent with free bedroll near the docks in one outpost.

My focus has been to give the appearance of working Legion outposts that live off of what they
    produce, and protect the Southern Cyrodiil borders.

The trails leading to the outposts can be found on the main road just outside the Leyawiin east gate
    for Novi Sad, and just outside Greyland for Nova Varos. I have added in road signs to aid in finding
    your way.

Requirements
    ===============

Install
    ========

2. Set load order.

3. Play and enjoy!

Load Order
    =============

Compatibility
    ===============

May conflict with other mods and patches which edit the same game cells. Compatibility for Guards
    of Cyrodiil Redux was achieved through internal edits without the need for a patch file. However,
    due to my choice of locations there are a number of other mod conflicts which require patch files.

There are patches available as optional downloads for Better Cities, Open Cities Reborn, Cyrodiil
    Rebuild, Fort Akatosh Redux, Kragenir's Death Quest, MTC Thieves Grotto, The Golden Crest, and
    Elsweyr_Leyawiin_Topal Bay Walkabout. In addition there are patches for a number of combinations
    of these mods. I haven't yet made patches for every possible combination, but there are plenty to
    choose from until I can return to work on things some more.

There are also patches available here for various combinations of Legion Outposts, Topal Island,
    and Better Cities.

Credits
    =========

Poolacemail - for the original Forts and for allowing me to revive them
    Me - for putting this mod together

Legal Stuff
    =============

210 downloads

0 comments

Updated

8. Settlements of Cyrodiil-Clearwater Farms

population?

Details
    ========

Clearwater Farms adds a small group of farmsteads in the Great Forest just off of the Orange
    Road. Follow the road east from Chorrol. A marker will show up on your map, but you will need
    to hoof it there once to "discover" the location.

Clearwater is a complete remake of my very first creation. It was initially a single, simple
    farmhouse created using vanilla resources. In it's present form, Clearwater is a complete
    settlement with five farmhouses. It has retextured structures which use primarily vanilla
    Chorrol textures. Because I like settlements to have a regional theme.

Aside from that, nothing over the top here, just a simple collection of farmsteads beside a
    clear woodland pond. You will find various crops, a first ever small ironwood nut orchard,
    some livestock, and a few fish in the pond. There is a vendor stand where passerby can purchase
    the goods which are raised here.

The farmhouse interiors are a little spartan. But what else would you expect for poor homesteads?
    This was simply intended to add some population to an otherwise empty spot in the game. The
    farmers are friendly and one has a bedroll in the sheepfold, which you can use for free if you
    get caught out after dark. Just be warned that everything is owned. Hard working folk don't like
    sticky fingers.

While I have made every effort to iron out glitches, missing something in a first release is almost
    a given. Let me know if you find anything which may require doctoring up.

On the Orange Road East of Chorrol

Requirements
    ===============

Shivering Isles (for the Broom Sweeping animation)

Install
    ========

1. Extract to your Oblivion Data folder either manually or using the mod manager of your choice

2. Set load order.

3. Play and enjoy!

Load Order
    =============

Compatibility
    ===============

May conflict with other mods and patches which edit the same game cells. Tested and works
    fine with Castle Domrose and Reclaiming Sancre Tor. A patch for Unique Landscapes-Lush
    Woodlands is included as an optional download.

Compatibility patches for combinations of Clearwater Farms, The Orange Maple Inn, and Unique
    Landscapes-Lush Woodlands can be found here. If you find any other conflicts, please let me know

Translations
    ==============

Sita has provided a translation on the French mod site Confrerie Des Traducteurs.fr which can be
    found here.

Credits
    =========

Tes4Edit - for cleaning the inevitible dirt which finds it's way into all mods
    LHammonds - for the readme generator this file was based on
    Me - for design and creation

Legal Stuff
    ==============

161 downloads

1 comment

Updated

9. Suliin Village

This is Jagnot & Sacryn's ORE Village Challenge Entry. It adds the village of Suliin
    to the game world. Located west of Bravil on the Elsweyr mountain border. This mod
    was hosted on the ORE website for a very long time. The original authors gave blanket
    permission for use, so I did some fine tuning and bug fixing. This version has been very
    thoroughly cleaned with TES4Edit (see details below).

