About This File
ELSWEYR ANEQUINA by Iliana
An across-the-border expansion.
Version March 2014
If you need to contact me please send me a PM. I don't check this site's forums and so questions posted there won't receive a reply. ~ Iliana
High beyond the hills of the Niben lies the great desert plateau of central Elsweyr. From sandy desert wastes to rocky, red badlands, from grassy savannah to jungle coast, the lands of Anequina beckon.
This new region, spanning the section of Elsweyr between Skingrad and Leyawiin, includes four new landscapes (desert to jungle), five new towns, several villages, Khajiit sub-races, a couple dozen quests, four player homes and a monster-filled wilderness to explore.
The deserts and badlands of Anequina are hidden behind high hill ranges so are not readily visible from Cyrodiil despite their close proximity.
When you first install the mod an Elsweyr Anequina book will be added to your inventory which provides a quick overview of all the settlements, as well as the location of quest givers, inns, merchants and trainers. Copies of this book can also be found sitting in the middle of the Elsweyr border bridges near Riverhold and Rimmen.
I hope you have lots of fun exploring these new lands!
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THIS!
1. You also need to download and install the Elsweyr Anequina Meshes and Textures resource file from this site:
2. You must have your in-game borders disabled or you won't be able to reach the new region. See the installation instructions to learn how.
3. If you have the 2010 version of Elsweyr installed and the Unofficial Elsweyr Anequina Patch please uninstall both and make a clean save before installing this new version.
4. This version of the mod is not compatible with the Unofficial Elsweyr Anequina Patch. So do not later install that patch.
5. The mod is fully playable but not 100% complete. (E.g. Some buildings in the cities are closed off and a few other minor locations.)
* Twenty-four new mini-quests and three small joinable guilds.
* The cities of Corinthe, Riverhold, Orcrest, Dune and Rimmen.
* Four new landscapes: Savannah, Sand Desert, Rocky Badlands, Coastal Jungle and also a small coral reef.
* The villages of Alabaster & Duncori Walk.
* The waystops of King's Walk and Darkarn Place.
* The imperial forts of Seaplace and Riverkeep.
* More than 400 new NPCs including custom desert bandits and Khajiit tribesmen.
* Buyable elephant mount from the King's Walk caravanserai (on the road between Riverhold & Orcrest).
* Buyable houses in Riverhold, Orcrest, Dune, and Rimmen.
* A few caves and three hostile tribal villages.
* Custom monster-spawns and new creatures in the wilderness.
* A new road from Skingrad to Leyawiin, and from Faregyl Inn south.
* New plants, ingredients, armor, weapons, and other items.
* New Khajiit NPC sub-races (based on lore).
A. The in-game borders must be disabled. See installation instructions below.
B. The latest official Oblivion patch is needed to run this mod.
C. The Elsweyr Anequina Meshes and Textures file.
1. You must download both this file and the Elsweyr Anequina Meshes and Textures file.
2. If you have the 2010 version of ElsweyrAnequina installed and the Unofficial Elsweyr Anequina Patch please uninstall both, make a clean save (in an interior cell in Cyrodiil), delete the folders Meshes/Anequina/ and Textures/Anequina/ from your directory, and then reinstall.
3. Extract the files from both downloads to your Oblivion/Data/ folder. Answer "yes" when it prompts you to overwrite.
4. Check the file ElsweyrAnequina.esp in your mod lists.
5. The in-game borders MUST be disabled. This can be done either by--
A. By switching the "bBorderRegionsEnabled=1" to "0" in your Oblivion game ini file. You can find this ini in your folder My Documents/My Games/Oblivion. The setting can be found near the top of the ini file under the heading [General].
B. Or by installing a border removal mod, e.g. "Borderless Cyrodiil."
6a. (Optional) If you wish to see the cities and Elsweyr trees in the distant view load this mod 10th in your load order (9th after Oblivion.esm), OR
6b. (Optional) Run TES4LODGen after installing this mod. Distant view for new types of architecture is dependent on load order, so you need to generate these yourself. If you ever change your load order run it again as the records are load order dependent.
TES4LODGen is very simple to use! Just double click on the file exe from the download.
7. (Optional) If you wish to create a character using any of the new races download the Custom Race Fix mod, which tweaks some of the vanilla quests to allow for new races.
Available files include:-
1. Elsweyr Anequina Mar 2014.rar 34MB
The Elsweyr Anequina mod's main esp and support files.
