• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

[WIPz] Unofficial Morrowind Patch

Nice to see that you do not forget the old game.
When and where will you continue and what is the composition of the team?

Edited by ZWolol2

12 hours ago, ZWolol2 said:

what is the composition of the team?

Well, I started this project, but I left almost 3 years ago.  I suppose, Anda would know who is a team member at least Skrawafunda is still active I think.

Posted (edited)

Hello. I've just heard that this patch has recently become active again.

ThePal made a critical error a long time ago by adding the unfiltered "Who's there?" line to UMP/MPP after Bethesda had fixed the original one. The "Who's there?" epidemic pops up every couple of months at Tamriel Rebuilt and I wrote an analysis here: https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/whos-there-not-knock-knock-joke-sadly

The line added by UMP/MPP really needs to go (or at least it should be filtered to not ruin games), it adds a bug back that Bethesda removed by limiting the damage its dodgy NPC Detected function causes to one NPC.

Edited by Atrayonis

That sounds vaguely familiar. I don't have it specifically listed in our change log though, so I'll ask Jac if it got fixed.

Thanks for the head's up and welcome to TAL!

Posted (edited)
On 2019-05-03 at 8:07 PM, Atrayonis said:

ThePal made a critical error a long time ago by adding the unfiltered "Who's there?" line to UMP/MPP after Bethesda had fixed the original one. The "Who's there?" epidemic pops up every couple of months at Tamriel Rebuilt and I wrote an analysis here: https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/whos-there-not-knock-knock-joke-sadly

The line added by UMP/MPP really needs to go (or at least it should be filtered to not ruin games), it adds a bug back that Bethesda removed by limiting the damage its dodgy NPC Detected function causes to one NPC.

I had no idea that ThePal actually did that a long time ago and that changes a lot of things, so basically we're back to square one so to speak at least when it comes to fixing the remaining bugs.

Although, I am no longer active in the UMP project and haven't been since mid December 2015, but still this intrests me enough to follow up what's happening.

Thanks for letting us know. :)

EDIT:  The link you posted actually had the link I wanted to post but couldn't find it. 

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1473376-whos-there-goodbye/

On 2019-05-03 at 11:05 PM, AndalayBay said:

That sounds vaguely familiar. I don't have it specifically listed in our change log though, so I'll ask Jac if it got fixed.

I know how to fix it and I also know that I posted a link to Stuporstar's "Who is there?" thread on the old BSF forum somewhere in the UMP forum, so look around and maybe you can find the link then read the thread on BSF.

I found the actual post there Stuporstar described how to fix it.

Nevermind, I found my solution, in the spoiler at the end of the post, that Turjia included for the Better Clothes mod when he posted the 8th MGSO thread here.

Edited by Leonardo

On 2019-05-03 at 2:07 PM, Atrayonis said:

I asked Jac about this and he said that it looks like this has been fixed already. He posted the fix so I’ll verify that it’s in the plugin.

It's filtered to the "dialog placeholder" NPC, Alt. We can change that if necessary. Here's a screenshot of what I saw when I reviewed it:

Dialog.jpg.1bbbd4ba2b76c906b00250c5bb20e110.jpg

Posted (edited)

Just delete the selected one or just leave as it is.

Or remove that record in the Unofficial Morrowind Patch.esm before being released and that should fix the "Who is there?" bug at least that's what I did when I fixed the same bug in the Better Clothes.esp a couple of years ago.

Edited by Leonardo

I'd just delete the second one, as it was added by UMP in the first place (so no inherent problems as far as mods relying on it).

But this is already excellent news and in line of what Patch for Purists did (it's going to be deleted in the next version). Thanks for the prompt replies; the more mods fix this thing, the better.