Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • AndalayBay

      Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

      I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!

Melchior Dahrk

Members
  • Content count

    31
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

Melchior Dahrk last won the day on May 22

Melchior Dahrk had the most liked content!

About Melchior Dahrk

  • Rank
    Krill

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  • Location
    Outer Realms
  • Interests
    Modding, Gaming
  1. [RELz] Glow in the Dahrk

     by Melchior Dahrk & NullCascade Download This is a modern, pluginless replacement of the old Windows Glow mods. Windows Glow (WG) suffered from every mod needing a patch to work with it. Glow in the Dahrk (GITD) handles this automatically through the meshes themselves with a powerful Lua code by NullCascade which can switch the visible portion of meshes (NIFs) on the fly. With this feature, any mod using the vanilla window NIFs will automatically switch to a glowing version at night. In addition, WG forced players to use the textures it provided which didn't always match their texture replacer of choice. Glow in the Dahrk accomplishes a subtle glow on the windows without needing to replace the vanilla textures; so players can use vanilla or a texture replacer of their choice! [youtube]1nAqUPxbQ2M[/youtube]  Vanilla windows transition to glowing versions at night Automatic compatibility with any mods using the meshes included with this mod (no patches required!) Hlaalu, Telvanni, Redoran, Velothi, Mournhold, Skaal, Imperial Fort, and Imperial Common sets all now have a nighttime glow for windows. Supports vanilla textures and texture replacers for windows (choose your own look!) A more natural, muted glow at night rather than the bright, garish design of the old Windows Glow Smooth pulsing light effect for all windows Transition to nighttime/daytime models is staggered for a more natural experience Includes daylight glow on interior windows Support for any static objects to be made to transition to nighttime versions Pluginless and patch-free alternative to "Windows Glow"  This mod uses the alpha and thus experimental and not necessarily stable 2.1-branch of MWSE, currently in development. By using this mod, you're basically asking to be a tester! If you encounter any issues please post a report, ideally on the MWSE bug tracker. You can download the latest nightly build from the link below. This this mod requires Morrowind Graphic Extender (MGE-XE) version 0.10.1. Older versions will not work with MWSE 2.0+! Additionally, it will require the latest nightly build of MWSE 2.1. MGE XE version 0.10.1 fixes a bug where meshes containing NiSwitchNode will cause the Distant Land generator to crash. Lastly, be sure to deactivate/uninstall all Windows Glow mods/patches. They may overwrite the meshes used by this mod. Plugin patches for every single mod are a thing of the past with Glow in the Dahrk! Now all that is required is for a mesh (window or otherwise) to be updated into the GITD format and it will automatically update at night and in the morning while the code from this mod is installed. It is a relatively simple process for modders with experience with Nifskope to make non-vanilla meshes compatible with this mod. This script can make any static model in the game switch to a nighttime version - not just windows. The optional download: "Mesh Converter Scripts and Instructions" can be used to patch other meshes to work with this (such as new windows from Province mods or Unique City mods).  NullCascade again for not only making the code used by this mod, but also for continuing to develop MWSE into the Lua-based powerhouse it has become Greatness7 for the code used to accelerate the mesh creation Hrnchamd for quickly releasing a fix to MGE XE to let this mod work properly Siberian Crab for the basic glow texture from which I designed the others Morrowind Modding Discord for extensive playtesting and feedback as this mod was developed
  2. Melchior's Magnificent Manuscripts

    Version 1.1

    7 downloads

     This mod is primarily a model replacer for the book models in the game. But it also includes the scroll models which -in vanilla- use the tx_book_edge_01 and tx_book_edge_02 textures for the parchment which tend to look odd with texture replacers. So the scrolls now point to a new parchment texture added by this mod.This mod does not add excessively high poly models. They are smoothed enough to noticeably curb the sharp edges you see on vanilla books but not so much as to look weird or cause performance issues in large numbers.  This mod is recommended to be used with Arukinn's Better Books and Scrolls (https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43100). But it can be used with other texture replacers such as Connary's Illuminated Books (http://mw.modhistory.com/download-56-6038) or Illy's Dirty Books (http://download.fliggerty.com/download-11-715), but you may find that UVs aren't aligned quite as well or that paper colors don't match up as well (especially on open books).If you use Book Jackets, install the included patch. This is actually a mesh optimizer for Book Jackets as well as giving them the improved geometry since the original meshes included unnecessary animations on every book. Book Jackets - Morrowind Book Jackets - Tribunal Book Jackets - Bloodmoon Note: the vanilla game has a large number of misplaced books; please verify that any placement issues are not present in the base game before reporting them on this mod. I have tried to match these book models as closely as possible to the vanilla book meshes.- Melchior Dahrk   
  3. [RELz] Melchior's Magnificent Manuscripts

