• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Linode Critical Maintenance   01/10/2018

Phase 1 is complete. There will be a second round once Linode gets a patch. I have updated the forum thread -  please see my post here.
Visceral Moonlight

Games you love but aren't very good at

Any shooter. Action adventure games like Tomb Raider. I can't jump and grab to save my life!Civilization is completely absolutely addictive but I wouldn't say I'm particularly good at it. I think the highest level I've played and won at is prince. :lmao:

Sacrifce and Spellforce or any game that involves amassing an army and hammering the opposition.  I'm usually the one that gets hammered......

First person shooters are the kind of games I like, especially those that involve cooperation between players to success, but I must confess I am not good at all playing them. Ending a Left 4 Dead 2 level without accidentally shooting my teammates is such a big triumph for me :PNot a talk about adventure games, especially Tomb Raider and that kind, normally I never pass from the first level... :X

I should also mention I'm terrible at RTS games but I love them anyway. :DToo much micromanagement for me. I usually wind up running out of resources due to making too many units and not having enough resources or I wind up overextending myself early in the game. :pI do better with real-time tactics games. :)

I'm not particularly good with RTS games either, but I still love the genre and the experience it offers. I usually always end up being very conservative with my resources and waiting until would-be-risks are no longer risky to take. Need more aggression!  :robot:

I've played Europa Universalis 3, and I have enjoyed it, but I wouldn't say that I am all that great at it. 

Skyrim is another one.  I'm mediocre at best with combat in Skyrim.  I've never really gotten a hang of the directional power attacks in it, or the other games.  And I'm not all that great at blocking either. 

One game that I enjoy playing is Schizm: The Mysterious Journey.  It has a ton of mathematical puzzles and huge leaps in logic, but I enjoy it.  It has two versions (CD and DVD ROM), and the European version has way more content, like maps, and alternate beginning, etc.  I lost my original copy, and haven't found one since.

So I suck at Mount and Blade. I had all difficulty settings turned down to the lowest settings and I couldn't even get past the tutorial. :P

I bougth Mount and Blade just because it looked intresting, but after I started my first game I had to admit that I'm completely useless in combat especially when riding a horse.

The same thing happen in Oblivion when riding a horse, so that's why I didn't bother to get a horse in Skyrim.

I decided to get The Settlers 10th Anniversary in the GOG sale. I am pants at this game. It's taken me HOURS to complete Map 2.  Hopefully I've got the hang of it now........

I decided to get The Settlers 10th Anniversary in the GOG sale. I am pants at this game. It's taken me HOURS to complete Map 2.  Hopefully I've got the hang of it now........

Oh, I am too a big fan of the Settlers games series at least the first three versions, but Settlers 4 make me lose the interest to actually play Settlers less frequent than I used to do in the past.

Do you overextend yourself like I do or is it something else? My biggest issue is that I try to expand too quickly and wind up slowing things down considerably as a result.

Used to play Scrabble a bit but never made it into the pro league.

For that you need words like oxyphenbutazone. And then it helps to understand them. Easy?

a phenylbutazone derivative C19H20N2O3 having anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic effects

Now we are all clear!

This blog shows how such words can earn such monstrous scores. Some game that was!

All depends on your allowed set of dictionaries! If you include the medical and geological ones, then the words can get up to a hundred or so letters. Granted, that requires tons of luck and planning but there are also tons of shorter words with Q's in them! :P

Edited by Visceral Moonlight