• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!

Clothing, Weapons, and Armor

Sign in to follow this  

3 files

1. Knights of The Thorn Armor Set

One of the more enjoyable things about playing Oblivion are the various factions
    throughout the game world. I really enjoy the quests associated with them and
    the level of immersion they bring to the game. The big let down comes when you
    see the uniforms and equipment...or lack thereof. Especially true with this faction
    which has no uniform whatsoever, and a shield with what looks like pencil sketched
    swords for an emblem.

So I decided to try my hand at making some minor improvements. The shield has been
    re-textured with a proper Knights of The Thorn emblem which closely matches the
    tapestry found inside the Thorn Lodge building. There are also matching cuirass,
    gauntlets, greaves, and a cape. All items have new custom icons as well. I didn't
    do a helmet since none of the members wear a helmet by default...and the boots...well
    there isn't much you can do to improve the ugly steel boots.

Stats are within a few points of standard steel equipment...nothing extraordinary.

Details
    ========

Non Playable versions of the armors are Worn and used by Knights of The Thorn members,
    and will be seen on the dead Knights lying around inside the Cheydinhal Oblivion Gate.
    Sorry folks...no easy to get, dead body harvested, armor sets to be found here. If you
    want playable versions of the armor you will have to sign on for the quest and receive
    it as a reward.

There is a scripted chest inside the Thorn Lodge containing a full set of armor and
    shield. You will not be able to open the chest until you have become an Honorary Knight
    AFTER completing the quest and speaking with Farwil. So it would behoove you to keep him
    amongst the living.

Two plugins are provided. One for Shivering Isles and one for plain vanilla Oblivion.
    The Shivering Isles version applies the new Thorn Shield model to the quest reward you
    receive in SI. ONLY use one plugin or the other, not both.

Knights of The Thorn Lodge. Just West of Cheydinhal.

Requirements
    ===============

Oblivion patched to 1.2.0416
    Shivering Isles only if you are using the DLC specific plugin

Install
    ========

1. Extract to your Oblivion Data folder either manually or using the mod manager
    of your choice.

2. Set Load order.

3. Play and enjoy!

Load Order
    =============

Suggest using BOSS to set load order. This file is already recognized. Should work
    fine when loaded in the same area as other weapon and armor mods.

Compatibility
    ===============

I don't know of any other mods that touch this faction. Nothing turned up when I
    was searching, so it should be compatible with most everything.

Credits
    =========

Bethesda - for Oblivion and the CS
    Nifskope and Gimp - for the tools that made this possible
    TES4Edit - for cleaning the inevitable dirt from my mods
    LHammonds - for the read-me generator this file was based on
    Hemingwey - for the cape model and textures
    Wickinger - for the gauntlets I used as a base
    rainrtw - for the female steel cuirass and male steel with symmetrical pauldrons

Legal Stuff
    ==============

With the exception of the cape, all of the meshes and textures in this package may
    be considered a modder resource. Simply add me and the authors listed above into your
    credits as a small courtesy. If you want to use the cape you will need to contact
    Hemingway and ask for permissions.

126 downloads

0 comments

Updated

2. Imperial Plate Armor Redux

This mod adds one very nice looking suit of armor and a matching sword to your
    game. Armor and sword stats are slightly better than the Ebony armor & longsword
    stats.

This was one of my favorite armor retexes back when I played the game a lot. It
    just had an issue with the texture paths which I had to fix before I could even
    use it. After reading the comments I saw quite a few others had the same issue.

Sintaker gave blanket permission to do whatever with the mod so I fixed the glitches,
    added some custom icons, did some very light modifying and uploaded for all to enjoy.
    I take no additional credit for any of this. Everything is pretty much just as Sintaker
    designed it.

Can be purchased at the Fire and Steel in Chorrol.

Requirements
    ===============

Install
    ========

1. Extract to your Oblivion Data folder either manually or using the mod manager of
    your choice.

2. Set load order.

3. Play and enjoy!

Load Order
    =============

Suggest using BOSS to set load order. This file is already recognized. Should work
    fine when loaded in the same area as other weapon and armor mods.

Compatibility
    ===============

No issues that I'm aware of.

Credits
    =========

Tes4Edit - for cleaning the inevitable dirt from my mods
    sintaker & Vagabond Angel - for the original product

Legal Stuff
    =============

Per the original read me file you can do whatever you want with this. Just credit
    Sintaker and Vagabond Angel for the original works, and me for the icons if you
    use them.

104 downloads

0 comments

Updated

3. Ancient Blades Armor Set

I always liked the idea of finding old armor sets tucked away in long lost
    dungeons. In fact it's one of the main things I love about role playing games.
    The exploring and finding. How depressing that Bethesda left out the rest of
    the set for several neat looking pieces of armor like the Ruined Akaviri Shield.

This plugin adds a set of Blades armor that has been retextured to match the
    Ruined Akaviri Shield found inside Pale Pass Fort. This is Commander Mishaxi's
    personal armor and includes a standard blades style shield with the Akaviri
    textures. Stats have been set ever so slightly below regular Blades armor. It is
    OLD after all. If you want to change the stats by all means fire up the CS and go
    to town.

Pale Pass Fort interior, Venom of the Serpent. In a chest inside the hidden
    tunnel behind Commander Mishaxi.

Requirements
    ===============

Install
    ========

1. Extract to your Oblivion Data folder either manually or using the mod manager
    of your choice.

2. Set Load order.

3. Play and enjoy

Load Order
    =============

Should work fine when loaded in the same area as other weapon and armor mods.
    Not yet recognized by BOSS but will be added on my next Masterlist update.

Compatibility
    ==============

Shouldn't be any conflicts since I didn't touch any vanilla items. All of the meshes and
    textures I added have a unique id and the container they are found in has a unique id.
    The only thing that could conflict is another mod that places items in the exact same
    location as the chest I've placed. Haven't had any reports of anything that does.

Credits
    =========

TES4Edit - for cleaning out the inevitable dirt from my mods

Legal Stuff
    ==============

The meshes and textures in this package may be considered a modder resource with no
    need to ask for permission. Just be sure to list me in your credits as a small courtesy.
    If you would like to message me about where this is being used that would be nice also,
    but is not a requirement.

148 downloads

0 comments

Updated

Sign in to follow this