• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Elec0

Two Planeswalkers, a Rat, and a Homunculus

OOC: You guys know my name. XD At least, Volo and Black do. I don't think Ixa cares too much, as far as she's concerned I'm a liability and annoyance. XD

Selim glanced between both Black and Volo as they introduced, but said nothing. They all knew his name, or figured it out at least.. though none of them knew his true name.. and he wanted to keep it that way for at least a little longer.

Piping up, he says "Black Anaconda? That's a weird name.."

Guest Lucien

"Well it's what they call me, child. Been called that a long time." He glanced up as if thinking about the origin of his name. This of course wasn't his real name. But no one has spoken Black's real name in over 800 years.

Guest Lucien

Black turned back around to face the door and placed a hand on the handle. "I'll tell you when you're older." He opened the door, and in came a burst of chilling wind. The ice plane was before them, in all of its chilling glory. Black was the first to step through. He stopped, waiting for the others, and took in a long deep breath. "Ah! The fresh winter's breeze! Well, I gu ess it's always winter here, isn't it!"

"Gah." Ixa scrambled in her pack and pulled out a hat, shoving it down over her ears. "Of course it's windy. The cold isn't quite enough, is it? Golem? Heat."

"*YES MIS-TRESS*"

She glared down at the men. "Don't you smirk. You don't have windsails attached to your head."

OOC: Okay, much work today, won't post again until tonight. *scurries off*

Guest Lucien

Black let out a boisterous guffaw. " Right you are, Asuran! Now, the problem we have at hand, gentlemen and lady, is finding a way to extract the life essence of a creature made entirely of ice without melting it. Ideas, then?" He looked around at the group expectantly.

Guest Lucien

Black listened to both suggestions in turn. "The Asuran is right. We needn't kill someone for a simple sample. But on the other hand.. I'm not entirely sure if an ice genasi would let us walk up and take some of it's lifeblood."

"..Couldn't we just ask for it?" Selim piped up, shfiting faintly in the snowy landscape. The wind and snow reminded him of Briggs fortress, the howling sound and the crunching snow beneath his feet. Pride wished he had at least some form of jacket at least, but the weather was more an annoyance then anything.

Guest Lucien

"What a splendid idea child! Would you do the honors of asking a savage ice monster to hand over their lifeblood willingly?" From what is known of Black, one could not honestly tell if he was being sarcastic. It was almost creepy how serious he was. Wait, is he serious? Black looked at Selim expectantly for an answer.

OOC: I was under the impression that Ice Genasi weren't entirely savage or evil...At least, the Genasi in Neverwinter Nights II aren't all evil.

Guest Lucien

OOC: Where we are they are *scheming evil genius pyramid hands and cackle*

OOC: You just want him to reveal himself. ;)

Selim blinked, "..Savage?" he squeaked, eyes wide. As much as it annoyed him to show even the slightest of false fear there was little point in putting himself in unneeded danger. He was here simply to observe, and learn.. to find out if these inferior creatures could make worthy sacrifices. Pride wasn't about to fall for this man's trick.

Edited by Onasaki

"Simple," Ixa said. "You just have to prove that you're bigger and scarier. Or knock them senseless if they're not intelligent enough to be cowed. That works, too."

Guest Lucien

Black laughed a bit, "Usually they are not savage, child. I was simply jesting. Now comes the hard part... Searching through ice to find ice." Black began to walk, looking around left and right every now and again.

"If they're magical creatures..." Ixa pulled down her goggles and touched a switch. They hummed. "I can pick up magical fields. Most living beings have them."

"And I can see most auras, and I might be able to find them with a tracking spell, although them being ice in such an icy place it might not work."

Aura reading.. magical signatures.. Pride froze, eyeing his companions a bit closer now from the cover of a childlike curiosity. Was it true? Could they sense these things, in the way the Xingese could? He wrinkled his nose some, I underestimated them.. he thought, Interesting... if they can sense these things, I'm surprised they haven't brought it up before.. or even made comment to my true nature..Are they that blind? Or..

He paused in thought, there was something larger in this.. he knew it. These insignificant creatures had much larger plans, if they hadn't brought up that he himself wasn't entirely human, despite how disgusting that comparison was.. Then they were planning something. He glanced between the two men, Anaconda, and Volo, those two would be valuable sacrifices. Their alchemical prowess was a sign of that, what's more is that both of them, may have already seen the Truth.

The rat, while useful in her own ways.. may need to be disposed of. While she may prove useful, her clear stubbornness and chimera-like features, Father would be less then inclined in using her. Though she may play a part yet. Pride needed a plan, something.. that isn't too sudden, but at the same time not take too much longer. He would need to reveal himself, but the question was.. when. He felt he'd know the right time.. he always did. If they already knew, then it was only a matter of time before they hinted at it more openly...

He took in a breath, and let it out quietly, as to not draw attention to himself. If they noticed he was acting differently, their suspicions would be immediately confirmed and Pride didn't want that. Not yet. It was too soon.

Piping up finally, Selim offered some childlike wisdom: "...Do they have houses? Or places they hide more then others?"

Sign in to follow this