• Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,108 posts

Unofficial Morrowind Patch

The Unofficial Morrowind Patch aims to fix the bugs in Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon that Bethesda never fixed. We intend to create a single patch that will incorporate the various patches and fixes that have been released in the past so that no additional fixes to vanilla Morrowind are needed - one patch to fix them all. We will continue to develop our patch to fix the bugs that are still oustanding after the other fixes have been merged.

This will be a bug fix patch. It will not include enhancements, tweaks or subjective changes. Our fixes will be based on evidence we can find in the game files and will also fix game-breaking bugs. All those changes will be documented and the documentation will be easily accessible so that any user can see the rationale for the fix.

We're looking at using one of the patch mods as a base and merging the fixes from other patches like the Morrowind Patch Project and ThePal's Unofficial Morrowind Patch. We will set the version of our first release at a higher number than the other major unofficial patches to demonstrate that it is a new update to the old patches.

If you'd like to submit a fix without joining the team, you can upload your patch to our File Contributions area. You have to be a member of The Assimilation Lab to do that though.

Team:
AndalayBay
Skrawafunda
Amenophis
Arthmoor
Dragon32
Fritz
Greatness7
HedgeHog12
Jac
Midgetalien
qqqbbb
Reizeron

Project Forums:
You can follow our progress in this forum. We'll post announcements once we're ready for beta testers and bug submissions.

Credits
Thanks to Leonardo for getting this project organized and getting us all going!
More to come!

Edited by AndalayBay, 24 November 2016 - 06:48 AM.
Updated Team Roster!

• Leonardo and Amenophis like this
Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,108 posts

Time for an update. First, we have gotten permission from Quorn to use his patches and fixes, so they will be integrated into our patch. Currently we're working on compiling a list of all the bugs and patches - basically taking stock of the work that has been done. We have also created a couple of small patches to fix some bugs that are still outstanding. Once we're done compiling the list, we'll begin work on our first release.

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

qqqbbb

qqqbbb

Krill

• 38 posts

I fixed a crapload of floaters in the game and 99% of them are documented. I can upload the esp or just txt file with their locations.

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,108 posts

Could you please upload the esp here? Thanks!

qqqbbb

qqqbbb

Krill

• 38 posts

Which  version of UMP is the base for new patch? And who is the project lead?

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,108 posts

We haven't decided on a base yet and Leonardo and I are the project leads. Dragon and Skrawafunda are leading the patch analysis.

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• Valenwood Islands Beta Tester
  • 3,800 posts

What Anda said about what status the UMP project has right now.

Although at first I was the team lead, but since we have different timezones I asked Anda to become a team lead just to cover the actual timezone in which TAL is located.  Anda is also the owner and founder of TAL.

Fritz

Fritz

Octopus Commander

• The Symphony
  • 148 posts
http://bugs.openmw.org/issues/1876"In vanilla, far-away actors don't execute their AI. However even if you use a low "AI distance" setting, the quest is still made significantly harder (and for most characters, probably impossible) if you've visited the riekling site before the quest started."Fixed script
Spoiler

Edited by Fritz, 17 September 2014 - 10:19 AM.

Dragon32

Dragon32

Calamari

• 371 posts

http://bugs.openmw.org/issues/1876

"In vanilla, far-away actors don't execute their AI. However even if you use a low "AI distance" setting, the quest is still made significantly harder (and for most characters, probably impossible) if you've visited the riekling site before the quest started."

Fixed script

Spoiler

Thank you, sir.

Indeed :thumbsup:

BTW, Fritz, as a team member you can see and post in the internal Subforum ("Kagrenac's Study") which would be the best place to post things rather than in this open discussion thread. It keeps everything in one place.

