• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
AndalayBay

Maps of Tamriel

Amazing maps AndalayBay, those 2 have been always my favourites, thank you for sharing!!

Some time ago I made a little quick edit to one of them to keep an eye about how much of Tamriel was playable in my Oblivion´s construction, here was the approximate result:

Posted Image

Yellow: Vanilla Oblivion.

Purple: Elsweyr Anequina by Iliana.

Green: TWMP Valenwood Improved by Haldar.

White: TWMP Hammerfell by Haldar.

Pink: Silgrad Tower by The Silgrad Tower Team.

Red: Morrob.. by The Morrob.. Team.

I hope maybe it could helps somebody and may be interesting enough to post it here.

Yeah of course, to be honest that map is a bit outdated (as for example TWMP Valenwood Improved is totally abandoned and Stirk, with its own colour, has been merged into TWMP Hammerfell). It only show public mods that were tested in the past. But now, with new and amazing mods like Black Marsh, Elswyr Pelltine, Valenwood Islands, TWMP Skyrim Improved and so on I can only say that the dream of a complete playable Tamriel in Oblivion is each day a little bit closer :D

Yeah of course, to be honest that map is a bit outdated (as for example TWMP Valenwood Improved is totally abandoned and Stirk, with its own colour, has been merged into TWMP Hammerfell). It only show public mods that were tested in the past. But now, with new and amazing mods like Black Marsh, Elswyr Pelltine, Valenwood Islands, TWMP Skyrim Improved and so on I can only say that the dream of a complete playable Tamriel in Oblivion is each day a little bit closer :D

Actually those maps are based on lore, not on any mods. When we create a mod for a particular province, we'll change the geography to match our requirements. For example, our Black Marsh is wider than any map derived from lore or the old games.

There wouldn't happen to be a more detailed geological map somewhere, would there?

Not that I know of. I'd check the Imperial Library, but if they don't have anything, then I don't think anybody would.

I search at google for "Tamriel geo map" and it brought me to the Tamriel Heightmaps mod by Onra :)

Exactly the same map that Onra created can be used in TheNiceOne's Dynamic Maps mod if you select the Tamriel Heightmap option during the installation.

Another map type is the Elven map style. ;)

Oblivion style map including most cities and travel routes between provinces:

Posted Image

Thanks - I've been looking for a complete Tamriel map in that style! TWMP's map doesn't do it for me for some reason :(

That's a Really Cool looking map, I wonder why Morrowind, Black Marsh and Valenwood only have Square city's?

It's an amalgamation of maps from different sources - the square-marked cities will be from one source while the TES4-style-marked cities are from another.