Sign in to follow this  
brucoms

Morrowind Modding Wiki

Morrowind Modding Wiki is a wiki dedicated to Morrowind modding knowledge. Our mission is to:

• Preserve - Since Morrowind was released, there have been (and continue to be) countless tutorials and guides produced to help players to mod their copy of Morrowind, and to help get new modders started on creating new mods. As forums are purged and websites go dark, we are losing these valuable resources if we don't do something about it.
  • Centralize - Many fansites and the official forums have lists of links to tutorials, guides, and resources. However, it's not easy finding a specific guide.
  • Expand - Even today there are still small nuggets of knowledge discovered within Morrowind that influence how we create mods. There's even some tutorials, guides, and resources that we just never written; the Beginners Guide is a good example.
We also strive to be the place for players who would like to try out using mods in their game, as there will be guides to help them get started (see: Beginners Guide page).

See our Getting Started page for more info on how to contribute. Our Stubs category contains many pages that still only have the most basic of information. Visit the Task List to see what else needs to be done. All help is very much appreciated! :)

Thank you to AndalayBay for allowing the wiki to be hosted by The Assimilation Lab! :)

Edited by deaths_soul
  • Like 2

Thank you for choosing TAL to host your wiki!

I have added the Morrowind Modding Wiki to our WIKI drop-down menu at the top of the forums.

I'll be more than happy to chip in when I can. :)

That'd be great, thank you! :D

When adding tutorials and guides from across the internet, it is important to follow this process. The OP has been updated to reflect the new process.

• Like 1

Sounds good to me.  Carry on. :)

Thanks!

The OP has had a bit of an overhaul!

I'm not trying to disparage the OPs wiki, but I'm curious.  Was there ever an official wiki like there is for Oblivion, Fallout, and Skyrim by Bethesda?

I don't think so. I know when I've searched for functions, I only get fan wikis. Besides even if there was an official wiki, it would probably be broken like the Oblivion one is. Bethesda never fixed all the links and images after they moved the wiki and I expect the Morrowind one would have suffered the same fate.

Nope, Beth only set up wikis for the CS, Geck, and CK. This is much more thorough than those.

The Morrowind Construction Set is called the CS too, but I don't think they ever set up a wiki for it.

Nope, Beth only set up wikis for the CS, Geck, and CK. This is much more thorough than those.

The Morrowind Construction Set is called the CS too, but I don't think they ever set up a wiki for it.

You know Morrowind CS are the only CS version you cannot download except for the TES CS patch as you can for Oblivion CS and Skyrim CK, but I'm not familiar with Geck since I haven't played Fallout before and have no idea if you can download Geck or not.

From Oblivion onwards Bethesda created modding wiki's for the fans to manage. Unfortunately, Oblivion's wiki has been broken for quite a while; I don't know about the other two.

This needs to be either edited or altered, because the linked thread is now locked and the Unofficial Morrowind Patch project started in Aug 2014.  So I suggest to keep the thread link and add a link to the Unofficial Morrowind Patch thread at the officials. :)

Fortunately, the project is currently being revived. You can join the discussion on the official modding forums

brucoms, not sure if you're aware or not but the Beth thread hit the post limit a few weeks ago. :)

Thank you DS! :D I hadn't noticed myself as I've been a little busy, but time to get a new thread up and running me thinks!

I just had an idea on how to improve things thanks to reading a lot of Wikipedia this week. In addition to having categories, for certain things (like tools) they also have an article that is simply a list which provides an internal link and a short description and is also in that category.