I'd love to be able to tell you which thread to post such reports in but Leonardo seems to have created three which all fulfil the same purpose:
[list] Confirmed bugs - Discussion, Patching, and Testing
List of bugs unfixed by existing UMP or MPP
%5BBUGS%5D Dialogue and Quests

Instead I'd suggest adding an Issue onto the bug tracker. I'd use that for any other reports (and based on your activity on the official Bethesda forum there'll be quite a lot :thumbup:)

I've just added some information onto the bug tracker wiki about reporting format. Not sure it's really needed in this case but it's definitely needed.

On another note I'm assembling a list of mesh fixes for potential inclusion: [list] Mesh fixes for potential Inclusion in UMP. I've already included EJ-12 AKA Hedgehog's Fixed Slaughterfish Animations and intend to include his rat animation fix too. I notice on this post of yours over on Bethsoft some invaluable advice on duplicate textures in the Bethesda BSAs (I need to create a similar texture fix thread). Any advice or links (and whether we can use EJ-12 AKA Hedgehog's animations would be a great help)

Fritz

Fritz

Octopus Commander

• The Symphony
  • 148 posts
>and whether we can use EJ-12 AKA Hedgehog's animations would be a great helpYou mean that EJ-12 permission needed to include some fixed things in UMP?I may upload not-public work version of russian patch for explore for some resources and fixes, which would be useful. How you guys think?>which would be the best place to post things rather than in this open discussion thread.Ok)

Dragon32

Dragon32

Calamari

• 371 posts

>and whether we can use EJ-12 AKA Hedgehog's animations would be a great helpYou mean that EJ-12 permission needed to include some fixed things in UMP?<snip>

Can we continue talking about this in this thread? Thanks

<snip>I may upload not-public work version of russian patch for explore for some resources and fixes, which would be useful. How you guys think?<snip>

That'd be great! Upload it here. Access to that is restricted to members of this UMP forum and is not public.

Edited by Dragon32, 18 September 2014 - 08:04 AM.

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,800 posts

FYI some links in a couple of posts only work for team members, so there is nothing to report.  Thanks.

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,800 posts

This update is different but special. :)

Recently Midgetalien posted a Morrowind: Uncut thread and he caught my attention, because his WIP thread is exactly what plans the UMP team has for a content restoration mod. So I sent him a note and we've decided to merge our two ideas into a single mod, called the Evidence Chest. Midgetalien is also going to lend a hand with the Unofficial Morrowind Patch too!

We call it the Evidence Chest mod and the reason is obvious, because anyone who has played Morrowind knows there is an Evidence Chest in every Imperial Legion fort near the prison cells, so we thought it was the perfect place to store content that doesn't belong in the Unofficial Morrowind Patch.

All unused content that we can find evidence for in the original game files (Morrowind.esm, Tribunal.esm, Bloodmoon.esm) will be included in the Evidence Chest mod, which will be similar to what the Cutting Room Floor mod is for Skyrim. This will be a content restoration mod for Morrowind.

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,800 posts

The team roster updated.

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,108 posts

Time for an update! Work continues on this. We have promoted Skrawafunda to team lead. Skraw continues to work on the reviews of the old patches. We will be using his reviews to edit the old patches as we pull them into the new plugin. Also Greatness7 has joined the team.

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,800 posts

Thanks for posting the update Anda. :)

Btw... Have you posted the update on the other forums, Nexus and TES Alliance, but also updated the team roster in the OP to reflect the recent changes?

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,108 posts
The only other one I updated was Beth and I can't edit the OP there. :)

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,800 posts

Alright, I'll update the roster on BSF today.

Done.

Edited by Leonardo, 12 July 2015 - 08:03 AM.

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,800 posts

Team roster updated.

JLE

JLE

Amoeba

• 1 posts

So... how close are we to a release of *anything* here? If not, is there a *single* latest link that contains the latest existing version of this patch anywhere, so that there is only one file (either an .esp or an .esm) to be installed? (Not counting the various separate Icons / Meshes / Textures folders also present with the 1.6.5 patch.)

Edited by JLE, 26 November 2015 - 02:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users