• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

[WIPz] Unofficial Morrowind Patch

That guy's mod description. Holy crap. It's like watching an older version of the same argument we get now for Skyrim. I may not know the MW patch all that well but I'm well aware of the fact that it's bug fixes, not a gameplay overhaul. I seriously wonder if they'd think moving a rock was part of a gameplay overhaul sometimes.

I disagree with this change as it make sense that Alit should have the Alit Bite spell.

- Regular Alit no longer has the Alit bite. For some reason MPP makes it so that the standard Alit has the Alit Bite spell. This is more of a personal nitpick but I don't think it belongs on the regular Alit and here's why:
First off the regular Alit is meant to be a mildly tough early game enemy. Intended to give the player a good challenge without being too hard to beat. Secondly, I've always seen the Alit Bite spell as a symbol of the Diseased and Blighted Alits becoming unclean because of being infected with Disease.

Also, what I did earlier today is something I haven't done before and that was to test what magicka cost the Resist Paralysis (50% for 30 seconds) spell had.

So, I clicked on the Autocalc checkbox (it's unchecked in vanilla) in CS and got 15 instead of the vanilla magicka cost of 300!  WTF!!! :blink:

I even tried to create the same spell in-game, altough with a different name, and the result was the same as I got in CS.  Still 15 magicka cost with the same duration of 30 seconds and 50% as magnitude.

There is another spell I also checked and that was Aryon's Cure Blight Disease, which is part of a Telvanni quest and the result was the opposite.

In vanilla, Aryon's Cure Blight Disease spell had 30 magicka cost, but when I checked the Autocalc checkbox in CS I got 300 and the same thing also applies for the Rilm's Gift spell too! :blink:

Also, note that in vanilla the Cure Blight Disease on self spell costs 100 magicka and that seems to be normal, but in comparison to the other Cure Blight spells it doesn't make sense.   So something is wrong here, I dunno what it is.

This page has the formula for the spell cost. Bethesda will manually set the spell cost as well, of course. They often set the spell cost to be lower than calculated if you get the spell as quest reward, for example. They’ll also set it higher if they think it would be too powerful.

On 2018-04-25 at 9:39 PM, Arthmoor said:

That guy's mod description. Holy crap. It's like watching an older version of the same argument we get now for Skyrim. I may not know the MW patch all that well but I'm well aware of the fact that it's bug fixes, not a gameplay overhaul. I seriously wonder if they'd think moving a rock was part of a gameplay overhaul sometimes.

I think you're right, even the TR-team seems annoyed by certain bugs in Morrowind, scroll down a little to the second picture, and from what I understand they want to fix it.

Which they have in the past, fix bugs, and what I mean is that the Blades member Elone in Seyda Neen revealed, in vanilla, that she was a member of the Blades before the player have finished the first quest in-game.

Any imposition of one's opinion on others will always cause protests.
If this is a game plug-in, then everyone can choose whether to use it or not.

To correct the game there should be no game changes.
Many do not understand this.

For example: bottles swinging on the water will swing and on the table.
If this is corrected, the game will lose a small ridiculous preposterousness.

Fix should correct only errors, and the rest - in the game modes.

Right now I'm trying to help someone on GHF about an issue(s), in fact a lot of errors.

Anyway, I didn't know that Morrowind Rebirth had MPP 1.6.5 [For Rebirth].esm and I think that's similar to what BTB did with MPP 1.6.5  years ago and that guy at GHF are using the MPP 1.6.5 [For Rebirth].esm.

So, when I went back to check a post on the old BSF I forgot what I asked about regarding a dirty edit in MPP 1.6.6 and in MPP 1.6.5d plus the previous MPP versions.

Only MPP 1.6.5d and MPP 1.6.6 has the same dirty edit, so I wonder what status has the project.  Now, I dunno how it is now in comparison how it was over 2½ years ago when I left the project in mid Dec 2015.

We thought about cancelling it, but we do have a lot of material and a couple of folks are still active. It’s on hold for now until I can get back to modding.

7 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

It’s on hold for now until I can get back to modding.

I assume you mean after replacing the current forum software.

Oh, just a tad. I've got two kittens for sale, three more that are only 4 weeks old and we had six newborns last night! And we're still trying to get the house sorted after the renovations. I'm going back to bed... :gnight:

I’m still learning. If I was a cat whisperer, I would have detected that my cats were in heat and did a better job of keeping them apart from the boys. :mad: Everyone is ok and if I can get all the kittens sold, we’ll be in better shape financially. I am getting the itch to play TES and get back to modding, so hopefully I can get things a bit more settled and return.

There's a world to it, eh AB--breeding cats?

I'm playing Enderal right now and am having a blast.  If you want a professional quality mod to play, look no further.  It also offers plenty of hours worth of gameplay (tons if you really explore and do the side quests), so it's worth the 6 or 8 GB download.

What's Enderal? Got a link? I'll probably need some relaxation time. I have two newborn kittens who need to be nursed by hand. I don't know if they are going to make it or not.

It is.  It's from the team that made Nehrim, if you're familiar with that.  They also made a couple Morrowind conversions.

On 2018-08-09 at 1:09 AM, AndalayBay said:

It’s on hold for now until I can get back to modding.

If you guys decide to continue this project then why not start using AFK Track as it is open source (read the recent interview with Arthmoor on Nexus).