• Announcements

• AndalayBay

SSL Installed   05/29/2018

Second IP obtained. The issues with IPv6 have also been fixed, but we can't switch to HTTPS until we switch forum software. We can't switch to HTTPS without a current license with IPS.

Suliin Village 1.2.1

Sign in to follow this  

13 Screenshots

About This File

This is Jagnot & Sacryn's ORE Village Challenge Entry. It adds the village of Suliin

to the game world. Located west of Bravil on the Elsweyr mountain border. This mod

was hosted on the ORE website for a very long time. The original authors gave blanket

permission for use, so I did some fine tuning and bug fixing. This version has been very

thoroughly cleaned with TES4Edit (see details below).

Now that the ORE website is gone this may be one of the only copies still available for use.

I am uploading it here on TAL as a means to help preserve the mod for posterity. You can

also find it on Oblivion Nexus.

Details

========

This mod adds a village containing 4 npc houses, a tavern/store, a chapel, and a house

the player can buy. Also adds a large lake across the Elsweyr borders, and a large

forested area surrounding the lake. You will need to disable your game borders in the

ini file or via a border removal mod in order to use this.

Flowing from the large lake above, there are several stages of ponds and waterfalls that

cascade down the mountainside into the river near Bravil. There is a trail leading East

out of the village which connects to Bravil. In the opposite direction, the trail leads

West up the mountain to Elsweyr. Along the trail you will find a lookout area with seats

for four.

This mod fits perfectly in a vanilla game, providing excellent screen shot opportunities

of Bravil and the surrounding areas. Among many other fixes, I have added "Suliin" road

signs at the main highway and village trail junction, and again near the Bravil Stables.

Included as optional downloads there are four compatibility patch files that cover various

combinations of Suliin, Elsweyr: The Deserts of Anequina, Tales from Elsweyr Anequina,

and Unique Landscapes-Bravil Barrowfields. This allows players to use Suliin alongside

other popular mods that edit the same areas.

ONLY USE one patch file at a time. Choose only the patch that corresponds to the mods you

have loaded. Do not use any of these in conjunction with the patches made by Vorians or

David Brasher. They edit some of the same things and will cause glitches when used together.

Read-me files and load order instructions are included with each of the individual patch

downloads. I have play tested each of these files extensively. However, given the very

large areas involved here and the sheer number of objects added, I may have missed

something. If you find any mistakes, please leave a constructive comment and I will address

it.

Revision Info

===============

The original plugin was either created with an early version of the construction set, made

before the importance of mod cleaning was really understood, or simply rushed into existence

and not properly cleaned after creation. Not sure which, but the result was a dirty mod which

edited random cells half the world away from the mod location. This caused numerous problems

which included blacking out the local map due to a game bug with cell 3,3.

I have cleaned the plugin with TES4Edit's automated process removing a very large amount of

dirty edits, and further manually removed dozens of other random wild edits. File size has been

pared down to about 2/3 the size of the original mod. Before cleaning there were edits to over

180 game cells. The actual physical foot print now covers a total of 68 game cells (still a large

mod by any standards), most of which is taken up by the lake, forest, and waterfalls added by the

mod. The village itself is really not too big compared to other village mods.

==========

West of Bravil. The map markers will display on your map, but you will need to hoof it there at

least once in order to "discover" the location.

Potential Requirements

=========================

Elsweyr: The Deserts of Anequina

Tales from Elsweyr Anequina

Unique Landscapes-Bravil Barrowfields

Install

========

1. Extract to your Oblivion Data folder either manually or using the mod manager of your choice.

2. Set load order.

3. Play and enjoy!

Load Order

=============

Suggest using BOSS to set load order. All of these files are already recognized. Specific load

order instructions are included with each read-me file as well.

Compatibility

===============

May conflict with other mods and patches which edit the same game cells. Compatibility patches

are available as a separate download for Elsweyr: The Deserts of Anequina, Tales from Elsweyr

Anequina, and Unique Landscapes-Bravil Barrowfields.

Credits

=========

Bethesda - for creating Oblivion.

Tes4Edit - for cleaning the inevitable dirt from my mods

LHammonds - for the read-me generator this file was based on

Jagnot & Sacryn - for the original creation and giving permission to use it

Legal Stuff

=============

The original authors left Suliin open for editing, so long as credits are given. Along those lines feel

free to do whatever you like with it. The patch files, however, are my own work. Please do not post

them to any other sites without my consent.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.