Now that the ORE website is gone this may be one of the only copies still available for use.
    I am uploading it here on TAL as a means to help preserve the mod for posterity. You can
    also find it on Oblivion Nexus.

Details
    ========

This mod adds a village containing 4 npc houses, a tavern/store, a chapel, and a house
    the player can buy. Also adds a large lake across the Elsweyr borders, and a large
    forested area surrounding the lake. You will need to disable your game borders in the
    ini file or via a border removal mod in order to use this.

Flowing from the large lake above, there are several stages of ponds and waterfalls that
    cascade down the mountainside into the river near Bravil. There is a trail leading East
    out of the village which connects to Bravil. In the opposite direction, the trail leads
    West up the mountain to Elsweyr. Along the trail you will find a lookout area with seats
    for four.

This mod fits perfectly in a vanilla game, providing excellent screen shot opportunities
    of Bravil and the surrounding areas. Among many other fixes, I have added "Suliin" road
    signs at the main highway and village trail junction, and again near the Bravil Stables.
    Included as optional downloads there are four compatibility patch files that cover various
    combinations of Suliin, Elsweyr: The Deserts of Anequina, Tales from Elsweyr Anequina,
    and Unique Landscapes-Bravil Barrowfields. This allows players to use Suliin alongside
    other popular mods that edit the same areas.

ONLY USE one patch file at a time. Choose only the patch that corresponds to the mods you
    have loaded. Do not use any of these in conjunction with the patches made by Vorians or
    David Brasher. They edit some of the same things and will cause glitches when used together.

Read-me files and load order instructions are included with each of the individual patch
    downloads. I have play tested each of these files extensively. However, given the very
    large areas involved here and the sheer number of objects added, I may have missed
    something. If you find any mistakes, please leave a constructive comment and I will address
    it.

Revision Info
    ===============

The original plugin was either created with an early version of the construction set, made
    before the importance of mod cleaning was really understood, or simply rushed into existence
    and not properly cleaned after creation. Not sure which, but the result was a dirty mod which
    edited random cells half the world away from the mod location. This caused numerous problems
    which included blacking out the local map due to a game bug with cell 3,3.

I have cleaned the plugin with TES4Edit's automated process removing a very large amount of
    dirty edits, and further manually removed dozens of other random wild edits. File size has been
    pared down to about 2/3 the size of the original mod. Before cleaning there were edits to over
    180 game cells. The actual physical foot print now covers a total of 68 game cells (still a large
    mod by any standards), most of which is taken up by the lake, forest, and waterfalls added by the
    mod. The village itself is really not too big compared to other village mods.

West of Bravil. The map markers will display on your map, but you will need to hoof it there at
    least once in order to "discover" the location.

Potential Requirements
    =========================

Elsweyr: The Deserts of Anequina
    Tales from Elsweyr Anequina
    Unique Landscapes-Bravil Barrowfields

Install
    ========

2. Set load order.

3. Play and enjoy!

Load Order
    =============

Suggest using BOSS to set load order. All of these files are already recognized. Specific load
    order instructions are included with each read-me file as well.

Compatibility
    ===============

May conflict with other mods and patches which edit the same game cells. Compatibility patches
    are available as a separate download for Elsweyr: The Deserts of Anequina, Tales from Elsweyr
    Anequina, and Unique Landscapes-Bravil Barrowfields.

Credits
    =========

Bethesda - for creating Oblivion.
    Jagnot & Sacryn - for the original creation and giving permission to use it

Legal Stuff
    =============

The original authors left Suliin open for editing, so long as credits are given. Along those lines feel
    free to do whatever you like with it. The patch files, however, are my own work. Please do not post
    them to any other sites without my consent.

486 downloads

0 comments

Updated

10. Bruma Guild Reconstructed

"They say time is the fire in which we burn." Dr. Tolian Soran surely must have been thinking of the Bruma Mages Guild when he said that to Captain Picard. For the guildhall burns in the eternal fire for all time. Or, at least it did!

