Vincent

Bean Bag Chair

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
    • Black Marsh
  • 672 posts

The Brotherhood of Old

A Dark Brotherhood quest mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Betrayed by your own sister, the fate of the Dark Brotherhood rests upon the edge of a knife. As the Listener to the Night Mother, your mind has been plagued with troubling dreams as of a late. Among these dreams, a set of instructions, you are to end a family line that could destroy the Brotherhood forever. Buried deeper within those dreams, therein lies hope for the future.

You begin to rebuild the Brotherhood, adding in many assassins from all walks of life. Locked away within one of these acolytes, flows the blood of a Legendary Speaker from days passed. The secrets within their blood will change the Brotherhood forever.
As you mold this descendant into a weapon, the Brotherhood becomes respected throughout the land once more. But with this respect comes fear, and with that fear many come out of the woods to destroy the Brotherhood. A recently disbanded guild has reformed, deadlier than ever. And an old but unknown enemy has resurfaced, and between the two guilds they are dedicated to wiping out every trace of the Brotherhood.

The Brotherhood of Old is a new quest mod for Skyrim, taking place after "Hail Sithis" in the Dark Brotherhood Quest. This 15 quest epic will take you all across the land of Skyrim, as you try and rebuild the Brotherhood and strengthen it against future attacks. How will you deal with these new Brothers and Sisters? Will you be heartless and cold, doing only what is good for the Brotherhood as a whole? Will you be silent or cryptic, letting others fill in the gaps? Will you take the straightforward path, or will you put in a little extra effort and be rewarded proportionally? Will the Brotherhood fail under you, or will you make Sithis proud?

Press Releases (Screenshots):

September 2, 2016

June 1, 2016

June 23, 2014

May 6, 2013

Open Positions:
Texturer/s: Someone that can help me with UV unwrapping, because I have absolutely no idea how to get a texture on a mesh properly.

Progress: 
New Sanctuaries

95%

New locations - Other: 

95%

NPCs

95%

Scripting

95%

Writing

100%

Quests

90%

Custom Meshes and Textures

50%

Most, if not all of the custom meshes we need, I have created. I just need help with UV mapping. For the life of me I can't figure out how to do it. Some of the meshes have been UV mapped for me thanks to the help of some people on the internet, but others still need to be done.

------------------

That's it. Thank you for reading this. Any support is appreciated. It's been a long, challenging journey, and I look forward to sharing it with you all.

A big thanks to The Assimilation Lab for hosting our project.

Edited by Vincent, 09 May 2017 - 12:18 AM.

'Drea

'Drea

Snarky Totebag

• 484 posts

Out of curiosity, are you doing voice acting for your NPCs?

Vincent

Vincent

Bean Bag Chair

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Black Marsh
  • 672 posts

I am, yes.

'Drea

'Drea

Snarky Totebag

• 484 posts

Awesome :) If you're looking for Voice Actors, let me know! I'm unfortunately stuck in a specific archetype for characters (just ask Andalay) 'cause I'm female and have a pretty high voice (Soprano 2, Alto 1, etc) but I can do a variety of accents :) And while I can't script or model or do anything particularly useful, I'm a crack beta tester and I love to voice act.  /shameless plug!

Vincent

Vincent

Bean Bag Chair

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Black Marsh
  • 672 posts

Interesting. I'll post an audition thread with all of the characters there and you can see if there's anything you want to do.

Edited by Vincent, 16 August 2014 - 01:30 AM.

wjHarnish

wjHarnish

Amoeba

• The Brotherhood of Old
  • 1 posts

Hey everyone, my name is Wyatt and I've been helping Vincent out w/the screenplay we appreciate you all taking the time to read through this and to everyone who's submitted voicing samples so far

• Vincent likes this

Vincent

Vincent

Bean Bag Chair

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Black Marsh
  • 672 posts

Apologies, news on this has been pretty dark for quite a few months. Suffice it to say that things are going well. The mod is, I'd say, 50% done in total. We're releasing later than I would have liked, but such is life. Only recently has the project shifted from being a one man project with a writer (Thank you, Wyatt.) to something that's started to gain some traction. I hope to have some brighter news in the coming months.

