• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. CTDs due to streamline(???)

You must have followed the instructions in the Oblivion XP readme. I tell people how to make OR compatible. I wish Leo would stop saying you can't use OR with Ob XP. If you're not sure, have a look at the compatibility section in the Ob XP readme.
  3. Today
  4. CTDs due to streamline(???)

Yes, for the Vampire Aging & Face Fix there's this: But nothing like that for the Citadel Door fix.
  5. CTDs due to streamline(???)

Ok,I will make sure to remove them to save some space. About Oblivion XP and OR, I must say here that,despite having read the conflicts/issues section in Oblivion XP readme,I tested multiple times to see if I am able to level up with the "rest" feature activated in OR .ini and so far,it works just fine. I have no trouble at all leveling up and resting in the game. Is it possible the authors fixed this little problem and they forgot to mention it??? Or am I just that lucky that these two in combination don't cause me any trouble,at least so far/.
  6. CTDs due to streamline(???)

I don't recall I seen that before. Of course I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
  7. CTDs due to streamline(???)

I found Streamline stable(ish) with this setup: From memory there were issues with Streamsaving and Purging.
  8. CTDs due to streamline(???)

I believe the Citadel door fix is also available via a Bash tweak.
  9. CTDs due to streamline(???)

I see you have two esp that aren't necessary to be activated and one of them is totally a waste of a slot. IIRC both of them should be safe to remove, but remember to rebuild the bashed patch and re-launch the TES4LODGen before launching Oblivion. 04 UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp [Version 1.0.0] 05 Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp The first one is already covered in the tweak settings in the bashed batch and the second one is only needed if you have trouble with the sound in-game. You also use both Oblivion XP and OR, which will cause issues when you want to wait in-game or want to level up without sleeping in a bed.
  10. CTDs due to streamline(???)

Thanks,Anda. Here it is: Active Mod Files:
  11. Yesterday
  12. CTDs due to streamline(???)

Have a look at TESCOSI for instructions on how to post your load order. See the Troubleshooting section on the home page, on the right hand side.
  13. CTDs due to streamline(???)

Ok,I think I found the problem. It must be this mod: More Guards (https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/18252). I am not sure with which mod it conflicts about after removing it the game runs without problems(so far,at least).This was one of the new mods I added. I wasn't expecting it to be a problem since the author never mentioned any compatibility issues in the description. In the begging,I thought there was sth wrong with streamline since it was the only mod that I was missing after the installation of the new mods and even after installing the problem remained(I could say I had more ofter CTDs than before but I could be wrong) and that's why I was wondring about streamline. In any case,here's my load order(maybe there is another problem in one of my mods that I haven't dscovered yet): 1)http://prntscr.com/nde3b8 , 2) http://prntscr.com/nde3jz, 3) http://prntscr.com/nde3pb Btw,thank you for the info about Reneer's Guard Overhaul,Malonn,I was thinking to try that mod,too. Will stay away from it unless there is an update earlier. Anda,I am staying away from anything is "advanced" in any kind of settings in mods,unless it is sth I want really bad but I have to have at least a general idea of what I am doing before I start changing things here and there. Thanks for your advice anyway. Perhaps I will avoid it once I start playing in my new computer in a few days.
  14. I've been Photoscanning with Agisoft, It's really amazing :P if you take 2000 Photos on a single object, lol

15. CTDs due to streamline(???)

You may have to uninstall mods one by one until you find the culprit. It's hard to say based on your OP alone. Give us a load order. Maybe a mod will jump out at one of us. Before looking, I will say stay away from Reneer's Guard Overhaul (it just popped in my head)--it is a CTD machine.
  16. Elder Scrolls: Blades Early Access

Here is a good article on how this game is a money trap if you’ll let it. I only play a few minutes at a time and play other stuff while waiting for stuff to finish. Even I’ve had chests pile up and I’m only level 13. I suspect I’ll have to quite entirely soon or only play once every few days. It’s just not worth spending real money on. I like rebuilding the town, but there are only a couple of dungeon layouts, so it gets tiring real quick. There is one thing I do like! You can create poisons once you build an alchemy shop. Unlike other TES games, the poisons seem to be a character ability rather than attached to a specific weapon, and you can have more than one. So if you use the equivalent of weakness to fire and weakness to poison potion, they last for a few minutes and affect your enemies no matter what kind of attack you use. However if you use a fire spell or a poison spell, or use a weapon with the appropriate enchantment, the damage is much greater and lasts for several strikes and/or spells. Now there are no ranged attacks, so your spells can be interrupted and backfire.
  17. Last week
  18. CTDs due to streamline(???)

Streamline can cause CTD’s. I don’t use it because I never got any benefit from it and I experienced CTD’s. Specifically, it can be a problem if you mess with the advanced heap settings. It really depends on your configuration. If I recall correctly, Arthmoor was able to configure it with advanced settings and it really helped his game.
  19. CTDs due to streamline(???)