    Melchior's Magnificent Manuscripts View File  This mod is primarily a model replacer for the book models in the game. But it also includes the scroll models which -in vanilla- use the tx_book_edge_01 and tx_book_edge_02 textures for the parchment which tend to look odd with texture replacers. So the scrolls now point to a new parchment texture added by this mod.This mod does not add excessively high poly models. They are smoothed enough to noticeably curb the sharp edges you see on vanilla books but not so much as to look weird or cause performance issues in large numbers.  This mod is recommended to be used with Arukinn's Better Books and Scrolls (https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43100). But it can be used with other texture replacers such as Connary's Illuminated Books (http://mw.modhistory.com/download-56-6038) or Illy's Dirty Books (http://download.fliggerty.com/download-11-715), but you may find that UVs aren't aligned quite as well or that paper colors don't match up as well (especially on open books).If you use Book Jackets, install the included patch. This is actually a mesh optimizer for Book Jackets as well as giving them the improved geometry since the original meshes included unnecessary animations on every book. Book Jackets - Morrowind Book Jackets - Tribunal Book Jackets - Bloodmoon Note: the vanilla game has a large number of misplaced books; please verify that any placement issues are not present in the base game before reporting them on this mod. I have tried to match these book models as closely as possible to the vanilla book meshes.- Melchior Dahrk    Submitter Melchior Dahrk Submitted 06/05/2018 Category Cosmetic  
  4. Mage Robes

    Version 1.30

    23 downloads

    by Melchior Dahrk  These robes were originally made for my Lyithdonea project, but I decided to release them as a standalone mod for Modathon 2018. The concept behind the mod is to provide both an immersive experience by giving a uniform to mages guild members as well as to improve gameplay by providing a useful alternative to armor for mages; such as is offered in Skyrim. Many Mages Guild members will now wear the new robes. 19 mage robe variants A robe for every magic school with Novice and Master variants Generic robes for Novice, Master, and Arch-Mage Toggle the hood on or off for every robe New quest and dungeon with unique loot to acquire the Arch-Mage's Robe Mage robes added to vanilla NPCs via script for immersion Obtain mage robes as rewards for vanilla quests and achieving rank milestones Purchase mage robes from Guild Provisioner NPC (rank/skill requirements) Maximum compatibility (no vanilla NPCs or dialogue are edited by the mod) Mage robes have magicka fortifying enchantments to provide utility for magic user gameplay Meet a quirky new companion character on your quest for the Arch-Mage's robe Add-Ons for several mods are included in the download PSDs included in separate download as a Modder's Resource To toggle your hood, drop the robe and pick it back up. A message will appear giving you the option to use/remove your hood. Robe quality: Novice Robes Fortify Maximum Magicka 0.2x Intelligence and Fortify their respective skills by 10 points, constant effect. Master Robes Fortify Maximum Macgicka 0.5x Intelligence and Fortify their respective skills by 20 points, constant effect. As stated above, the goal for this mod is to provide magic users with a viable alternative to using armor. Now instead of Armor Rating, mages can rely on enhanced magicka pools for casting. This mod stands well on its own but would pair well with a mod that rewards mages for using unarmored (see Recommendations section below). Generic robes: After you join the mages guild, talk to the Wizard of the Guildhall (who you joined with) about "member of the mages guild" to receive your generic novice robes. Once you are a wizard, you can talk to any other wizard about "member of the mages guild" again to receive your Master Robes. Purchased robes: After you become at least a Journeyman, you can talk to the new provisioner NPC in the Caldera Guild of Mages to purchase novice robes for each school. Once you are a wizard, you can purchase master robes from the provisioner. You must have a skill level of 20 in each school to purchase novice robes and 70 to purchase master robes. Quest rewards: Each of the Mages Guild questgivers will give the player a set of robes once they reach a certain level in their quests. Be sure to look for new topics to make sure you receive your robes (see spoiler section for details). This includes: Ajira (Balmora), Ranis Athrys (Balmora), Edwinna Elbert (Ald'ruhn), Skink-in-Tree's-Shade (Wolverine Hall). Finally, Trebonius has a quest for the player to recover the Arch-Mage's robe (if Trebonius is dead, talk to Flacassia Fauseius -Vivec Guild Guide- after becoming Arch-Mage).  Mage Robes - The Hostiles.ESP : if you use TrevorDemented's The Hostiles, this plugin will add the new mage robes to leveled the leveled lists used by the mod. Need to merge leveled lists. Mage Robes - Starfires NPC Additions.ESP : if you use Starfire's NPC Additions, this plugin will add the new mage robes to the leveled lists used by the mod. Need to merge leveled lists. Mage Robes - Dagon Fel Mages Guild.ESP : if you use half11's Full-fledged Dagon Fel Mages Guild, this plugin will add the new mage robes to the NPCs in the Dagon Fel Guild of Mages interior. Mage Robes - Vivec Guild of Mages Expansion.ESP : if you use Mordaxis' Vivec Guild of Mages Expansion, this plugin will add the new mage robes to the new NPCs in the Vivec Guild of Mages interior. 
  5. [RELz] Mage Robes

