About This File
by Melchior Dahrk
These robes were originally made for my Lyithdonea project, but I decided to release them as a standalone mod for Modathon 2018. The concept behind the mod is to provide both an immersive experience by giving a uniform to mages guild members as well as to improve gameplay by providing a useful alternative to armor for mages; such as is offered in Skyrim. Many Mages Guild members will now wear the new robes.
- 19 mage robe variants
- A robe for every magic school with Novice and Master variants
- Generic robes for Novice, Master, and Arch-Mage
- Toggle the hood on or off for every robe
- New quest and dungeon with unique loot to acquire the Arch-Mage's Robe
- Mage robes added to vanilla NPCs via script for immersion
- Obtain mage robes as rewards for vanilla quests and achieving rank milestones
- Purchase mage robes from Guild Provisioner NPC (rank/skill requirements)
- Maximum compatibility (no vanilla NPCs or dialogue are edited by the mod)
- Mage robes have magicka fortifying enchantments to provide utility for magic user gameplay
- Meet a quirky new companion character on your quest for the Arch-Mage's robe
- Add-Ons for several mods are included in the download
- PSDs included in separate download as a Modder's Resource
To toggle your hood, drop the robe and pick it back up. A message will appear giving you the option to use/remove your hood.
Novice Robes Fortify Maximum Magicka 0.2x Intelligence and Fortify their respective skills by 10 points, constant effect.
Master Robes Fortify Maximum Macgicka 0.5x Intelligence and Fortify their respective skills by 20 points, constant effect.
As stated above, the goal for this mod is to provide magic users with a viable alternative to using armor. Now instead of Armor Rating, mages can rely on enhanced magicka pools for casting. This mod stands well on its own but would pair well with a mod that rewards mages for using unarmored (see Recommendations section below).
After you join the mages guild, talk to the Wizard of the Guildhall (who you joined with) about "member of the mages guild" to receive your generic novice robes. Once you are a wizard, you can talk to any other wizard about "member of the mages guild" again to receive your Master Robes.
After you become at least a Journeyman, you can talk to the new provisioner NPC in the Caldera Guild of Mages to purchase novice robes for each school. Once you are a wizard, you can purchase master robes from the provisioner. You must have a skill level of 20 in each school to purchase novice robes and 70 to purchase master robes.
Each of the Mages Guild questgivers will give the player a set of robes once they reach a certain level in their quests. Be sure to look for new topics to make sure you receive your robes (see spoiler section for details). This includes: Ajira (Balmora), Ranis Athrys (Balmora), Edwinna Elbert (Ald'ruhn), Skink-in-Tree's-Shade (Wolverine Hall). Finally, Trebonius has a quest for the player to recover the Arch-Mage's robe (if Trebonius is dead, talk to Flacassia Fauseius -Vivec Guild Guide- after becoming Arch-Mage).
- Mage Robes - The Hostiles.ESP : if you use TrevorDemented's The Hostiles, this plugin will add the new mage robes to leveled the leveled lists used by the mod. Need to merge leveled lists.
- Mage Robes - Starfires NPC Additions.ESP : if you use Starfire's NPC Additions, this plugin will add the new mage robes to the leveled lists used by the mod. Need to merge leveled lists.
- Mage Robes - Dagon Fel Mages Guild.ESP : if you use half11's Full-fledged Dagon Fel Mages Guild, this plugin will add the new mage robes to the NPCs in the Dagon Fel Guild of Mages interior.
- Mage Robes - Vivec Guild of Mages Expansion.ESP : if you use Mordaxis' Vivec Guild of Mages Expansion, this plugin will add the new mage robes to the new NPCs in the Vivec Guild of Mages interior.
What's New in Version 1.30
V1.30 - Official fix for OpenMW (updated script to be both MW and OMW compatible). Use latest nightly OpenMW version or look for the 0.45 release