If you're like me, the ever-burning fires in the Bruma guild are an annoying consequence of the guild quest. I could see not doing something about rebuilding it immediately, but to just leave it sit? And with fires that never go out? That's silly. Upon teleporting in with a character who had already completed the quest line, I was reminded once more that I really REALLY wanted to do something about this. Now that I can, I have. The guildhall will undergo a staged reconstruction.

The first two stages happen on their own, with no intervention. The fires will be put out, and the damaged rubble later cleared. The last two stages will not proceed until asked for, either by you asking Traven about it or by you ordering the reconstruction yourself once you become Arch-Mage. You can keep track of the progress by checking with Raminus Polus. He will handle getting new furnishings in and hiring new recruits. You will not be required to pay for this yourself.

Due to technical issues involved in using the vanilla destroyed guild cell, the mod is forced to use a new cell for the rebuilding phases. All attempts to remove the noise left behind by the fires have failed. The only solution being to occupy a cell where those fires never existed OR to play a game with just this mod and Oblivion.esm loaded. Hardly ideal. Keep this in mind if you drop stuff in the burning hall, because you won't be able to retrieve it.

181 downloads

0 comments

Updated

11. The Little Sparrow Inn

Adds a small Inn located along the Orange Road East of Chorrol near
    Underpall Cave.

V1.1 Update:
    ============

Updated the compatibility patches to be in sync with the recent UL
    Lush Woodlands 1.3.4 update.

Details:
    =========

The Little Sparrow Inn was a Planet Elder Scrolls exclusive mod. I never
    found it hosted anywhere else. Just a simple Farmhouse style Inn with
    stable and room for rent right on the edge of The Orange Road. Nothing
    out of the ordinary. I liked it because the location was just far enough
    apart from the other Inn mod I used to be a good rest stop while walking
    along the Orange Road.

The download was very plain and gave just a plain esp plugin, not even
    packaged in a folder. No read me file, no author info, nothing. Planet Elder
    Scrolls is now gone so there is no way to track down who the author was. I
    have had queries posted for months now on Bethesda Forums and Nexus
    Forums in the Mod Detectives threads with no positive leads. Apparently
    nobody else knows who the author was either.

Andalay Bay has graciously consented to host the mod here on TAL as a
    means of preserving it for posterity. I have made no changes to the file other
    than a good TES4Edit cleaning, creating a read-me, and packaging it up.

Compatibility
    ==============

Has known conflicts with Hoarfrost Castle and Unique Landscapes-Lush Woodlands.
    Compatibility patches for both of those conflicts are provided in the optional
    "Patches" download.

Install
    ========

1. Extract the file to a temporary location such as desktop

2. Place one .esp into your Oblivion Data directory either manually or
    using the mod manager of your choice.

3. Set load order...and play.

Load Order
    ============

Specific load order instructions are also with the read-me file for each download.

Credits
    ========

Tes4Edit - for cleaning the dirt from the orignal files
    ???????? - for creating this mod. Hope to find you eventually

Licensing/Legal
    ================

Please do not post this file on any other sites. It is only being posted here
    on The Assimilation Lab to keep it from disappearing altogether. There is no
    known way to contact the original author and so no way of knowing if it is ok
    to upload anywhere else. Every reasonable effort was made to find and contact
    the original author before uploading the files here.

234 downloads

0 comments

Updated

12. The Orange Maple Inn

Adds a small Inn located along the Orange Road East of Chorrol.

V1.1 Update:
    ============
    Updated the compatibility patches to be in sync with the recent UL
    Lush Woodlands 1.3.4 update.

Details:
    ========

The Orange Maple Inn was an ORE Inn Challenge entry mod. It was always
    one of my favorite Inn mods due to some unique features. The windows
    on the exterior light up at night and when it rains. This was a unique
    feature at the time because AWLS wasn't around yet. Also the interior
    windows provide a faked view of the outside world. This is the only mod
    I know of which provided such a thing before the advent of the Immersive
    Interiors mod.

