• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!

Improved Waterfront Ships

Sign in to follow this  

11 Screenshots

About This File

Ever get tired of seeing the same old ships everywhere you go in the game? Did you find it

odd that all of them were built with the same wood, using the same colors, and none were

really unique? I did too, and so decided to do something about it.

The purpose of this mod was too bring a little color and diversity into the ships of Cyrodiil.

While there are other ship mods which add new models and more ships, they still use plain old

vanilla textures. There are some very good texture replacers out there, such as Qarls Texture

Pack and Grumblepunks Shipyard. The limitation is that you end up with a lot of nice looking

ships that still all use the same textures.

So I've tried to give each of the named vanilla ships a look which suits a) their name, b) their

role in the game, c) the description given by npcs in the game. They are each very unique, and

share not a single texture among them.

Details

========

This mod revamps the boring, washed out vanilla ships into something more fitting for their

respective roles in the game. Each of the ships has been fully retextured from stem to stern,

exterior and interior (although I have only done the main deck interiors). Mid and Lower decks

are currently a WIP at the moment, they will be finished at some point. Compatibility with

AWLS is also a WIP.

This plugin has been tested with the quests in various stages of completion. All of the quests

still work exactly as they were intended to. There is only one note of caution to pass on.

If you install this after you have entered either Serpents Wake or Clarabella the doors will

once gain be locked. This shouldn't really be a problem. You get a key for Serpents Wake at

the start of the quest. You should already have some lockpicking skill before attempting to

enter Clarabella since the door is set at the highest lock level by default. At worst you may

need a few more lockpicks to get back inside.

I hope you will have as much fun using this as I had creating it!

Locations

===========

1. Imperial City Waterfront: Marie Elena is now the "damn fine ship" that First Mate Malvulis

brags about. She is dressed in richly colored hardwoods with engraved mahogany trim work.

2. Anvil Docks: The Sea Tub Clarabella is dirty and downtrodden. Her soiled decks, cracked wood,

and peeling paint are almost as foul as the odor of sheep dung coming from within.

3. Anvil Docks: The Serpents Wake sports rich oak siding, beechwood timbers, and engraved ashwood

trim work.

4. Imperial City Waterfront: The Bloated Float is indeed the finest Floating Hotel in all of Cyrodiil.

She sports a vivid display of browns and green.

5. Panther River: The long lost wreck Emma May is decayed and verging on collapse. Risking a look

inside is not for the faint of heart.

Requirements

===============

Oblivion patched to 1.2.0416

Install

========

1. Extract to your Oblivion Data folder either manually or using the mod manager of your choice.

2. Set load order.

3. Play and enjoy!

There is an optional VWD folder available as a separate download. This is for the people who want

to see the new ships in the distance and to have them reflected in the water. Install the meshes

and textures from the "Optional VWD" folder into Oblivion/Data/Meshes and Oblivion/Data/Textures.

Then run Tes4LODGen to generate the distant view in game.

Load Order

=============

Suggest using BOSS to set load order. All of these files are already recognized. Specific load order

instructions are included with each read-me file as well.

Compatibility

==============

May conflict with other mods and patches which alter/relocate the named vanilla ships. Tested and

works fine with Better Cities. A compatibility patch is available as a separate download for Open

Cities Reborn

This mod CAN be used alongside ship texture replacers such as Grumblepunks with no ill effects. All

of my meshes and textures are unique so texture replacers WILL NOT override anything in this package.

Credits

=========

Bethesda - for Oblivion and the CS

Nifskope and Gimp - for the tools that made this possible

Tes4Edit - for cleaning the inevitable dirt from my mods

LHammonds - for the read-me Generator this file was based on

Bond123 - for the "Bonds skyship" which inspired me to start down this path

Vorians - for the help with sorting out my door issues

Grumblepunk - for allowing use of the Moretta textures

Deathless Aphrodite - for allowing use of the Cybiades textures

Arthmoor - for use of his far nifs and the tutorial which taught me to make my own

SkandarGraun - for the "Nolda Renovated" mod which inspired the Bloated Float design.

Nephenee13 - for being so darn quick to respond when I needed asistance

Legal Stuff

=============

Please do not upload these files to any other sites without my express consent. With the exception

of two, all of the textures used herein are my personal work, and they represent a significant

investment of my personal time. If you wish to use any of them, you need to ask first. If you wish

to use the borrowed textures contained in this package, you will need to contact the authors listed

above for their permission.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks Andalay! It's an older one that's been on Oblivion Nexus for quite some time. I have another update in the works but will be some time before I can get back around to it. Planning to move some other files over here as well so there is more on the way.

Share this comment