    Mage Robes View File by Melchior Dahrk  These robes were originally made for my Lyithdonea project, but I decided to release them as a standalone mod for Modathon 2018. The concept behind the mod is to provide both an immersive experience by giving a uniform to mages guild members as well as to improve gameplay by providing a useful alternative to armor for mages; such as is offered in Skyrim. Many Mages Guild members will now wear the new robes. 19 mage robe variants A robe for every magic school with Novice and Master variants Generic robes for Novice, Master, and Arch-Mage Toggle the hood on or off for every robe New quest and dungeon with unique loot to acquire the Arch-Mage's Robe Mage robes added to vanilla NPCs via script for immersion Obtain mage robes as rewards for vanilla quests and achieving rank milestones Purchase mage robes from Guild Provisioner NPC (rank/skill requirements) Maximum compatibility (no vanilla NPCs or dialogue are edited by the mod) Mage robes have magicka fortifying enchantments to provide utility for magic user gameplay Meet a quirky new companion character on your quest for the Arch-Mage's robe Add-Ons for several mods are included in the download PSDs included in separate download as a Modder's Resource To toggle your hood, drop the robe and pick it back up. A message will appear giving you the option to use/remove your hood. Robe quality: Novice Robes Fortify Maximum Magicka 0.2x Intelligence and Fortify their respective skills by 10 points, constant effect. Master Robes Fortify Maximum Macgicka 0.5x Intelligence and Fortify their respective skills by 20 points, constant effect. As stated above, the goal for this mod is to provide magic users with a viable alternative to using armor. Now instead of Armor Rating, mages can rely on enhanced magicka pools for casting. This mod stands well on its own but would pair well with a mod that rewards mages for using unarmored (see Recommendations section below). Generic robes: After you join the mages guild, talk to the Wizard of the Guildhall (who you joined with) about "member of the mages guild" to receive your generic novice robes. Once you are a wizard, you can talk to any other wizard about "member of the mages guild" again to receive your Master Robes. Purchased robes: After you become at least a Journeyman, you can talk to the new provisioner NPC in the Caldera Guild of Mages to purchase novice robes for each school. Once you are a wizard, you can purchase master robes from the provisioner. You must have a skill level of 20 in each school to purchase novice robes and 70 to purchase master robes. Quest rewards: Each of the Mages Guild questgivers will give the player a set of robes once they reach a certain level in their quests. Be sure to look for new topics to make sure you receive your robes (see spoiler section for details). This includes: Ajira (Balmora), Ranis Athrys (Balmora), Edwinna Elbert (Ald'ruhn), Skink-in-Tree's-Shade (Wolverine Hall). Finally, Trebonius has a quest for the player to recover the Arch-Mage's robe (if Trebonius is dead, talk to Flacassia Fauseius -Vivec Guild Guide- after becoming Arch-Mage).  Mage Robes - The Hostiles.ESP : if you use TrevorDemented's The Hostiles, this plugin will add the new mage robes to leveled the leveled lists used by the mod. Need to merge leveled lists. Mage Robes - Starfires NPC Additions.ESP : if you use Starfire's NPC Additions, this plugin will add the new mage robes to the leveled lists used by the mod. Need to merge leveled lists. Mage Robes - Dagon Fel Mages Guild.ESP : if you use half11's Full-fledged Dagon Fel Mages Guild, this plugin will add the new mage robes to the NPCs in the Dagon Fel Guild of Mages interior. Mage Robes - Vivec Guild of Mages Expansion.ESP : if you use Mordaxis' Vivec Guild of Mages Expansion, this plugin will add the new mage robes to the new NPCs in the Vivec Guild of Mages interior.  Submitter Melchior Dahrk Submitted 06/02/2018 Category Clothing, Weapons, and Armor  
  6. Uniformity Mods for MW: Gameplay vs. Text

