• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Linode Critical Maintenance   01/10/2018

Linode has announced our service slot for the patch for variants 1 and 2 of the Spectre vulnerability. The server will be rebooted at 2018-05-09 3:00:00 AM UTC.  I have updated the forum thread -  please see my post here.
Vincent

[WIP] The Brotherhood of Old

Hi pal, great mod well.... kinda.... 

I have had issues so far but my current one is game breaker. I'm on the quest where you goto the two other sanctuaries. Whilst uncovering clues... well I have gone to both sanctuaries and have even found the dead body in the dilapidated shack a ghost appears but cannot talk to him... I have done the save reload thing but nothing.

Any ideas?

That doesn't sound right. I need more details.

Did you read the clue you found in markarth? What comes up when you type GetStage TBO03 in the console?

25 minutes ago, Vincent said:

That doesn't sound right. I need more details.

Did you read the clue you found in markarth? What comes up when you type GetStage TBO03 in the console?

Ok run by me the clues in Markarth.

I killed the Skeletons found the dead brother and took all his gear ect... I found the locked exit but it needs a key ect.

I' pretty sure I found a note or book... but my memory escapes me right now as I'm at work.

I haven' tried the get stage but I will later now I know which one I need!! Thanks pal.

Check all the corners. It's a note. You need to read it to be able to progress the quest. I'm not sure how you even found the shack without it but good work.

12 minutes ago, Vincent said:

Check all the corners. It's a note. You need to read it to be able to progress the quest. I'm not sure how you even found the shack without it but good work.

Oh hang on is it the clue that says...

I'm above the docks but under the arch? If so I found it. That's how I found the shack.

Well, the two stages of that quest has been ticked. 

Where you hang your enemy's head

Head to Mark Arthur sanctuary

Search winterhold sanctuary for a clue left by Aquent

Both ticked but nothing else...

I tried the Get stage bit and all I got was getstage >> 10.00

54 minutes ago, god84 said:

I tried the Get stage bit and all I got was getstage >> 10.00

That's the information I needed, thanks.

It's been added to my to-do list. You should absolutely not be at stage 10.

Edited by Vincent

I need to know how you got this to happen. Reading the notes in the order they are received should leave you on stage 31 when all is said and done. If you're saying you're on stage 10 after reading the notes, then there is something wrong here.

Are there quest variables that you can check to see if god84 has read all the notes? If so, you can use sqv questID in the console to check all the quest variables.

Vincent shall I uninstall the mod and re install it to start again?

Or is there a command to start it?

Edited by god84

Your issue makes no sense to me, but try this. You're saying the ghost in the dilapidated shack is already there, which should mean that you're beyond stage 10 at this point. Regardless, open the console and type in setstage tbo03 31 and try talking to the ghost again.

On 2/25/2018 at 11:50 PM, AndalayBay said:

Are there quest variables that you can check to see if god84 has read all the notes? If so, you can use sqv questID in the console to check all the quest variables.

That's not a bad idea for a future update. I never thought to include any because this seemed to be a complete non-issue, but hey, this is a Bethesda game. There's always someone finding a way to break things.

1 hour ago, Vincent said:

That's not a bad idea for a future update. I never thought to include any because this seemed to be a complete non-issue, but hey, this is a Bethesda game. There's always someone finding a way to break things.

Yeah I always break my code down like that. It makes debugging a lot easier later on. I do the same thing in business. :)

OK new issue.

On the mission haunting echos the bit about obtaining a set of contracts is stuck on a loop. The only one she gives me is the corrupt priest. 

Dupres marker is still showing up despite her not being there too.

OK will check that in a sec. On my quest notes though says...

Obtain contracts from the night mother. The quest marker is above the night mothers head.

On 3/30/2018 at 11:26 PM, TheDarkListener34 said:

I do have one question though. Will there be any more features and more quests? Into the final version?  

Funny joke.