Edited by Vincent, 24 May 2016 - 06:58 AM.

trogdor

trogdor

Amoeba

• 1 posts

I realize the last post on this board is just about a year old, so it may be that no one is checking this anymore. But on the chance that they are, I was wondering if this project is still alive and if it is getting closer to being completed. Unfortunately, the vanilla ending to the dark brotherhood was pretty "meh" and there aren't many quest mods or additions for it. The other one that I found, The Dark Botherhood Resurrection, is not working for me. I think one of my other mods may be conflicting with it and so I cannot progress any further in the story. This mod, however, looks amazing and even better than the other mod I mentioned! This is exactly what I'm looking for to continue playing my assassin character, so I hope this project is still being worked on and will be released relatively soon!

• Vincent likes this

Vincent

Vincent

Bean Bag Chair

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Black Marsh
  • 672 posts

Yes, it's still being worked on. It's a huge project and I'm doing all of the work myself in what little spare time I have. It's coming along. I anticipate that it will be done by the end of 2016 for sure.

I feel the same way about the ending, which is why I'm making it. I haven't played any of the other mods, but I've looked at them and they don't do this the way I think it should be done.

Gaia_ofthe_Void

Gaia_ofthe_Void

Amoeba

• 2 posts

You people have seriously saved TDB as a guild for me. These add-ons have made it well worth playing through as an assassin once more

• Vincent likes this

Vincent

Vincent

Bean Bag Chair

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Black Marsh
  • 672 posts

Glad to hear it. I hope you'll enjoy it when it's ready.

Jac

Jac

Calamari

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • The Symphony
  • 210 posts

If by scene builder, you mean having two or more NPCs talking to each other, I think I can give it a whirl. I wrote a tutorial awhile back on how to do that. ;)

Posted Image

Vincent

Vincent

Bean Bag Chair

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Black Marsh
  • 672 posts

I've pretty much got scenes figured out at this point, but I wouldn't mind the help if you're offering.

Jac

Jac

Calamari

• The Symphony
  • 210 posts

Oh, I wasn't going to write them, I was going to help implement them. ;)

Posted Image

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,113 posts
I'm pretty sure they are all written already. It's just a matter of coding them up, if that's what you mean.

I'm supposed to be helping, but have been as helpful as tits on a boar, as the saying goes. *sigh*
  • Jac likes this
Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Jac

Jac

Calamari

• The Symphony
  • 210 posts

Depending on what needs to be done, I can help code them into the game. Dialog between two NPCs is easy, I just need the script and what triggers the dialog. I can also do "some" quest coding - mainly adding journal entries and the like.

Posted Image

Vincent

Vincent

Bean Bag Chair

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Black Marsh
  • 672 posts
Yeah, like I said, I know how to do it, but I wouldn't mind help implementing them. I have one for the first quest that I was working on that I put on the back burner for a while if you'd like to tackle that.

Jac

Jac

Calamari

• The Symphony
  • 210 posts

Sure. Send me the info and I'll see what I can do.

Posted Image

Vincent

Vincent

Bean Bag Chair

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Black Marsh
  • 672 posts
It will have to be tonight when I get home from work. In the mean time, I will have you added to the TBO group here, since this is where all of the file sharing will be taking place.
I wouldn't download the current package, it's old.

Edited by Vincent, 23 March 2016 - 05:26 PM.

Vincent

Vincent

Bean Bag Chair

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Black Marsh
  • 672 posts

Maybe you all are sick of screenshots at this point, but it's all I have to show my progress right now. I don't have enough footage for a new trailer yet, but that's coming. Anyway, here are some new screenshots.

It's coming along. I realize I've been saying this for years but as I have reiterated, I am a one man team and this is a pretty large project.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Quest mod, Skyrim, Dark Brotherhood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users