• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
Leonardo

Signing in and reporting for duties!

Welcome to the Unofficial Morrowind Patch recruiting thread. :)

Q - How do I join the Unofficial Morrowind Patch team?

A - Just say a positive word or a phrase like "Yeah" or "Count me in"

And of course we need both modders and players, so basically anyone can join the team with or without modding skill.

Will I be adventuring into the Hardcoded Plains and slaughtering the hordes of undead Bugs and Glitches with my mighty sword of Refactoring!? :D

Here's an idea: why don't you guys document engine bugs that are not fixed by either OpenMW or the MCP somewhere? I'm sure that'll be handy and I know that some coders will see it, even if they're not yet familiar with the OpenMW codebase. ;)

Well I guess I'd better install Morrowind again... :D

It has literally been years. I'll probably be asking you guys what I should install!

Well then it's about time that you do that. :P

How about plain vanilla?  No mods or MCP just the original Morrowind with both expansions. :)

Here's an idea: why don't you guys document engine bugs that are not fixed by either OpenMW or the MCP somewhere? I'm sure that'll be handy and I know that some coders will see it, even if they're not yet familiar with the OpenMW codebase. ;)

Good idea but I think that such discussions need another topic after OpenMW 1.0 is out. :)

How about plain vanilla?  No mods or MCP just the original Morrowind with both expansions. :)

:blink:

Wh... What!? Not even Tamriel Rebuilt? Not even RoHT? Not even MGE XE? Not... not... :blink:

Good idea but I think that such discussions need another topic after OpenMW 1.0 is out. :)
Why wait? Start documenting them now so that they can start fixing them now. Us coders can only fix what people report. ;)

Well I guess I'd better install Morrowind again... :D

It has literally been years. I'll probably be asking you guys what I should install!

Well then it's about time that you do that. :P

Ye gads no! I couldn't play Morrowind at all until I installed MGE and Oblivion-style spell casting, which required MWSE. :D

I guess I can have a vanilla game for testing.

Wh... What!? Not even Tamriel Rebuilt? Not even RoHT? Not even MGE XE? Not... not... :blink:

Not if we want to collect clean bugs or issues in dialogues, quests that kind of things.

Not if we want to collect clean bugs or issues in dialogues, quests that kind of things.

Of course! :) I was exasperated at not having mods for a playing installation of Morrowind.

Edited by brucoms

Just install the game (outside of Program Files), the expansions and then patch it (if you're not on GoTY edition). Then create a copy of that Morrowind directory. Name it "Morrowind-vanilla". Mod the original to your heart's content.IIRC, you can't use the Morrowind Launcher to start the "Morrowind-vanilla" copy or edit the mods used in it. You need to manually start morrowind.exe and edit morrowind.ini. TES:CS works fine from what I remember.I've three:MorrowindMorrowind.moddingMorrowind.testingI'll clear up the "Morrowind.modding" one for this.I'd suggest copying over a MCP'd, EXE Optimised and LAA'd morrowind.exe though.

Hey gang :wave:As to engine bugs I guess we can cross-post any from the MCP thread which Hrnchamd can't fix...

Fancy seeing you here. :DYes please. I may not get involved too much with the UMP but I've thinking of lending OpenMW a hand so it could be useful to things documented. :)

Just install the game (outside of Program Files), the expansions and then patch it (if you're not on GoTY edition). Then create a copy of that Morrowind directory. Name it "Morrowind-vanilla". Mod the original to your heart's content.IIRC, you can't use the Morrowind Launcher to start the "Morrowind-vanilla" copy or edit the mods used in it. You need to manually start morrowind.exe and edit morrowind.ini. TES:CS works fine from what I remember.I've three:MorrowindMorrowind.moddingMorrowind.testingI'll clear up the "Morrowind.modding" one for this.I'd suggest copying over a MCP'd, EXE Optimised and LAA'd morrowind.exe though.

I might see if I can create something like TES4 Manager to automate all that. I haven't done any programming in a while. :)

Hey gang :wave:

As to engine bugs I guess we can cross-post any from the MCP thread which Hrnchamd can't fix...

Welcome to TAL Dragon! :banana:

If you want to read the most recent changelogs for MCP then look in this thread page and go back to the first page.

I won't have time to do any contributions or testing I'm afraid, but I can offer myself in an advisory role if that's useful in some way :)

I won't have time to do any contributions or testing I'm afraid, but I can offer myself in an advisory role if that's useful in some way :)

That's okay with me.  Indeed you can after all you do have the experience that's required for this kind of project and the nature of it too. :cool:

Welcome to the Unofficial Morrowind Patch team Arthmoor. :cowboy: