• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
brucoms

Morrowind Modding Wiki

I thought I'd chime in here to say that the wiki is still alive. It has to be, because there are no alternatives to it and we need a place where our community's knowledge on modding Morrowind will be stored, verified and updated. The UESP is not enough for this, because it has different goals. I have written an introductory post at darkelfmodding.com explaining my points, if anybody is interested (it can also be used by new players for navigating the wiki). I figured that since the wiki already has a dedicated page here, no such post is needed.

Notable recent developments include Golken covering recent MWSE update by Merzasphor, updating Morrowind Mod Maker's Manual and Scripting for Dummies pages, and me completing MW Code Patch page after disappearing for a couple of months (got distracted by RL) and updating our internet links compendium.

Thank you very much for hosting the wiki, Andalay! This is very generous of you.

Edited by wretched fetcher

Thanks for the updates! We're trying to get the Morrowind Quest List wiki filled out a bit more too. If you not familiar with the Quest Lists, they are lists of recommended quest mods for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. Dev_akm has just returned and has made a few updates to TOQL (The Oblivion Quest List) as well.

@Anda: Yeah, I think this wiki should be really useful for people who look for good quest mods! I'll keep tabs on it with great interest!

@Leonardo: I'll compare the guide you've linked to Mod's Maker Manual we already have and figure out whether we need it, too.

(Sorry, couldn't properly quote replies, my mouse died :)

(Sorry, couldn't properly quote replies, my mouse died :)

Then type the quote tag(s) like this.

[quote]<whatever>[/quote]

[quote name="<username>"]<whatever>[/quote]
Edited by Leonardo

Anda, may I have your attention, please?

I'm having problems uploading images to the wiki. Here is the error I see: Could not create directory "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/f/fb".

Maybe I've hit some sort of limit for uploading files? I'm currently copying very image-heavy thread from official forums. I've uploaded around two dozen files without problem, then this error popped up. The image itself compllies with requirements: it is .jpg with the size of 322KB.

Edit: And the file's dimensions are 2400 × 1000

Edited by Wretched Fetcher

WF, I have no idea. All the permissions look fine. Would you mind trying again? If it still doesn't work, then I will turn on debugging so we can get the full error message.

Ok, one moment...

Edit: same thing. Let me try a different file...

Edit2: this time everything worked  :o . It's just that one file that gives such an error. Strange. This is not a doubling issue, I'm certain I haven't uploaded that file yet.

I've just renamed it (destination name) and it worked. Please say that you did something, otherwise I am just plain dumb. I can swear I have tried renaming already. :X

Edit: here it is.

• Like 1

I've just renamed it (destination name) and it worked. Please say that you did something, otherwise I am just plain dumb. I can swear I have tried renaming already. :X

Edit: here it is.

Sorry... :rofl:

Well... -_-

Edit: Still it was the system's hiccup. Twenty files in a row - no problem, no need to change destination name. Uploading this one - and getting this weird error... Anyway, I could have been more careful, I know. :blush:

The Morrowind Modding Wiki seems to be inactive at the moment and to be honest I miss a few things there like e.g how to update a mod(s) in the middle of a game without causing an issue.

I know information about how updating mods is out there somewhere, but over the years it had become somewhat boring to always visit different sites, not one or two and sometimes several sites just to find the information one need to know about.

Is there anyone who is active on the Morrowind Modding Wiki and know such things I am talking about?  The reason I mention this is quite simple, Pluto will no longer update his Mod Recommendations for New Players thread at BSF.

I can't seem to find where to make an account on the Wiki.

Is this feature disabled now? So, nobody can make accounts & edit?

We had to disable registrations due to the high volume of spam. I can create an account for you. The site will generate a password and email it to you. Shall I use the same name and email that you used for the forums?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

We had to disable registrations due to the high volume of spam. I can create an account for you. The site will generate a password and email it to you. Shall I use the same name and email that you used for the forums?

Yeah same name & email work. Thank you so much!