Modding History TES Community

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• Valenwood Islands Beta Tester
  • 3,748 posts

First I apologize for posting this here, but it seems this is the only forum I find that fits for this thread due to limited permission for posting in the correct subforum and I didn't want to necro almost 4 year old thread. :)

Some people know that I once were the first Senior Curator for MMH and since then I've always been interested of salvage old/lost (presumed to be lost?) mods back to life.

Anyway, what I'm going to do is to share about what has happen in the Morrowind Community the last two years and everything started by this thread that Trancemaster_1988 posted at the officials in early April 2012.  One month later the next thread were posted also on BSF and now was the shocking news from IGN about shutting down FilePlanet and starting archiving the entire site.  I reposted both threads on GHF here and here.

In mid July 2012 came the next major blow to the community.  Now become ElricM a defunct site since the owner Elric Melnibone decided to shut down ElricM for good this time and as he said it...

"Thus... after having the site up since 2005 and 6M+ downloads later, I decided to shut the server off."

...and many people myself included thought that most unique mods was lost for good, but fortunately OldeCow69 had listen to Fliggerty's advice to do a backup of the entire database so hopefully the community haven't lost so many unique mods.  I also reposted the news about ElricM here.

More than a month later in late August came the final hit on PES and Xargoth who took over since APY resign in May 2012 told us about what have happen, so now it become clear that PES has completely been abandoned by IGN.

Today when I looked around a little I notice that some posted links to PES is broken, so that's the reason why I'm posting about what happen and all I wanted to do is tell you where you can find most mods (previously hosted on PES).

FYI  if you're looking for the Blacklight mod mentioned here can download it from MMH, which is one mod of many links on PES that became broken since IGN decided to shut down FilePlanet almost 2 years ago.

If anyone of the Silgrad Tower community want to know where all uploaded mods on PES can be found can search for it on MMH and if you don't find the mod in question then post your question here or here.

Thanks for reading :)

Edited by Leonardo, 02 September 2014 - 12:00 AM.
Broken link removed!

sandor

sandor

Cave Bear

• 61 posts
Thanks Leonardo, that's very useful, especially the link to MMH. :)We prob. move the thread because it's also useful for MW in general.

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,748 posts

Thanks Leonardo, that's very useful, especially the link to MMH. :)We prob. move the thread because it's also useful for MW in general.

You're welcome. :)

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 11,637 posts

Thread moved from Silgrad Tower project forums. :)

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,748 posts

Here is the last working snapshot link for the ES Forum Archive.  However, I am not sure if Yacoby know this or not nor do I know if he is going to move the ES Forum Archive to a different server or not.

http://web.archive.o...y.net/es/forum/

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,748 posts
Today I wanted to search for some lost/old mods in TES Search since someone at BSF couldn't find a working link. But a message tells me that the TES Search site expired 7 Oct, 2015 and I don't know if Yacoby is aware of that yet. :(

Edited by The Great Smexy Pumpkin, 17 October 2015 - 05:20 PM.
Link Removed

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,199 posts
You can always try sending him a message to let him know. It's possible he changed credit cards again like last time.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,199 posts
Sorry but I had to remove the link to TESSearch. The domain now redirects to a potentially malicious ad-farm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users