2. ElsweyrAnequinaMeshesTextures.rar 360MB
The meshes and textures required for the mod. This large file won't ever be updated so you won't need to download it again with any future updates.
3. ElsweyrAnequinaNoSpidersPatch.rar 1MB
For arachnophobes! This tiny patch removes giant spiders from the wilderness. Load after the ElsweyrAnequina.esp. You may need to wait a while if you've already traveled through Elsweyr as the monster spawn points take time to reset. (P.S. Spiders still infest the spider cave.)
4. ElsweyrAnequinaValenwoodImprovedPatch.rar 29MB
An enormous patch for Elsweyr Anequina and Valenwood Improved (by Eldarie) including a modified ElsweyrAnequina.esp customised to work with the patch. (See the readme included for installation instructions.)
This is incompatible with the twmp mods.
5. ElsweyrAnequinaLandscapeLODQuickFix.rar 6MB
6. ElsweyrAnequinaValenwoodLandscapeLODQuickFix.rar 9MB
These two tiny files can be downloaded to quickly restore the distant landscape if it becomes broken (that is, if the distant landscape loses its colour or large gashes appear in the mountains after you install some other mod).
The first set is the distant landscape for Elsweyr Anequina alone.
The second set is for the distant landscape of Elsweyr Anequina and Valenwood Improved combined.
1. "You can't go this way, please turn back" message means the borders haven't been disabled yet. See the installation instructions. Its just a matter of changing a single digit in a text file.
2. Some things are pink and/or there are giant exclamation marks. The ElsweyrAnequina.bsa must be placed in your Data/ folder. There are also a few loose files in the Meshes/Anequina/ folder which must be included.
3. Game Crashes
Make sure you have Bethesda's latest Official Patch installed.
Also make sure that all the download files have been placed in your game's Data/ folder. The resource files for this mod must be downloaded and installed separately.
4. Distant landscape loses its textures or a giant gap appears in the mountain. This mod comes with a new set of distant landscape files for the Elsweyr region. But sometimes other mods will overwrite these and the new distant landscape in the area with vanish.
If it becomes broken you can quickly fix it by downloading and installing the tiny file called ElsweyrAnequinaLandscapeLODQuickFix and extracting that to your Oblivion folder.
5. Cannot activate the door to exit many of the buildings in Orcrest and Corinthe. This is caused by faulty replacement meshes for the Elsweyr buildings provided by the AWLS (Animated Window Lighting System) mod. To fix delete the folder Meshes/Anequina/Architecture/.
This file is not compatible with:
-Elsweyr the Deserts of Anequina (Version 2010) (must be completely uninstalled before adding the 2014 version)
-The Unofficial Elsweyr Anequina Patch
-Elsweyr Valenwood Improved Patch (Version 2010) (there is a replacement for this)
-AWLS (Animated Windows Lighting System) contains a number of faulty replacement Elsweyr building meshes which prevent you from exiting some buildings. See "Troubleshooting" for a quick fix.
-anything located in the Rimmen area (between the village of Border Watch and the shrine of Sheogorath)
A couple of mods create a few anomalies but are otherwise compatible:
-Natural Environments doubles the size of the shrubs which buries Riverhold and Rimmen in foliage making both towns difficult to navigate (I may patch this at some point).
-One of the weather mods will override the Elsweyr weather settings and cause rain and snow to fall in the desert.
-The Unofficial Oblivion Patch may have altered the Ayleid meshes which would mess up the village of Alabaster.
There is a new (Feb 2015) patch for Valenwood Improved available (see Files above).
A special thanks to Mr Siika who created a large number of custom models for this mod including architecture tilesets for the city of Dune and much of Orcrest and Rimmen, the desert fortress, King's Walk caravanserai, the ziggurat, the noria, and the slarjei bird creature.
And also to LogicDragon for creating many mesh and texture fixes and suggested esp fixes.
Mr Siika (Dune city architecture, Rimmen city architecture & marketplace stalls, some Orcrest city architecture (palace, arena & walls), King's Walk caravanserai, desert fortresses, Minotaur village, ziggurat temple)
DarknessEternal (Corinthe city architecture, some Orcrest city architecture (township houses))
TheKarithian (some Orcrest city architecture (oasis buildings), Two Moon temple)
Auryga (Rimmen palace and temple buildings, bridges)
SevenRavens (Tribal huts)
LANDSCAPE & FLORA
Addiktive (Desert textures)
Koniption (Tropical trees, plants, corals, ingredients)
Texian (Water rapids & coastal waves)
Siegfried (Palmetto trees)
Momo (Flowering cacti)
DeathlessAphrodite (Plain cacti & baobab trees)
Senten (Barrel cactus)
Mr Siika (Animated seagulls & vultures)
Sachiel (Rock formations)
Phitt (Animated fish)
Mr Siika (Animated seahorse).
