• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Elec0

Two Planeswalkers, a Rat, and a Homunculus

OOC: You're in good company to say the least. :P

Volo snapped his fingers and Black's briefcase opened and the sealed container floated out and came to rest in front of Black.

Guest Lucien

OOC: HOLY BALLS! SEASON 2 FINALE! ...Ehem...

Black carefully placed the sample into the container, closed the lid, grabbed it, and placed it into his jacket pocket. "Right then! Shall we check on the others now?"

OOC: Crazy scientists.. they don't even notice the not-child touching the possibly dangerous chemicals. XD

Pride shook the blue-substance filled jar, eyeing it with faint curiosity. He knew the substance, at least he assumed it was what he thought it was; but there was little to do save watch and wait. Something he was far too used too, with a faint frown he sets the jar down back where he found it and moves on over towards a bookcase he spotted earlier.

"Hm.." he mused, then with a child-like fashion he looked in the direction of Volo and Black, shouting towards them: "Mr. Volo? Can I read one of your books?"

OOC: They kind of teleported away, actually.

"Yes indeed." Volo clapped his hands again and they were back in the main lab room. "If you'd like to, Selim, sure. Although we do have the ingredient we came here for."

"Already?" Selim frowned, turning away from the bookcase now. That was fine, Pride thought, he wanted to learn more about these two in a more constructive manner. "Okay.."

"Riveting," she called back absently from where she sat, surrounded by a multitude of odd-looking parts and several terrified constructs. "I'm rather busy at the moment."

Guest Lucien

"Ha! Asurans do know how to tinker. I could do with more of a tour while we wait for our friend, if you wouldn't mind Volo."

Volo chuckled, "Try to leave me enough constructs to maintain my experiments, please. And certainly. If you'll follow me." Volo walked through a door which led to a room full of weapons and armor of all kinds. "They're all enchanted, in case anyone needs a weapon. These have my favorite enchantments on them, they can do everything from kill dragons to make whoever you hit dance like a chicken while you lop their limbs off."

Guest Lucien

Black laughed a hearty laugh while Volo showed him his enchanted items. "It's quite alright. I have potions for that kind of stuff. Very useful, however, these magic items."

Pride followed but he had very little use for human weapons, though to take one would keep him from needing to use his shadows, and thus allow him to play the part of a innocent for a little longer. He did however, glance over a few of the weapons, the knives, the daggers, swords, and what not. They were beneath him. He looked around with wild curiosity and amazement in his eyes.

"So cool!"

Volo stuck his hand in his pouch for a moment, the grunted softly. "Indeed, they are quite useful, especially because potions are an exhaustible resource, whereas the enchantments last for a very long time."

"I prefer my weapons to move on their own," Ixa called as she levered up a metal plate, studied it for a moment through her goggles, and then tossed it into the growing pile beside her. "I doubt you have anything that would work for an Asura, anyway."

Volo picked up a small, sleek dagger and tossed it to Ixa. "Snap your fingers. It'll levitate and follow your thoughts for direction. It has a twenty foot range, though."

Pride couldn't help but snicker faintly at the clear arrogance that the rat creature held, it was amusing to see such a filthy creature have such pride in their own insigificant exsistance. It was almost adorable. Though neither of them would ever match the clear superiority of a Humonculus, like himself. He watched the exchange back and forth with interest before finally speaking.

"My mother always says that if you're offered something it'd be impolite not to accept it.." Selim said, with a matter-of-fact. "..but I don't think she meant weapons.." he adds on after a pause.

Volo frowned at Ixa, then reached out and grabbed her head between his hands. After a moment of memory searching he let go and stepped back. He spoke five words and drew a symbol in the air. There was a crack and an Asuran dagger was hovering between them. He spoke more words and drew two circles around the daggers, then clapped his hands. The enchanted dagger disintegrated.

"There. Now your Asuran dagger has my enchantment on it."

OOC: He's totally strong enough to ward off her attempts to get out of his grasp, by the way. :P

Sign in to follow this