• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!

About This File

Update: New WIP Release

In addition to the fix for high resolution monitors and the various level-up bugs, this release also has a customized location discovery script for the Shivering Isles. See the change log, below.

What's next? I'm working with DavidJCobb on making Ob XP compatible with Northern UI. I'll also look at adding support for X Skills.

IMPORTANT: Uninstall any previous version of Ob XP before installing this version. Do NOT make a new save. Uninstall the old version of Oblivion XP, check to make sure all of the old files have been deleted, especially if you use OBMM, and then install the new version. I have moved the menu files around and the old copies may not be cleared out properly if you don't uninstall first. If you use BAIN, it would be fine, but other methods will require that you uninstall first, so it's better to do it for all installation methods.

NOTE: If you load your saved game and are presented with a blank levelup menu, just click DONE and then immediately load your saved game again. Then open the levelup menu and level up your character. This is another symptom of the bug and it will be fixed once you reload your game and level up.

Change Log 4.4

• fixed prompt to initialize Oblivion XP after first level-up bug
  • fixed bug in point award for reading scrolls
  • deleted generic_background75.xml. No longer used.
  • cleaned up menus. Parameterized more elements, removed duplicate definitions. Fixed text wrap length so the menu works with other languages.
  • changed colour of skill cost text to make it easier to see.
  • fixed level-up menu for high resolution monitors (1440p and above).
  • enhanced Shivering Isles location discovery. Previously it only gave a static number of points. Now you'll get a varying number of points based on distance to nearest city.
  • added NMM installation script created by Haikem. Thanks Haikem!

What's New in Version 4.4.3

Released

Added option to hide HUD message log completely. See messageLogVisible variable in the ini file. If you hide the message log, you should turn off the XP gained chime too (messageSoundXP).

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Silly question I Know, but do i need to uninstall the earlier version, 4.3.3 I think it is?

I'll happily test this new version for you.

Excellent mod by the way.  One of my favourites.  Does a lot for the levelling in Oblivion which the skill based system abandoned.

Good work.

Share this comment

Sorry, I don't have things configured to notify me of comments. It's better to post in the support topic, linked above.

Anyway to answer your question, yes. In fact you should uninstall any previous version before installing this one. I'll add that to the notes.

Share this comment