• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
brucoms

Morrowind Modding Wiki

Thank you again DS! Hmm, I think the list page isn't needed as of yet, but I can certainly see how much it would help with something like the Mods section once that starts to get filled out.

This is not correct.  AFAIK MPP can be installed in Wrye Mash if the archive has the correct file structure e.g archive - Data Files\<mod folders>\<mod files> (mod folders means meshes, textures and mod files means esm/esp and author's readme) described here.

Installing Mods
There are two mod install methods that you can use. Manually installing mods, for the most part, can be avoided by using a mod manager. Mod manager's are there to make your life easier and much more convenient. A good mod manager will not only install a mod for you, but also: allow the manipulation of the load order, manage mod conflicts, and allow easy mod removal. However, not all mods can be installed with a mod manager (e.g. Morrowind Patch Project above), as such it's important to know how to perform a manual installation. It's also important to understand just what the mod manager is doing for you.

Just above the Installing Mods section where the Morrowind Patch Project has a section I miss a link to the wip thread on TAL here.

Fortunately, the project is currently being revived. You can join the discussion on the official modding forums

I suggest to add "or in the public project forum on The Assimilation Lab" to the quoted line here.

Also add a link to Pluto's excellent Mod Recommendations for New Players thread in the Essentials section here.

Thanks to brucoms and to all people who have contributed (how much aren't important) for your hard work. :bow:

Thank you for the reply and suggestions Leo! :D

I've now removed the bit where I game MPP as an example, and I've added the link to the public project forums. I'll also go ahead and add Pluto's thread to the Essentials section.

I came to think about something that could be convenient for any modded player to know about and that's to have a section for confirmed "Known Mod Issues".

Here is one issue that I can confirm (I had the issue when using MGE) and it will cause missing statics in-game if you add the mod to the loadorder for the distant land wizard in MGE/MGE-XE.  I suppose the result will be the same in MGE-XE.

Hey all!

It's been quite some time since the last update post. So the changes I'll be posting here will only be a small fraction of what's been done on the wiki since the last update. For a complete list of changes, visit the wiki's Recent changes page; you can use the settings at the top to view older and/or more specific changes.

New pages:

Changes:

The video interviews also still need to have their transcripts completed.

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed to the wiki, and to AndalayBay for continuing to host us on TAL! :D

brucoms, for general navigation, you could use the sidebar. For example, TESCOSI has pages that give a general overview and some key pages listed on the sidebar to help folks find their way. :)

Good idea, Visceral Moonlight(!? no longer deaths_soul?)! Do you know how I might go about editing the sidebar for MMW? EDIT: Aah, so it looks like I'll need to be an administrator...

Edited by brucoms

New identity. :)

I've been an admin on wikis for too long. :P

You go to MediaWiki:Sidebar and edit that page once you've got the privileges. :)

Aah, thank you VM! :) Sidebar now includes a contents section providing quick links to Tutorials and Guides, Modding Tutorials and Guides, Modding Interviews, and Mods. Plus a Contributing section providing links to make it easier to get started editing the wiki.