The link for this file was hosted on the ORE website for a very long time.
    However, it was a 4-Shared file link which went dead at some point even
    before the ORE site went off line. The original read-me file did not contain
    any contact info for the author, nor even the author name. I was only able to
    discover the author name by looking at files on the Wayback Machine where the
    dead file link for this mod still exists.

Andalay Bay has graciously consented to host the mod here on TAL as a means
    of preserving it for posterity. I have made no changes to the files other
    than a good TES4Edit cleaning.

From The Original Read-Me
    ==========================

Orange Maple Inn is found in the Great Forest along the Orange road. The Inn
    is visited by people throughout the week, one of them also has a repetitive
    quest for you.

You are able to rent room 3, it'll cost you 20 gold. It is fully owned by the
    player until the rental period is over. The containers in the Player room do
    NOT respawn and you will be able to get your belongings back from the Innkeeper
    when the rental period has ended by talking to him and selecting the special
    topic ''My belongings'' and you will be able to retrieve your belongings that
    you've left in the room.

The windows outside illuminate at night and when it rains and the lighting inside
    adjusts during the day. You can see the outside world through all of the windows
    in the interior. The scenery is fake so there is no severe frame rate drop.

The map marker is available from the beginning!

(The COBL version adds the Luggage to your room)

Compatibility
    ==============

Has known conflicts with Unique Landscapes-Lush Woodlands and Settlements of
    Cyrodiil-Clearwater Farms. Compatibility patches for both of those conflicts
    are provided in the optional "Patches" download.

Install
    ========

1. Extract the file to a temporary location such as desktop

2. Place one .esp into your Oblivion Data directory either manually or
    using the mod manager of your choice. Choose either standard esp or
    the COBL version. DO NOT use both of them.

3. Set load order...and play.

Load Order
    ============

Specific load order instructions are also with the read-me file for each download.

Credits
    ========

Tes4Edit - for cleaning the dirt from the orignal files
    Meo - for the open book resource
    MR_siika - for some of the window textures
    Nollemanter - for creating this mod
    Argoniano, Zimnel and Kalikut - for the tablecloth resource

Legal Stuff
    ===========

Please do not post this file on any other sites. It is only being posted here
    on The Assimilation Lab to keep it from disappearing altogether. There is no
    known way to contact the original author and so no way of knowing if it is ok
    to upload anywhere else. Every reasonable effort was made to find and contact
    the original author before uploading the files here.

290 downloads

6 comments

Updated

13. Sutch Village

As many are aware, Bethesda once had plans to include the city of Sutch in the game. The E3 demos contained passing hints to its existence, the map loop in the game's intro had it marked NW of Kvatch, in the CS you can make out the land depression they prepared for it along with several cells tagged as being part of it, and it even has its own Oblivion gate.

For reasons unknown, it was cut from the game at the last minute and a ruined Fort Sutch plus the Oblivion gate is all that remains. As a result of this, several people have attempted reconstructions of the city. Plenty of projects have been abandoned, while others left their work for someone else to pick up.

This village mod is our take on restoring Sutch to the game. Based on extremely sketchy lore found in scattered places on the web, we arrived at the conclusion that the city itself has been destroyed and only a ruin is left behind. Rather than attempt to rebuild a large city over the top of a ruin, this mod takes the position that settlers have only recently come back to the area in an attempt to start over. There is a village northwest of Fort Sutch, containing a manor house along with some housing, an inn, some supporting farms, a vineyard, and an ebony mine. Yes, the only one known to still be functioning in Cyrodiil. The stuff can't only be available in Morrowind

272 downloads

1 comment

Updated

14. Open Cities Reborn

Open Cities Reborn takes the concept of Open Cities and steps it up to the next level. The project redesigns each city covered by the original Open Cities in such a way that would make more sense strategically. The castles become a more central focus of each city's layout, with housing, commerce, and the cathedrals spread out around them in more distinct ways. When possible, concept art provided by Bethesda was followed as closely as space restrictions would allow. Where none was provided or where it was not practical to follow, creative license was used instead. City walls in several cities have been modified to suit the location. For example, Bruma now uses wooden palisades, Cheydinhal has lower brick walls that reflect Dunmer influence, and the city part of Bravil has no walls at all instead relying on their island nature. This has the added bonus that each city is now more visible as you approach. Rather than large imposing walls that block the entire view, you can see buildings on the other side along with most of the trees and bushes.

