• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Elec0

Two Planeswalkers, a Rat, and a Homunculus

OOC: ...Walk out of a bar. XD

Nobody tell Ixa I called her a rat, she'd squish me.

Volo stepped through the door into his lab, which was a very large building full of as many different kind of magical and mundane apparati as you can think of. The atmosphere was one of science, there were many different smells and sights, ranging from gunpowder to sunflowers, or glowing words floating in midair to smithies.

There were also quite a number of various beings working around the lab, some had physical bodies and some didn't. Most of them looked like floating miniature humanoids with six arms.

Volo rubbed his hands together, "Ah, it feels good to be home."

OOC: And I just realized we basically have a team (a five-man band if you count the golem) of semi-amoral scientists. This won't end well. :D

"It...does look like a proper laboratory," Ixa said, somewhat begrudgingly.

OOC: Oh dear. This should be fun. :devil3:

"What did you expect, a tiny hovel with a few alchemical apparati?" Volo asked her, as a small construct came floating over. He tapped it and it unfolded, showing large amounts of words and numbers in a foreign language. After a moment of reading he tapped on the construct a few more times, changing some numbers, then dismissed it. "You might be interested in that room over there," he said, gesturing to a very large door. "It's where I keep my large constructs including my golems."

Guest Lucien

Black Anaconda stepped through the door into his lab and spoke to Volo, "Quite impressive! It's almost as big as my alchemical laboratory! Now, I do expect the grand tour, if you'd be so kind Mr. Volo!" Black Anaconda gave a big cheesy smile.

OOC: Did we all IC'ly introduce ourselves? I forgot ><

OOC: Yes, I believe we did, although I might be wrong..

Volo grinned at Black Anaconda, "But of course. If you all would follow me, I shall show you around. At the moment, we are in the general purpose section of my lab, this is where I perform experiments of many different origins, or experiments that require many different sections of science or magic. For example, one of my current experiments is determining whether prolonged necromancy spellcasting affects things like alchemy or other schools of magic. Obviously the sections are warded so nothing can interfere with the experiments. Another ongoing project of mine is this," he gestured at a large, scaffolding-looking bit of glowing words and formulas. "I'm trying to perfect a way to completely isolate a type of people, animal, bloodline, magic school or any number of traits and identify, track, contain, or even destroy it."

The room changed in the instant they stepped out of the inn, the air was acrid and dry; the room was cold, with tables loaded in different apparati, for a moment Pride thought he was back in Father's Chamber, but no.. the air felt different. Lighter. He stepped further in, his face a mask of excitement and curiousity though he was examining things ever so closely. Noting the particular assortment of vials, and alembics...

Piping up however, he says: "This is so -cool-!"

Volo scratched his head, "Can you put it back together? If not, I can give you stuff that I don't care about anymore."

OOC: I'm going to bed soon.

Edited by Elec0

Pride wandered around quite aimlessly, glancing at each item.. each tool, creation.. and servant. There was little difference between the set-up here, and that of Father's but.. there were some tools that seemed swapped in location where others seemed out of place. The lab itself was expansive.. he knew he wouldn't be able to examine everything so.. openly.

Glancing between his 'companions', he made sure none of them were paying much mind to him. Slowly, Pride began extending his shadows from beneath his feet; the tendrils, snaking around the corners of each table, and every nook and cranny within his reach. In various places, he opened his eyes enough to get a decent look of the area before quickly closing them. There was little he missed, and what was unimportant.. he overlooked, focusing more on the equipment and the 'projects'...

Hmm... he thought, clearly making himself look intrigued at a particular set of test-tubes. So..different.. yet.. interestingly similar.. It would seem that even in most planes.. alchemy itself in it's bare essentials doesn't seem to change from world to world..

Guest Lucien

Black Anaconda raised an eyebrow at Volo upon mention of the trait identification. "Trait identification, eh? Why, it's simple geometrics, boy!" Black pulled out his briefcase and set it on a nearby table. After flipping it open, he pulled a sort of tiny lever on the interior, causing what looked like pages of phials and bottles to flip through the briefcase. "Here! Drink this!" Black handed Volo a phial of what almost looked like magma. The bottle was warm to the touch, the warmth of a calming summer breeze, but on the inside, looked as if had been extracted from the bowels of an active volcano. "This little concoction here will boost ANYTHING fire related as part of your being. Whether it be your innate resistance to heat and flame, or the act of a streaming gout of fire projecting from your hands, and it has a hint of strawberry to boot! Well, try it out!" Black seemed very confident, very learned in his craft.

Edited by Lucien

Volo raised an eyebrow to being called a boy, but drank a sip of the potion anyway. "Hmm." He snapped his fingers and a ball of fire appeared, looking larger and brighter than usual.

"Impressive indeed. Where did you learn to make such potions?"

Addressing Ixa, "In that case, here, take a look at this if you like." He whistled and a construct flew over carrying a cube that looked like it was made of pure turquoise words, all meshed together. "See if you can figure out what it does, I don't care what you do with it."

OOC: I dunno what it does, by the way. Have fun. ;)

And yup, I'm off to bed for tonight.

Guest Lucien

Black looked at Volo. "Let's just say.." in a whisper he continued, "Lich Volo, that I have been practicing alchemy for... many.. many.. years." Black pulled back and had a large, toothy grin once more. "But the fact is, you are indeed the FIRST person to ever want to manipulate the DEAD! But if all goes well, I know JUST the thing. That is, if we can get the ingredients."

OOC: Gah...the wind, it awakens me. *fixes a drink, puts up feet, pulls out knitting* I'm just gonna pretend I don't have three babies and a cat to watch tomorrow. *sigh*

For now, Ixa will be Ixa.

