TES3Gecko on TAL
TES4Gecko was one of the first plugin utilities for Oblivion. Its primary purpose was to merge and clean plugins. It also offered other features like comparing plugins, copying records and moving worldspaces. We began the process of porting TES4Gecko to Skyrim, but ran into many issues due to the size of the Skyrim records and the fact that the Skyrim data structures haven't been completely decoded yet. So we've decided to go back to the very beginning and give Morrowind some love and attention.
We will take the code we developed for TES5Gecko and change the data classes to work with Morrowind. Since we're using MVVM, we hope this will be a relatively painless task. As was the case previously, TES3Gecko will have a new modern design that will make it easier to use than TES4Gecko. It will be available in 32 and 64 bit versions.
- Mod Merging - Merge multiple plugins into a new plugin and merge to master.
- Mod Cleaning - Automatic and manual mod cleaning (removal of undesired edits), including GMST cleaning.
- Copy Records - Copy records from one plugin to another or to a new plugin.
- Compare Plugins - Compare the contents of two or more plugins, displayed side-by-side in a tree view.
- Create difference plugin - Basically a variation on the cleaning process with multiple plugins acting like pseudo masters.
- Generate Comparison Report - Report that will highlight the matches and differences between two or more plugins. Results shown on-screen with option to display results in a report. May copy results to a forum post or save report to a file.
- Display Contents of a Single Plugin - Display the contents of a plugin in a tree view.
- Edit Author and Description - set or change the author and description of a plugin
- Convert to Master - Convert a plugin to a master file
- Convert to Plugin - Convert a master to a regular plugin
- Edit Master List - Edit the master list of a plugin.
- Search - Search records on Editor ID and various names and descriptions.
- Full Record Editing - Add new records, fields or edit existing records and fields.
Will require Microsoft .NET 4. The setup program will install it if you don't have it already.
Here are our major progress updates.
We have defined most of the Morrowind record structure. We now have a basic program to display the contents of plugins. This preview version will give you an opportunity to comment on our interface.
Main Discussion Thread and Progress Updates
Follow this thread for regular progress updates.
The betas will be exclusively hosted here on TAL. The full release will be hosted on TAL, and Morrowind Nexus.
TES3Gecko is written in C# using WPF with MVVM.
Credit goes to the original Gecko team of dev_akm (Aubrey K McAuley), ScripterRon (Ron Hoffman), KomodoDave (N David Brown) and Steve Carrow. Their code is our road map.
Thanks Amadaun for Kinky-Tail the Winged Gecko!
Thanks to sandor for helping me get the source code for TES4Gecko.
Edited by AndalayBay, 16 November 2014 - 08:37 PM.