• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

Tools and Utilities

Has anyone heard from sabel yet?

The reason I ask is the list of modding tools he posted here and it would be a shame if that list were lost.  I think most people here would appreciate if such a list could be reposted here.

Relax, it's not the end of the world. Much of the information is already available in some shape or form. Not every thread needs to be saved. It's not like all the data is just going to be purged off the face of the Earth. Between this thread​ here and TESCOSI, most of the information is already backed up.

Besides, it's not good form to simply copy his post. :)

Besides, it's not good form to simply copy his post. :)

That's why I asked if anyone have heard from sabel yet.  And I don't think anyone here would object if he copy his own post am I right.

Hi, 

New member here - novice "modder" of Oblivion.

I downloaded and am using Nexus Mod Manager and so far haven't found any problems.

I see that it is not listed in the list of tools and resources and wondered why.

Have I missed something and am I due to have issues?

Secondly does anybody know where I can "steal, pinch or borrow: a castle drawbridge animation that i could modify and incorporate in my current mod excercise.

Many thanks for any response.

Welcome to TAL! Not listing NMM is mainly due to my lack of experience with it. I was also under the impression that all it did was offer a way to download and install mods. I was trying to list tools that offered additional features.

Here's one that is super handy if you are trying to install textures for something that has multiple texture packs to choose from:  TES Texture Merging Utility.

You can compare up to 3 of the same texture files at the same time, in a handy window that can be resized to fit all screen sizes.  There are a lot of texture packs to choose from that are made for Oblivion; download them all and choose what you like best.

Hello! New user, new modder, just thought I'd let you know about some dead links, here! TES4Files and Landscapers Little Helper are not available from these links. I did find TES4Files at a website called Mods Reloaded, though I do not know the credibility of the user that uploaded it, or the safety of the file, as I have yet to open it. I couldn't find another upload of Landscapers Little Helper, though, which is really quite unfortunate, I was looking forward to that one.

It looks like Stray Genius got hacked. I'll reupload TES4Files here and I'll see if I can get a hold of him. I would search TES Alliance for Landscaper's Little Helper. It looks like they've reorganized stuff and perhaps that broke the link. It was made by Beana and Insanity Sorrow, so I'd try looking at the files they uploaded.

Yeah, I did a search and it looks like Stray Genius is gone. He listed an email address in the TES4Files readme so I tried sending him a note.

In terms of Landscaper's Little Helper, I suggest sending a PM to Beana on TES Alliance to see if they will upload it or send you a copy.

Yeah, Beana only has one file to their profile, and IS doesn't have it, either, in all their 21 pages of files. I'll send off a message to Beana, see what they're willing to do.

ShadeMe is still looking after the CSE- very busy last year, but now looking like one or two commits per annum. From memory, there were lots of issues from various users on the old Bethsoft forums but only two at Github now, and both of those by ShadeMe.

Edits: There's a bug section at Nexus Mods which explains it.

To complement this great list there's also Buddah.

Has anyone tried Timeslip's Mod Conflict Detector? Performed a run on this setup and got a truckload of errors! (2mb file) Wow.

In NifTools there's a thing called Mopper. There's an article with broken image links which explains the acronym: 

MOPP (Memory Optimized Partial Polytope) is a way of compressing bounding volume data for arbitrary polygon meshes.

The link for Tes4Files has gone. Does DDSOpt actually replace the relevant functions of TES4Files?

Edited by Schtearn