    List has been updated with a few new items. See change log in main post.
  7. [RELz] Better Dwarven Spectres - Mer and Maidens Edition

    Thanks, Leo!
  8. Better Dwarven Spectres - Mer and Maidens Edition View File This mod adds the long desired female Dwarven Spectre to the leveled lists and replaces one unique spectre with the new model. In addition, thanks to Moranar, this mod is also a BB conversion of the original Dwarven Spectre. And in addition to THAT, the mod also adds the Dwarven Robe worn by the spectres as a random drop from them; complete with male and female versions (just ignore all that sticky ectoplasm). The mod includes 4 different versions: If you want a 75% chance for male spectres and 25% chance for female, install "Dwarven Spectres BB + Fem.esp" If you want a 50% chance for male spectres and 50% chance for female, install "Dwarven Spectres BB + Fem (50-50).esp" If you want a 75% chance for male spectres and 25% chance for female, and for them all to be renamed to "Dwemer Spectres", install "Dwemer Spectres BB + Fem.esp" If you want a 50% chance for male spectres and 50% chance for female, and for them all to be renamed to "Dwemer Spectres", install "Dwemer Spectres BB + Fem (50-50).esp" Enjoy the mod! Submitter Melchior Dahrk Submitted 05/02/2018 Category Cosmetic  
  9. Version 1.00

    8 downloads

    This mod adds the long desired female Dwarven Spectre to the leveled lists and replaces one unique spectre with the new model. In addition, thanks to Moranar, this mod is also a BB conversion of the original Dwarven Spectre. And in addition to THAT, the mod also adds the Dwarven Robe worn by the spectres as a random drop from them; complete with male and female versions (just ignore all that sticky ectoplasm). The mod includes 4 different versions: If you want a 75% chance for male spectres and 25% chance for female, install "Dwarven Spectres BB + Fem.esp" If you want a 50% chance for male spectres and 50% chance for female, install "Dwarven Spectres BB + Fem (50-50).esp" If you want a 75% chance for male spectres and 25% chance for female, and for them all to be renamed to "Dwemer Spectres", install "Dwemer Spectres BB + Fem.esp" If you want a 50% chance for male spectres and 50% chance for female, and for them all to be renamed to "Dwemer Spectres", install "Dwemer Spectres BB + Fem (50-50).esp" Enjoy the mod!
  10. Uniformity Mods for MW: Gameplay vs. Text

    First update for a while: Items C-027, C-040, C-041, C-042, E-012, E-019, and E-030. Thanks to Corsair83 and Lucevar for the mods!
  11. [RELz] The Complete Guide Lite

    A very comprehensive guide. Thanks for making it accessible!
  12. Need some advice on a collaboration

    Since this forum is so quiet right now and this is still on the first page, I don't think this counts as thread necromancy to post in, lol. I agree with EK. I haven't seen Praedator in quite some time (I hope he's alright). If you have a WIP copy of the Balmora project that you both were collaborating on, I would say to go ahead and take it over. Of course, if Praedator were ever to return, things would be worked out.
  13. [RELz] Ancient Foes

    I had a lot of fun playing through this quest. Very well executed with both design and dialogue, Darkelfguy. Good to see you still being able to find some time for modding!
  14. [WIP] No N'wah Allowed - a Gameplay Mod Series

    Yeah, I think I'll get used to this structure. I'm following both forums now, so I should get notifications of new posts here which will remind me to check. And I think offering projects their own forums is great for you to do on the site!
  15. [WIP] No N'wah Allowed - a Gameplay Mod Series

    Is there anyway to have a link from the Morrowind sub-forum to the Morrowind Projects sub-forum? Maybe I'm too set in my ways, but having Modding and Modding Projects spatially separated in completely different parts of the forum isn't intuitive for me. I know I'll forget to check this forum. Maybe it'd be like how there is a link to the Morrowind Modding Wiki in the Morrowind sub-forum? edit: on the other hand, it was always difficult to track down WIP threads on the Bethesda forums. So maybe this would be a plus. It would just be nice to have them more connected somehow I think. So people can see where to find the projects if they fail to explore the forum structure.
×