KHAJIIT & OTHER RACES
AlienSlof (Khajiit retextures)
Luchaire (Ohmes-raht Khajiit "Tabaxi")
Veld (Khajiit black)
SniperDaria (Tattooed Ohmes)
Trollf (Desert armor retextures (chain, leather, mithril, pit, chain, elven, daedric), Daedric collar & skirt)
Ghogiel (Bonemold armor)
Koniption (Maomer armor)
Frank (Tribal shields)
Frankpants (Lamellar armor)
Uglulyx (Retextures of lamellar & pit armor, hide cuirasses)
Ayhan (Ottoman & archer helms)
AlienSlof's Orc (Tribal fur armor)
Exanimis (Elephant shield)
Corthian (Scale armor)
Trollf (Peasant weapons)
Exanimis (Tribal weapons)
Waalx (Khajiit blades)
Hel Borne (Broad spear, trident)
Koniption (Meat cleaver)
Trolff (Misc robes & clothing)
KrimsynKane & Kikaimegami (Scarves)
Waalx (Fat clothes)
Pale Rider (Straw hat)
Nessa (Upper05 clothing retextures)
Mr Siika (Market produce and meats and fish, spinning wheel, tapestry frame, clothes line)
Koniption (Ingredients, canoes, nets, & misc clutter)
Hel Borne (Orc skulls)
Senten (Road/Shop signs & tree fix)
Lazarus (Tall baskets)
Meo3000 (Moon globes, open books)
McMuffin (Skooma pipe)
Der Kriger (Mounted heads)
Phaedra (Vomit & urine puddles)
Khugan (Gold & silver bars)
LiquidGraph (Arabian lamp, talon, giant rib, geode)
Trolff (Portable lamps & candles)
MrMuh & RPG-BlackDragon (Havoked crates, barrels, sacks)
Mr Siika (Animal skull)
DominickCryomonde (Khajiit skulls)
Prometheus (Lacquered table & stool)
Xiamara & Lazarus (Cushions)
Lutur (Dried corn)
Washington (Morrowind beverages)
Darkness Eternal (Urns)
Phitt (Old iron chest)
Critterman (Icons (barrel, crate, chest)
AndalayBay (Generic signs)
Prometheus & Xilver (Lizard, glyptodon, addax, monkey-apeman, sandcrawler)
Mr Siika (Camel, slarjei bird, minotaur ox, minotaur cow, minotaur bull, minotaur chief)
Mr Siika, Divine Avenger & Yarharhar (Elephants, elephant mount)
Mr Siika, Corepc & Jdfan (Durzogs)
Corepc (Red & black boars, fat bellied minotaurs)
Cryonaut, Xmarksthespot & Grimdeath (Pahmer & crocodilion)
CGChaos & Infiniti (Sea lamia, spore cat, marine abominations)
Francesco (Goats, cats)
InsanitySorrow (Brown troll)
Cryonaut (Red wolf)
Cyronaut, Malo, Elveon & AlienSlof (Spiders)
Argentsol (Skavens "desert rat goblins")
DeathlessAphrodite (Red sand crabs)
Sjors Boomschors & Toru Miyazawa (Sharks, variety of fish)
Hel Borne (Orc zombies)
b3w4r3 (White deer)
Raggidman ("Hunting Hunted Hunters")
DavidWolf (Custom loadscreens)
Watadarkstar (Custom loadscreens)
MISC ADJUSTMENTS & OPTIMISATIONS
LogicDragon (Various mesh and texture fixes)
PacificMorrowind (Various mesh customisations and adjustments)
The AWLS team (Illuminated windows)
Arthmoor (Optimised meshes)
And Bethesda of course for providing us with this wonderful open ended game in the first place!
TES4Edit 3.0.32 (Trimming and cleaning)
TES4Gecko 15.2 (Silent voice files)
TES4LodGen (Distant view vanilla trees)
Please do not upload this mod to other sites. The only valid one is my upload here on the Assimilation Lab website.
The French translation of the mod is available here: http://www.confrerie-des-traducteurs.fr/oblivion/mods/cyrodiil/lieux/elsweyr__le_desert_danequina
There is also a German translation of the 2010 version of mod available at pagan-tes-mods.com.