With a sigh, the little Asura mumbled, "Always, they forget about the ears," before rummaging through her pack. Pulling out an odd instrument, she motioned to the construct. "Come on. I want some peace and quiet for this."

The construct followed her and the golem obediently through the large doorway Volo had motioned at earlier. Once she'd found and indicated what looked like an appropriate corner, she jumped to the ground, slipped her goggles back on, and pointed at the mostly empty table she'd found. "Just put it over there."

Once the odd cube was safely out of the constructs grasp, Ixa stepped forward and pressed the instrument she was holding to the thing's back. It stiffened, flailed, then dropped to the ground with a - thankfully barely heard over the din of the laboratory - clatter.

"A puzzle cube!" she complained out loud as she rolled the thing over. "I'm a golemancer, and he gives me a simple puzzle cube! You, my friend, are far more in my line of work." Pursing her lips, she glanced at the cube. A moment of deliberation later, and it was stowed neatly away in her pack. "Not that I won't be looking at that."

Ixa glanced over her shoulder. Thus far, there'd been no reaction, but if this man was any kind of decent scientist, he had his lab rigged to detect any and all intruders. Well, if he even cared, she reflected, pulling on her gloves. He'd let them all in - willingly. That meant he was either very good, or very stupid. But he'd never met an Asura before.

"Well then," she said brightly, unrolling her tools. "Let's see what you're made of!"

OOC: And I'm envisioning her standing there, dressed like Dr. Horrible, with a screwdriver in one hand and a power drill in the other, giggling.

...that's probably not far off from the truth.

Volo rolled his eyes at Black as he watched Ixa walk away, "Indeed, you obviously understand my interest in the matter. How fresh do you need the human flesh to be?"

A few moments after Ixa walked out of the room, Volo looked sideways at something only he could see and smiled slightly.

Guest Lucien

"I'll let you in on the secrets to my alchemical prowess in time, Volo. But for now... I will need a large chunk, preferably cut in a way where the epidermis, dermis, and subcutaneous layers of the skin are clearly visible. Moderate fat is preferred."

EDIT & OOC: I've changed my profile picture to better reflect my character...... :devil3:

Edited by Lucien

"I look forward to it. Very well, presuming you want fresh flesh, would you like to make the cuts yourself? I have a few...specimens that would probably be suitable."

Guest Lucien

"Why that would be stupendous! Lead the way, if you may!"

"Excellent! Selim, we'll be right back. Feel free to poke around, just be careful what you touch." Volo clapped his hands and he and Black disappeared.

They appeared in a dungeon-looking room with a goodly number of cells, and most of the cells were filled with humans, both male and female. The prisoners weren't emaciated, as one might expect, most of them had a decent bit of fat on them.

"Here is where I keep my specimens to perform tests on. They're all in fairly decent health. If you need them you'll find torture tools or knives over there," he said, gesturing towards a table with various torture equipment on it. "They can't hear or see us out here, by the way."

It was clear to Pride now, that neither Volo nor this.. Black Anaconda were all that they seemed. His search came up empty, though, he did notice there was no bed, nor anything that would hold food. This didn't prove much, but it was a start..the servants seemed rather odd as well. He'd need to watch this one closely, both of them for that matter.

Retracting his shadows, he caught a glimpse at the rat creature, but gave her little interest. A filthy chimera-creature like her, would prove more a hinderance then a use. He did notice her clear disdain for humans, but it did little to help her situation. He played to the common childish antics, picking up somthing from one of the tables to look at it.

"Cool." he said, examining a jar filled with a translucent blue substance. "Whats in here?"

Guest Lucien

"Hmm... Like livestock at a market." Black said as he patrolled the cells. "Let's see. What about this one, here?" Black stopped before a strong looking man, shackled to the wall within his cell. "Looks like he has a bit of fight in him."

"Indeed, it looks that way." Volo drew a symbol in the air and spoke a few words and the man stiffened. "He's paralyzed for now. Would you like do to obtain the ingredient, as you know exactly what you need?"

Guest Lucien

"It would be my pleasure, actually." Black set his briefcase on the floor and pulled out a sort of dark green looking mixture. "Stops blood flow. Less messy. Now if you'd be so kind?" He pointed towards the cage door.

Guest Lucien

OOC: Sorry, just discovered the Dr. Who series and I have to watch it all.. it's taking up most of my time now. ><

Black nonchalantly stepped into the cell, slowly approaching the frozen victim. He stopped just before the man, taking the solution and pouring it down the man's throat. Black stood there for a few minutes to let the solution run it's course, then proceeded to retrieve a scalpel from the various torture devices located nearby. He stopped a moment, looking at his reflection in the brilliantly shining scalpel, as if lost in thought.

He entered the cell again, approaching the man. Without hesitation, he began to purge the scalpel into the man's abdomen, cutting out a 6"x6" chunk of the man's flesh. Slowly Black worked, seemingly enjoying the cuts, as if he were a careful artist painting a masterpiece. Black made the final incision, no blood spilling at all due to his concoction. Black gently pressed his hands into the wound evenly, extracting the sample ever so carefully. The flesh sample seemed to remain in a perfect square, not a drop of blood, not a scrap of flesh leaving the sample. Black admired his work for a moment, taking into account the perfection of his incisions. He muttered a word under his breath, barely noticeable as "Beautiful.", he nodded his head in the direction of Volo without taking his eyes off of the sample for a moment. "Wound you mind opening my briefcase? You'll find a large, sealed dish within just about the size of the sample. Bring it to me, if you would please."

Sign in to follow this