• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Elec0

Two Planeswalkers, a Rat, and a Homunculus

Guest Lucien

Black made a sort of *tsk tsk tsk* noise looking at all three of them. "The ice genasi are a race of people, no more magical than a human. Yes they are made of ice, but having an element bound inside of your genetic make up does not make you magical. I also doubt very seriously we could track them with spells in their own habitat, and as for dwellings... It would look just like any other settlement." After a short pause Black wore a big smile and said "See! This is how things get fun! Come one, more ideas, more ideas!"

Ixa sighed and tapped her goggles again. "Humans have magical fields too, you know. So these...genesai will have them, too. Alternately, I have the theory of let you play your little game and catch your toys, and I'll go back and do something interesting."

Guest Lucien

Black just nods. "Not one for exploration and discovery, then?" Black shrugged his shoulders. "I would have thought you wanted to see Genasi ingenuity. Oh well! Door's that way!"

Her lip curled. "You're kidding, right? Ingenuity?" She pointed a claw off to the right. "My Asuran ingenuity says that your toy is off that-a-way. To the south. You do know which way south is, yes?"

OOC: :rofl: Been playing Asura quests, so she's going to be haughtier than usual.

Guest Lucien

Black's face went cold, almost stoic, giving Ixa a glare that only one with HUNDREDS of years of experience could yield. His eyes burned with the fury of nearly 10 lifetimes. The look he is giving Ixa is so contrasting to his usual persona that you would think it was a different person entirely. "I am only here for fun, for exploration, and for company. DO NOT FOR A MOMENT mock my intelligence. I have seen, done, and experienced thing that your little Asuran mind couldn't POSSIBLY comprehend. I have seen entire civilizations fall. Entire races burned to a crisp. I have saved millions of lives countless times. I have saved the human world with nothing but a laptop and a CELLULAR COMMUNICATOR. SO DO NOT FOR A MOMENT THINK THAT I WOULD BE IGNORANT OF THESE THINGS!"

OOC: Unfinished. I have to go to orchestra :S

"Yes, yes, very impressive," Ixa told him, face absolutely straight. "I'm sure you eat sunbeams and defecate rainbows as well. I swear, it's like working with Zinn all over again." She flicked her goggles up and glared at him. "I don't care what you say you've done, bookah. So far, I haven't seen you do anything but drink some potions you could have bought in a Vabbi market. You might become interesting if you actually do something. Now then...south?"

Pride watched as Anaconda sat there, getting berated by the rat creature. It was actually quite amusing, perhaps he underestimated this chimera's usefulness. She made valid points, about the lack of 'power' he boasts about, when all he had done was drink a few odd concoctions. Pride wondered if he had over estimated the man before proper observations...he bit back the thought. He was never wrong, but there was something he didn't consider.

Watching the two go at it, Selim, sort of inched away, lest he get caught up in a fight should one break out between them.

Guest Lucien

"Ah, now. Implication and proof. A true scientist. Yes, then, south. Perhaps when I finish Volo's concoction you will not be so dismissive." Black paused for a moment. "As for defecating rainbows, you'd just have to find that out yourself." Black gave a sarcastic, devilish grin. It seems like this man is bipolar he switched moods so fast.

Ixa gave a full-body shudder, looking not unlike a wet cat for a moment. "South," she agreed, readjusting her goggles. "Lead on. I'll tell you where to go."

Guest Lucien

Black began to walk in the direction Ixa give with a glow of confidence. He liked showing off, and was hoping some sort of catastrophe would occur in which he could prove his worth.

OOC: Sorry, sorry! Public school takes lots of time. D:

Volo clapped his hands, "South it is! As for the ground being unstable, don't worry about it. I'll keep it stable around us, and if it does fall I'll make sure everybody is fine before they hit the ground."

Pride kept his eyes on both Anaconda and the rat, following along mostly quietly. Keeping his gaze always moving, taking in the surroundings, with both a smile and an amazed gasp. All perfectly in sync with the common curiosities a child would clearly have in such a new place, despite it's amazingly dull appearances.

Occasionally, he'd straighten out his clothes some as the wind would ruffle them; making sure he seemed as warm as possible despite whatever enchantments were placed upon them before they arrived. It wouldn't be too much longer, he thought, though to break the silence he piped up with:

"Are we there yet?"

Guest Lucien

Black thought to himself as he walked ahead of the group. I can't snap like that again. I need to keep a cool head if I'm to find out who or WHAT that child is. If there's one thing I've learned in my 906 years of life, it's that when someone keeps a secret... it's for a reason. I've seen children from human to Raxacoricofallapitorian. (OOC: Rax-ah-core-ih-co-foul-ah-pih-tore-ian) Something just seems... off. This child's mannerisms... his aura... the way he carries himself... different. Not sure how, not sure why... But it's there.. Black turned around and started backwards walking, "So! Asuran! ARE we there yet?" He gave Pride a sly smirk.

OOC: Am I just that bad at RP that everyone stops posting after I do? D:

Edited by Lucien

OOC: Gah! I need to stop having so many tabs open at once. I close things down without hitting the post button.

Also: It's Raxacoricofallapatorian. *massive Dr Who nerd* *flees from the inevitable beatings*

Ixa tapped her goggles. "Close," she said. "Fairly close, at any rate. The reading is getting stronger. What abilities do these things have, anyway?"

Guest Lucien

"Oh well... I don't really know. But that's half the fun!"

OOC:....I even looked it up before I spelled it. Fuck you Ama... Fuck you ><

So he did no research before dragging us out here.. Pride thought, as he went along carefully. Pathetic. Though he had little to say in terms of words, the banter between the chimera and Anaconda was simply enough.

OOC: MWAHAHAH! :devil3:

Ixa let her head fall into her paws with a heavy sigh. "Fun, he says. Now it's like working with Gad. I swear - if you survive this, bookah, I'm setting you on fire. Twice."

Guest Lucien

"Now if my memory serves me right, the Ice dwelling genasi should be dwelling in naturally occurring caverns. Keep an eye out!" Black kept strolling along, seemingly without a care.

OOC: on an unrelated note, I am going to lunch with a girl who looks like Amelia Pond tomorrow...

SO FUCKING EXCITED.

Edited by Lucien

Guest Lucien

Black climbed over a slight hill, revealing a large flat surface below with several cavern entrances surround the perimeter of the flat space.

"I believe we have found what we were searching for! However... It looks as if the 'ground' down there is a sheet of ice over a pool of water. Ixa, I would suggest leaving the golem."

Sign in to follow this