• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Speed Trees

The Autocad notes also provide a background to it for sure. The most basic test would be to use his code to transfer a vanilla spt to text, then back to spt, and then test it in game. Setting up tests for SpeedTree is another thing. If it does that, we can certainly move onto other considerations.
  3. Last week
  4. Speed Trees

From what I read of his notes, it sounds like he’s trying to figure it out too. Did you try creating the text file to see what it has? I saw a bunch of comments about figuring out what the numbers mean.
  5. Speed Trees

Looking at this library, the usage goes: Usage: 1. sptparser tree.spt > newtree.txt 2. emacs newtree.txt (or any other text editor) 3. sptcompiler newtree.txt > newtree.spt There's not a real lot of info on how to build or handle any compiled form. Should I raise an issue just to ask?
  6. Tools and Utilities

ShadeMe is still looking after the CSE- very busy last year, but now looking like one or two commits per annum. From memory, there were lots of issues from various users on the old Bethsoft forums but only two at Github now, and both of those by ShadeMe. Bunch o' Edits: There's a bug section at Nexus Mods which explains it. To complement this great list there's also Buddah. Has anyone tried Timeslip's Mod Conflict Detector? Performed a run on this setup and got a truckload of errors! (2mb file) Wow. (As with the original, this is also found in TESModManager, a kind of OBMM reloaded still being developed). The DDS Plugin for Gimp has its only home at Google. Is it possible to mirror it here (think the GNU license allows it) in case Google pulls its code repo. Unlikely- but we all know what happened to Google+ don't we? In NifTools there's a thing called Mopper. There's an article with broken image links which explains the acronym: The link for Tes4Files has gone. (Discussed above.) The ModsReloaded file has been verified as working. Does DDSOpt actually replace the relevant functions of TES4Files?
  7. He'll want a BSA extractor for that, BSA Commander is what i use. Note on search: In Windows 10 indexing for search is turned on for all files by default. In my case only a few folders are indexed, but in earlier editions of Windows, non-indexed files may not be picked up in searches at all.
  8. Well he has to extract the files from the BSA’s first, if he hasn’t already.
  9. Apple's iPhones are not safe

Good to know about Panda. I’ve never heard of them before. The way they presented the article was odd to me and then they had the ad for their anti-virus software at the bottom. I just think they should be more unbiased if they are reporting news like that. As Sigurd said, this was first reported at least a week ago and we got the updates a few days ago, perhaps even a week. I don’t install updates right away because they often include features and changes that I don’t like.
  10. Apple's iPhones are not safe

I was referring to more recent news.
  11. Have you ever search for a specific file extension before? If not then type this without quotes in the search field in Windows Explorer. "*.xml" That's all you need to do.
  12. Apple's iPhones are not safe

What I really liked with Panda is their virus scan lab service in which one can send a suspicious virus infected file(s) to be examined then in less than a hour IIRC one will know for sure whether the file is virus infected or not.
  13. Apple's iPhones are not safe

Are you referring to this?
  14. Apple's iPhones are not safe

True, although a few years ago said AV was tricked into eating its own updater - effectively crippling the program and preventing it from being uninstalled. Anyway - heard about this at work last week. In other news, Intel CPU's are overheated security trainwrecks.
  15. Apple's iPhones are not safe

Panda Security has been putting out a legit antivirus product for PC for years. They're not the most well known company but they're not driveby spammers either.
  16. Apple's iPhones are not safe

Don't think I've ever heard of Panda either, but if they're for Apple devices then that's no surprise.
  17. Apple's iPhones are not safe

Have you ever heard of Panda Security before? Man, let me tell you that Panda is probably the only security company out there that offers a free online virus scanning (former known as PandaActiveScan) and Panda have existed for more than 20 years. Back in the late 90's, around 1998 or 1999, I used Panda Titanum and Sygate (not Panda and that's a good firewall) without having a single virus attack.
  18. Apple's iPhones are not safe

Apple released an update that addresses the issue a couple of days ago.
  19. Apple's iPhones are not safe

I don’t believe that article. It’s basically an ad for their anti-virus software, which I’ve never heard of. Be careful when sites don’t state facts or list references. Those are the first signs of fake news.
  20. I had just read the security bulletin Panda Security share with it users and this time it is about Apple's iPhone. https://www.pandasecurity.com/mediacenter/news/google-iphones-hacked/
  21. Jeremy Soule Rape Accusations

You think that's bad? There's no statute of limitation on any crime here - there's some of contract law - but nothing that comes before a criminal caught. Stole a twinky 90 years ago? Tough break if you get caught, granddad.
  22. Jeremy Soule Rape Accusations

Yep. In reality, the police wouldn’t bother. We had our first car stolen and the police didn’t even bother investigating. It was a shit box and I was actually glad it was gone. The cops are usually after high-end theft rings. Depending on the size and sophistication of the ring, it can take several years to track them down and gather evidence, but quite a few have been caught. Being able to take the time to investigate and make a case ensures prosecution.
  23. Jeremy Soule Rape Accusations

Murder, rape, and kidnapping I can understand, but good lord, you mean I could steal your car and get prosecuted for it 70 years later if I got caught?
  24. Jeremy Soule Rape Accusations

I mentioned the Statute of Limitations in one of my previous posts. I also said that Jeremy could counter with a libel suit. There is no Statute of Limitations in Canada on indictable crimes like murder, rape, kidnapping and major theft (over $5000).
  25. Jeremy Soule Rape Accusations

Canada.
  26. Jeremy Soule Rape Accusations

Ok, 11 years ago in which state? Cause apparently the 50 states couldn't agree on the limitation so they all seem to have defined that on their own.
  1. Load more activity