About This File
Secret Society Quest Log
Game Version: 1.31.3100
If you aren't familiar with The Secret Society, have a look at my guide. This is a set of blank tables that you can use to record all your quest objectives, as well as other key notes to the game. It consists of a set of five tables as well as list of the rooms that require special objects to play.
- The quest log table lists all the locations, including "Any", where you can specify the objective and the mode, anomaly or action required at that location.
- The puzzles table lists the four puzzles and a row for "any" in which you can record the objective for the puzzles you need to solve.
- The collection quests table is blank, with columns to list the quest, the reward and the requirements. You can use this to record the details of your favourite collections or collection quests that you can't complete yet.
- The awards table lists all the awards in alphabetical order, along with the subject or type of the award, the goal levels and a space for you to record your progress.
- The list of "paid" rooms lists the rooms that require a special item to play, along with the items required and where they can be obtained.
- The scene levels list lists the scene levels in order of advancement. Some collection items won't appear in a scene until you've reached the specified scene level.
- The friends table is a blank table with space to record your friends name and the visit and gifting dates.
Print the log and fill it in as you play.
Recording the Quest Information
The first table has all the locations with a column for the objective. You'll notice that I have labelled that
Objective (Mode, Anomaly or Action). Here's a sample of how you might fill in the information:
I list the object I'm after, if any. Then I list the mode, anomaly or action needed to acquire that item in parentheses. If I just need to investigate the photo or investigate the photo in a particular mode, then I just list that in parentheses. If I just need to find the item in any mode, then I just list the item.
I found it's best to list the item because you may get the item through other means, so the task can be completed without having to find it in the specific location. I've had many cases where I will find the item in another location and the quest is marked as completed, or I may get the item from a friend.
Suggestions for Abbreviations
Here are the abbreviations I've adopted for the various modes and anomalies. These are listed at the bottom of each page in the quest log.
T - Text, S - Silhouette, N - Night, PR - Pairs, P - Pieces, M - Morphs, C - Curse
GM - Ghostly Mirror, MS - Mystic Smoke, LT - Lost Time, SE - Scroll Eater
The quest log is available as .docx and .odt. ODT is open document format and you can open it with OpenOffice or LibreOffice, both of which are free.
What's New in Version 1.31.3100
- Added new locations and list of scene levels