To avoid any serious compatibility issues, and because lore calls for it to remain fortified, Kvatch is not touched in any way.

The Imperial City will also remain in the layout it now has since strategically speaking, it's already built the way it should be. Although there is room in the concept art for some somewhat radical adjustments to be made. That may or may not come at a later time.

To get the most out of these changes, it is highly recommended to download Animated Window Lighting System and Chimneys. This is the evolution of Texian's Window Lighting System and is fully compatible with Open Cities Reborn.

To go with that, and provide LOD for all the new goodies, I also recommend: Really AEVWD. Just be aware that there's a bit of a performance hit in activating all the extra LOD that Open Cities will provide that's directly proportional to the power of your PC, and how many other mods you have installed.

322 downloads

0 comments

Updated

15. Open Cities Classic

Open Cities Classic is a comprehensive project that aims to bring back at least part of the feel of Morrowind - specifically with how most of the cities were a natural part of the world and you could just walk in without loading screens. The added immersion and realism goes a long way, probably a lot more than you might think. Ever wanted to ride your horse into the center of Cheydinhal? Well now you can. Need to get some help from the city guards to vanquish a foe? Run toward the gates and the guards will do their duty while you can seek safety within the walls. The town guards make for some very interesting interactions this way.

The only cities not covered by this project are Kvatch and the Imperial City's central districts. Kvatch has too much main quest material setup in very specific ways to mess with it, and the Imperial City is simply too large and unwieldy to properly open up.

Highly recommended complimentary mod: Animated Window Lighting System and Chimneys - This is the evolution of Texian's Window Lighting System and is fully compatible with Open Cities.

To go with that, and provide LOD for all the new goodies, I also recommend: Really AEVWD. Just be aware that there's a bit of a performance hit in activating all the extra LOD that Open Cities will provide that's directly proportional to the power of your PC, and how many other mods you have installed.

147 downloads

0 comments

Updated

16. Better Cities

Better Cities is a compilation of the following mods, integrated together to resolve conflicts between them all, and with literally thousands of minor glitches, bugs etc. fixed. We have also made enhancements to all of these, adding our own layer of modifications including new dialogue and quests. And we're still working on it!

Bananasplit's Better Cities Anvil, Bravil, Chorrol, Imperial City Market, Leyawiin, Skingrad
    Reckless' Better Cities Cheydinhal
    Wolfslady's Better Cities Bruma
    Wolfslady's Better Arboretum

- Anvil Bay Expansion by jlf2n.
    - Blood & Mud Dirt Deluxe Anglais by Ryan O.Hershey.
    - Bravil Docks by jlf2n. Nernie has replaced a number of the interiors.
    - Cyrodiil Rebuild by Acros and ANDORAN team.
    - Cyrodiil Rebuild: Imperial Isle by Acros and ANDORAN team.
    - ImpeREAL City by SilentResident.
    - Let the People Drink! by Qazaaq & Khornate.
    - Leyawiin Port by TheXanadu & TheLastVoice. Vorians has filled all the empty interiors.
    - Nernie's Bravil River Shack & Village.
    - Nernie's Waterfront Market.
    - Imperial City Waterfront Tunnel Entrance by Jadraxs & Sjors Boomschors.
    - Delivery Job (a.k.a. Gold Horse Courier Service) by Manargo & Zaldiir.
    - The Bank of Cyrodiil by Zarkis.
    - Reaper's Arcane University by Reaper911.
    - Reaper's Waterfront by Reaper9111.
    A number of smaller mods relating to the cities have also been included, please see the document Credits.txt in the "Docs" folder.

8,042 downloads

0 comments

Updated

Sign in to follow this