Join the team

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• Valenwood Islands Beta Tester
  • 3,797 posts

Welcome to the Unofficial Morrowind Patch recruiting thread. :)

Q - How do I join the Unofficial Morrowind Patch team?

A - Just say a positive word or a phrase like "Yeah" or "Count me in"

And of course we need both modders and players, so basically anyone can join the team with or without modding skill.

brucoms

brucoms

Frilly Volleyball Surfing Giraffe

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • TES3Gecko
  • 255 posts

Reporting for duty, sir! Again... :whistle:

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,797 posts

Well let see if I got a daunting task for you. :P

brucoms

brucoms

• TES3Gecko
  • 255 posts

Will I be adventuring into the Hardcoded Plains and slaughtering the hordes of undead Bugs and Glitches with my mighty sword of Refactoring!? :D

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,093 posts

Well I guess I'd better install Morrowind again... :D

It has literally been years. I'll probably be asking you guys what I should install!

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

brucoms

brucoms

• TES3Gecko
  • 255 posts

It has literally been years. I'll probably be asking you guys what I should install!

Then you might be in need of a certain Beginners Guide on a certain wiki that I'm not affiliated with. Nope not at all... :whistle:

• AndalayBay, Arthmoor and Leonardo like this

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,093 posts

Point taken. :rofl:

See? I knew what I was doing when I set up the wiki first. :whistle:

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,447 posts
Here's an idea: why don't you guys document engine bugs that are not fixed by either OpenMW or the MCP somewhere? I'm sure that'll be handy and I know that some coders will see it, even if they're not yet familiar with the OpenMW codebase. ;)

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,797 posts

Well then it's about time that you do that. :P

How about plain vanilla?  No mods or MCP just the original Morrowind with both expansions. :)

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,797 posts

Here's an idea: why don't you guys document engine bugs that are not fixed by either OpenMW or the MCP somewhere? I'm sure that'll be handy and I know that some coders will see it, even if they're not yet familiar with the OpenMW codebase. ;)

Good idea but I think that such discussions need another topic after OpenMW 1.0 is out. :)

brucoms

brucoms

• TES3Gecko
  • 255 posts

How about plain vanilla?  No mods or MCP just the original Morrowind with both expansions. :)

:blink:

Wh... What!? Not even Tamriel Rebuilt? Not even RoHT? Not even MGE XE? Not... not... :blink:

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,447 posts

Good idea but I think that such discussions need another topic after OpenMW 1.0 is out. :)
Why wait? Start documenting them now so that they can start fixing them now. Us coders can only fix what people report. ;)

Dragon32

Dragon32

Calamari

• 371 posts

Hey gang :wave:

As to engine bugs I guess we can cross-post any from the MCP thread which Hrnchamd can't fix...

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,093 posts

Well then it's about time that you do that. :P

Ye gads no! I couldn't play Morrowind at all until I installed MGE and Oblivion-style spell casting, which required MWSE. :D

I guess I can have a vanilla game for testing.

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,797 posts

Wh... What!? Not even Tamriel Rebuilt? Not even RoHT? Not even MGE XE? Not... not... :blink:

Not if we want to collect clean bugs or issues in dialogues, quests that kind of things.

brucoms

brucoms

• TES3Gecko
  • 255 posts

Not if we want to collect clean bugs or issues in dialogues, quests that kind of things.

Of course! :) I was exasperated at not having mods for a playing installation of Morrowind.

Edited by brucoms, 23 July 2014 - 10:09 PM.

Dragon32

Dragon32

Calamari

• 371 posts
Just install the game (outside of Program Files), the expansions and then patch it (if you're not on GoTY edition). Then create a copy of that Morrowind directory. Name it "Morrowind-vanilla". Mod the original to your heart's content.IIRC, you can't use the Morrowind Launcher to start the "Morrowind-vanilla" copy or edit the mods used in it. You need to manually start morrowind.exe and edit morrowind.ini. TES:CS works fine from what I remember.I've three:MorrowindMorrowind.moddingMorrowind.testingI'll clear up the "Morrowind.modding" one for this.I'd suggest copying over a MCP'd, EXE Optimised and LAA'd morrowind.exe though.
  • Leonardo likes this

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,447 posts

Hey gang :wave:As to engine bugs I guess we can cross-post any from the MCP thread which Hrnchamd can't fix...

Fancy seeing you here. :DYes please. I may not get involved too much with the UMP but I've thinking of lending OpenMW a hand so it could be useful to things documented. :)

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,093 posts

Just install the game (outside of Program Files), the expansions and then patch it (if you're not on GoTY edition). Then create a copy of that Morrowind directory. Name it "Morrowind-vanilla". Mod the original to your heart's content.IIRC, you can't use the Morrowind Launcher to start the "Morrowind-vanilla" copy or edit the mods used in it. You need to manually start morrowind.exe and edit morrowind.ini. TES:CS works fine from what I remember.I've three:MorrowindMorrowind.moddingMorrowind.testingI'll clear up the "Morrowind.modding" one for this.I'd suggest copying over a MCP'd, EXE Optimised and LAA'd morrowind.exe though.

I might see if I can create something like TES4 Manager to automate all that. I haven't done any programming in a while. :)

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,447 posts
I could probably hack together a Batch file to do that for you. Shall I? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users