So, after a few days of fun playing a modded Oblivion without any serious problems,I decided to add a couple more(minor) mods to my game. In order to avoid any problem,I decided to uninstall and reinstall from scratch all the mods I was using with the addition mods to the according places(install order). Everything worked as it should,sorted load order with BOSS,rebuilt the bash patch and used TES4LODGen in the end. So far so good. While trying to play from my last saved game,however,I experienced CTD when I was trying to travel to frostcrag Spire.I thought it might be a corrupted saved game,so I loaded the previous one which had a fair distanced in game-time from the 1st one. Again,I experienced a CTD but not while trying to fast-travel but when I was waiting(specifically,after th 7th hour,the game crushed). I went to the third one and in general,I tried around 10 saved games with different game-times and with a good amount of time distance between one another to see if the problem persisted and unfortunately,it does. The wierd thing is, I get a CTD while doing a different action from the rest of the saves I tried. Sometimes the game crushed on fast-travel(frostcrag was an example,I experienced CTDs on several locations,including weynon priory,weye in,Anvil stables and others)others on wait and others when I tried to sell items to a merchant,the one who sells the deepscorn hollow deeds(do not remember his name)-didn't try to sell stuff to other vendors. Does anyone have any idea what might be the cause-or causes- of these CTDs? I checked the install and load order from after I added the new mods and from before I add them and it matches. I also checked the files from the saved games in Wrye Bash and everything seems to be in order. So,what now?? Is there any other way to check what and where is the problem? Note that I tried to load both streamsaves and Oblivion saved games and the results were the same in every case.
  20. OH NO!!!!!!!! Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France has been destroyed by fire. I’m not Catholic, but I love the architecture and art in old churches and cathedrals. We didn’t get a chance to see the cathedral when we visited Paris. This is devasting.

1. AndalayBay

AndalayBay

Things may not be as dire as they looked earlier. We’ll know more in the morning. It looks like they saved the stone towers and part of the roof. Hopefully the rose window is undamaged. Last I heard, they said they wouldn’t know for sure until the morning.

2. Leonardo

Leonardo

The news about the fire is hot news in Sweden and some religious communities has already began to collect money for the renovation of the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris.

A Swedish news reporter who previous covered France said that the Fire Department in Paris was praised for their job and that probably minimized to damage.

I guess will all have to wait and see what happens.

3. AndalayBay

AndalayBay

There are several billionaires in France who are competing to pay for the restoration. Basically several of the big fashion and cosmetic companies, so it will get rebuilt. I am pleased, and somewhat shocked, to say that they were able to save a number of artifacts and paintings. Even the organ survived, although they aren’t sure of the extent of the water damage yet. It didn’t get burned though. I can’t believe they lost the roof, but so much of the interior survived. Thankfully much of it is stone, so they were able to save it. I just remember from past travels that I saw so many churches and castles destroyed by fire because they were mostly made of wood, or even if they had a mostly stone construction, they just collapsed. It would seem that taking 300 years to build the Notre Dame has paid off. Good on them and something to remember.

Oh, and the rose window survived.

21. Kitties!!

Around here the mixed breed dogs are really popular. People will spend $3000 for a mixed breed dog, but not even half of that on a purebred cat.
  22. Kitties!!

They do, but either can't afford them, don't know how to look after them, or are not allowed to keep cats in their abode. Or a little peturbed about that large dog down the road.
  23. Kitties!!

I’ll get my cats spayed and neutered once I stop breeding them. That will probably be sooner rather than later. There are way too many kittens available and people don’t care about purebred cats.
  24. Kitties!!

Haha. I remember growing up with male cats that they'd always show up with wounds on them from time to time. Some of those wounds were gnarly.
  25. Cobl

Hi Venutius, I am no expert, but I've been trying to understand the changes in your wizard. I'm not clear about the new condition you added below for FCOM. . . . If GetEspmStatus("FCOM_Convergence.esm") < 1 Note "FCOM is not active, so II Placement for FCOM not selected"; DeSelectEspm "Item interchange - Placement for FCOM.esp"; EndIf <New> If GetEspmStatus("FCOM_Convergence.esm") > 0 Note "FCOM is active, so II Placement not selected"; DeSelectEspm "Item interchange - Placement.esp"; EndIf </New> So if FCOM is active, the normal 'II Placement' should be deactivated. Therefore only 'II Placement for FCOM' should be used when running FCOM. Do the two together cause issues? This logic is only applied for FCOM, which is why I'm asking. I know it's been a while, but these boards reach far across spacetime. Thanks!
  26. Elder Scrolls: Blades Early Access

I’m pleased to say that some things never change, including the weird positions NPC’s die in.
  27. Elder Scrolls: Blades Early Access

The game just got updated and it looks like Beth is listening on some points. They addressed the biggest two complaints: silver chests now take only an hour to open and if you spend gems to open a chest, you are now asked to confirm the purchase if it costs more than 11 gems. Previously it was too easy to hit Open Now by mistake. They also made a few other changes including improving the rewards in the abyss levels that are below the character’s level.
  28. Earlier
  29. Kitties!!

No, I have to keep them separate. Darwin lives upstairs and Pascal is downstairs. We have a glass wall and they jump at each other through the glass!
  30. Kitties!!

Is that how you keep the two males from fighting? Don't they want to fight each other?
  1. Load more activity