About This File
Update: New WIP Release
In addition to the fix for high resolution monitors and the various level-up bugs, this release also has a customized location discovery script for the Shivering Isles. See the change log, below.
What's next? I'm working with DavidJCobb on making Ob XP compatible with Northern UI. I'll also look at adding support for X Skills.
IMPORTANT: Uninstall any previous version of Ob XP before installing this version. Do NOT make a new save. Uninstall the old version of Oblivion XP, check to make sure all of the old files have been deleted, especially if you use OBMM, and then install the new version. I have moved the menu files around and the old copies may not be cleared out properly if you don't uninstall first. If you use BAIN, it would be fine, but other methods will require that you uninstall first, so it's better to do it for all installation methods.
NOTE: If you load your saved game and are presented with a blank levelup menu, just click DONE and then immediately load your saved game again. Then open the levelup menu and level up your character. This is another symptom of the bug and it will be fixed once you reload your game and level up.
Change Log 4.4
- fixed prompt to initialize Oblivion XP after first level-up bug
- fixed bug in point award for reading scrolls
- deleted generic_background75.xml. No longer used.
- cleaned up menus. Parameterized more elements, removed duplicate definitions. Fixed text wrap length so the menu works with other languages.
- changed colour of skill cost text to make it easier to see.
- fixed level-up menu for high resolution monitors (1440p and above).
- enhanced Shivering Isles location discovery. Previously it only gave a static number of points. Now you'll get a varying number of points based on distance to nearest city.
- added NMM installation script created by Haikem. Thanks Haikem!
What's New in Version 4.4.3
Added option to hide HUD message log completely. See messageLogVisible variable in the ini file. If you hide the message log, you should turn off the XP gained chime too (messageSoundXP).