• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Wikis Moving   10/08/2020

Enodoc from the UESP has stepped up and will host our wikis in their wiki farm. I just finished uploading the backups to the UESP server. The wikis that are moving are: Better Cities Morrowind Modding Wiki TESCOSI OOO Oblivion Quest Mods Ordendesdrachen The last three are wikis that WalkerInShadows created. I never finished getting them set up on TAL, so they'll finally be available again once the UESP guys finish getting things set up.
AndalayBay

[WIPz] Unofficial Morrowind Patch

Nice to see that you do not forget the old game.
When and where will you continue and what is the composition of the team?

Edited by ZWolol2

12 hours ago, ZWolol2 said:

what is the composition of the team?

Well, I started this project, but I left almost 3 years ago.  I suppose, Anda would know who is a team member at least Skrawafunda is still active I think.

Hello. I've just heard that this patch has recently become active again.

ThePal made a critical error a long time ago by adding the unfiltered "Who's there?" line to UMP/MPP after Bethesda had fixed the original one. The "Who's there?" epidemic pops up every couple of months at Tamriel Rebuilt and I wrote an analysis here: https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/whos-there-not-knock-knock-joke-sadly

The line added by UMP/MPP really needs to go (or at least it should be filtered to not ruin games), it adds a bug back that Bethesda removed by limiting the damage its dodgy NPC Detected function causes to one NPC.

Edited by Atrayonis
  • Thanks 1

That sounds vaguely familiar. I don't have it specifically listed in our change log though, so I'll ask Jac if it got fixed.

Thanks for the head's up and welcome to TAL!

On 2019-05-03 at 8:07 PM, Atrayonis said:

ThePal made a critical error a long time ago by adding the unfiltered "Who's there?" line to UMP/MPP after Bethesda had fixed the original one. The "Who's there?" epidemic pops up every couple of months at Tamriel Rebuilt and I wrote an analysis here: https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/whos-there-not-knock-knock-joke-sadly

The line added by UMP/MPP really needs to go (or at least it should be filtered to not ruin games), it adds a bug back that Bethesda removed by limiting the damage its dodgy NPC Detected function causes to one NPC.

I had no idea that ThePal actually did that a long time ago and that changes a lot of things, so basically we're back to square one so to speak at least when it comes to fixing the remaining bugs.

Although, I am no longer active in the UMP project and haven't been since mid December 2015, but still this intrests me enough to follow up what's happening.

Thanks for letting us know. :)

EDIT:  The link you posted actually had the link I wanted to post but couldn't find it. 

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1473376-whos-there-goodbye/

On 2019-05-03 at 11:05 PM, AndalayBay said:

That sounds vaguely familiar. I don't have it specifically listed in our change log though, so I'll ask Jac if it got fixed.

I know how to fix it and I also know that I posted a link to Stuporstar's "Who is there?" thread on the old BSF forum somewhere in the UMP forum, so look around and maybe you can find the link then read the thread on BSF.

I found the actual post there Stuporstar described how to fix it.

Nevermind, I found my solution, in the spoiler at the end of the post, that Turjia included for the Better Clothes mod when he posted the 8th MGSO thread here.

Edited by Leonardo

On 2019-05-03 at 2:07 PM, Atrayonis said:

I asked Jac about this and he said that it looks like this has been fixed already. He posted the fix so I’ll verify that it’s in the plugin.

It's filtered to the "dialog placeholder" NPC, Alt. We can change that if necessary. Here's a screenshot of what I saw when I reviewed it:

Dialog.jpg.1bbbd4ba2b76c906b00250c5bb20e110.jpg

Just delete the selected one or just leave as it is.

Or remove that record in the Unofficial Morrowind Patch.esm before being released and that should fix the "Who is there?" bug at least that's what I did when I fixed the same bug in the Better Clothes.esp a couple of years ago.

Edited by Leonardo

I'd just delete the second one, as it was added by UMP in the first place (so no inherent problems as far as mods relying on it).

But this is already excellent news and in line of what Patch for Purists did (it's going to be deleted in the next version). Thanks for the prompt replies; the more mods fix this thing, the better.

I didn't know there were two vanilla master trainer in sneak.

I've no idea why Bethesda did that in the first place, perhaps they plan to do something, but later they decided to cut it from the game and at the same time they forgot to remove one master trainer in sneak.

That seems more of a tweak/game balance issue than a fix, Leo. I say just leave them both in and let another mod remove or change them.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:56 AM, Leonardo said:

Hidar has an infinite loop after clicking the Stalhrim Weapons topic then click on "Nevermind" in her dialogue.

I don't remember if we fixed this or not, but here's a temporary fix until the patch comes out.

Hidar fix.7z

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Jac.

