About This File
YASH is an old-school overhaul that alters every single game mechanic in a strict lore friendly way. The mod introduces several mechanics: unique vanilla races, race specific perk ranks, no level scaling, skill requirements for weapons and armors, weapons and spells damage scaling to skill level, spells casting failures, food and drinks timed attributes bonuses, open encounter zones, enemies weaknesses and resistances, droppable quest items, potions curing over time, and much, much more.
What's New in Version 1.37
- - crossbows weren't detected properly by the low skills messages system
- - damage penalties are now proportional to skills
- - Daggers can be used to bash locks open up to Apprentice lock level, provided you have the required 1H skill [75 for Novice, 100 for Apprentice]
- - Swords, Maces and War Axes can be used to bash locks open up to Adept lock level, provided you have the required 1H skill [50 for Novice, 75 for Apprentice, 100 for Adept]
- - 2H weapons can still be used to bash locks open up to Expert level, provided you have the required 2H skill [25 for Novice, 50 for Apprentice, 75 for Adept, 100 for Expert]
- - The Notice Board NPCs won't be hostile anymore
- - NPCs shouldn't be able anymore to dodge arrows like ninjas
- - staffs magnitudes scale to Enchanting skill [don't really like this, will probably remove it in stable]
- - first steps towards YASH2: added a scheduler; the script previously attached to DOOR and CONT forms is now inert and all DOOR and CONT related forms are removed from the ESP;
- lock bashing and lockpicking requirements are now handled dynamically through reference aliases picked at runtime, meaning that any kind of mod-addded locked door or container will be affected
- - further step towards YASH2: only HMS potions are renamed, other potions are reverted back to vanilla names
- - Skill books names, spell tomes weights and prices, most ingredients weights, misc items weights and potions weights are now changed at runtime
- This is done only once per game run, meaning that if you die and reload a save, either during the same game session or quitting to main menu,
- the game will be already YASH'ed. Users testing this beta must remove YASH_RenamedSkillBooks.esp from their Data directory or a double renaming will occur.
- Related skill books records are already removed from YASH_AllOptionals.esp.