AndalayBay

[WIPz] Unofficial Morrowind Patch

There were a couple of folks that were still looking at stuff. I'll try to contact everyone when I get back to modding to see who's still around. I hope to be back soon, although I'm also job hunting right now.

The error was recorded in [MPP 1.6.2]

TRIB / BLDM

BUG "Who's there?" Greeting 1 is assigned to a person in Bloodmoon so it'll never play for anyone else

FIX Created a new "Who's there?" The following is the case of the Tribunal greetings (just in case Bloodmoon or Tribunal needs it disabled)

OLD ID: 1215227585220936854

NEW ID: 2615436871635621253

Then it was fixed in [MPP 1.6.5d] Add "dialog placeholder"

Although in Bloodmoon was: "ulfgar the unending" ...

Now at least quests do not spoil ...

The error was recorded in [MPP 1.6.2]
TRIB / BLDM
BUG "Who's there?" Greeting 1 is assigned to a person in Bloodmoon so it'll never play for anyone else
FIX Created a new "Who's there?" The following is the case of the Tribunal greetings (just in case Bloodmoon or Tribunal needs it disabled)

OLD ID: 1215227585220936854
NEW ID: 2615436871635621253

Then it was fixed in [MPP 1.6.5d] Add "dialog placeholder"

Although in Bloodmoon was: "ulfgar the unending" ...

Now at least quests do not spoil ...

The main problem with the "Who is there ? " dialogue placeholder is that it still affect NPC's in-game when activating a NPC, mostly vendors and traders, regardless what record ID it has.

It wasn't fixed in MPP 1.6.5d, it only created a new problem or a bug, otherwise Stuporstar wouldn't have a problem with it would she.

That dialogue fix needs to be completely removed and UMP should only fix dirty *game breaking* edits that CS generates, if it's possible of course.

Stuporstar

Posted 14 Sep. 2013 (#31)

Posted 23 Sep. 2013 (#50)

[MPP 1.6.5d] Files in the archive:

mpp 1.6.5d adds.txt - 13 Sep. 2013

Unofficial Morrowind Patch Updates_1.6.3.htm - 06 Nov. 2014

Stupostar spoke about the previous version, in which there was this error.

In 1.6.5d it is no longer there.

There, was added to these dialogs ID "dialogs placeholder" (NPC not for gameplay) and for other NPCs it should not be.

Although, of course, it is better to remove it from the MPP...

I know I've said it before, I think people shouldn't use MPP 1.6.6 instead using MPP 1.6.5d.  This upload is another reason why people should stop using MPP 1.6.6.

I suspect the uploader doesn't know that quorn has retired from modding, at least from patching Morrowind.  Maybe quorn has retired for good.

If I understand correctly, do you think that MPP 1.6.6 is not a "quorn"?

How in this case works copyright. Whose right does it defend in this case, if the author of this version himself is in doubt?

I know I've said it before, I think people shouldn't use MPP 1.6.6 instead using MPP 1.6.5d.  This upload is another reason why people should stop using MPP 1.6.6.

I suspect the uploader doesn't know that quorn has retired from modding, at least from patching Morrowind.  Maybe quorn has retired for good.

If I understand correctly, do you think that MPP 1.6.6 is not a "quorn"?

How in this case works copyright. Whose right does it defend in this case, if the author of this version himself is in doubt?

Definitely not. The guy on Nexus says so himself. That version is his modification to 1.6.5d because he thinks some of the changes aren't fixes.

As Leo said, quorn hasn't been around in a while.

I asked about version 1.6.6 in patches:

Morrowind Patch v1.6.6_beta.7z
quorn once again returned to work on the patch, fixing most of the outstanding issues from the previous beta. It replaces previous versions entirely.

I don't understand your question. I'm not all that familiar with the previous patches and all the versions. If quorn did come back and release 1.6.6, then that's not the version that the user uploaded to Nexus. He should have changed the version number. He says in the mod description that his version removes some of the changes quorn made, so it's a different version.

It's 1.6.6_beta which means it's not a final release. We're going to look at it and might pull some of the changes into our patch, but we don't consider it a final release.

Ok, so the author has differentiated the version number a bit. I only saw 1.6.6 on the main page.

1.6.5 was listed as "d" and it was the recommended patch for quite a while. :D It doesn't really matter - we aren't taking any patch as "gospel". We are going through all the changes in every one of them, which is partly the reason it's taking us so bloody long!

I say take your time. Morrowind isn't going anywhere. I for one would prefer to wait for a good high-quality patch such as the ones for Oblivion. Then all the patches, and patches for the patch, and patch variants BS seen at Nexus can disappear. :)

Well, there is a new guy on Nexus that compiled many patches and using UMP 1.6.3b by Thepal for start. Don't tested, yet, but I'm waiting for more mature version to begin a new playthrough. Maybe we should unite forces here.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45096/?

The patched addons he provided shouldn't been used for two reasons.

1.  Force any player to use all plugins

2.  The Helm of Tohan plugin needs to be re-saved in the GotY version to prevent this happen in-game

Note that the link goes to a *backup* forum for GHF that's currently down.