I don't recall we fixed that during my time in the UMP project.  However, I think there is a mod for fixing that on MMH.

Later I discover that the Stahlrim Spear doesn't exist in-game, but I'm not entirely sure if resources for that weapon exist in the Bloodmoon.bsa or not.

Bugs for you to review in case you havent already, to add to the list:

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45891

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45849

Iron Armor Cuirass has way more health than it should. 2000 compared to steel cuirass which only has 450, or even the ebony cuirass which has 1800

Roli the guar and his master are too close together and makes it nearly impossible to talk to him.  Suggest moving them apart slightly

I’m guessing you aren’t using Thepal’s or Quorn’s patches? We’ll check but I suspect these issues have been fixed already. Our patch is based on Thepal’s and Quorn’s so we’ll have them too. Thanks for the heads up nonetheless.

On 2019-12-23 at 1:18 AM, Teralitha said:

Bugs for you to review in case you havent already, to add to the list:

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45891

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45849

Iron Armor Cuirass has way more health than it should. 2000 compared to steel cuirass which only has 450, or even the ebony cuirass which has 1800

Roli the guar and his master are too close together and makes it nearly impossible to talk to him.  Suggest moving them apart slightly

I don't consider the first mod to be a bug fix, because the player can always restore attribute by activating a shrine e.g temple, imperial.  I created a mod to make the restore attribute spells available in-game.

The second mod needs to be tested for the Steam version, but I know that *bug fix* aren't necessary for the retail version (GotY).

Edited by Leonardo

On 12/23/2019 at 7:04 PM, Leonardo said:

I don't consider the first mod to be a bug fix, because the player can always restore attribute by activating a shrine e.g temple, imperial.  I created a mod to make the restore attribute spells available in-game.

The second mod needs to be tested for the Steam version, but I know that *bug fix* aren't necessary for the retail version (GotY).

The mod you created is for SKILL restorations, not attribute.  I think you probably meant to say skills.    The "damage skill" effect exists in the construction set, but isnt used by the game that I am aware of.

The restore attibutes spells already exist in the game.  The problem is that the magic value in the game settings is stupidly low, allowing someone to create a restore all attributes spell at lvl 1 for +25.  You literally never need a shrine, ever.  If you look at the existing restore attribute spells, you can see they all have 30 second durations, which is obviously redundant.  I explained all of this in the mod description which you evidently didnt bother to read.

Anyway, I stopped by to ask a question. Is this the same mod as the Morrowind Patch Project on nexusmods?  If not, is this mod better? And how does it compare to patch for purists?

Edited by Teralitha

There are lots of various patch mods. Our purpose was to combine the two most popular patches, that were done years ago, into one mod and add a few more fixes. I can't comment on the other patch mods as I've never used them. Our mod will have a complete change list so people will be able to decide which one they would like to use. We did invite some of the other patch mod authors to join us, but they wanted to do their own thing. We are all "senior" modders who have been playing and modding TES games for a long time, so we're pretty familiar with the game and engine mechanics.

On 2020-01-23 at 2:28 PM, Teralitha said:

The mod you created is for SKILL restorations, not attribute.  I think you probably meant to say skills.

You're right, I do mean skills.

On 2020-01-23 at 2:28 PM, Teralitha said:

Anyway, I stopped by to ask a question. Is this the same mod as the Morrowind Patch Project on nexusmods?  If not, is this mod better? And how does it compare to patch for purists?

Yes and no.  It actually depends what kind of a patch one wants to have, I mean some people reported something they think was a bug when in reality it was not a bug.  There are still bugs in-game that has never been fixed, period.

This has going on for years and no one has ever thought about having a permanent home for the Morrrowind Patch Project.  Until I rally the community on BSF (man, I really miss that forum :() in July 2014 and the rest is history.

Note, I left this project in mid Dec 2015 due to RL, but as far I am concern people should really stop using MPP for a couple of reasons.

All newer versions of MPP (1.6.5 to 1.6.6) either has dirty edits or is unfinished and I know for sure MPP 1.6.6 is unfinished since I tested it myself in-game.  Besides, what quorn did in MPP 1.6.6 was not fixing bugs instead what he did is modding, nothing else.

That makes MPP 1.6.4 the latest version, but is it good I dunno.  Can anyone who have used MPP 1.6.4 for a long time say MPP 1.6.4 is good?

The UMP project are based on ThePal's last UMP, UMP 1.6.3.  Of course a lot of things may have changed during those years since I left this project.

Are you really hoping to put together a team?

To do this, you need a fan with a lot of free time.
But all fans start with bug fixes and end with balance and improvements.

All important errors have long been fixed, and minor errors will be infinite.

I am making a patch for the Russian version, but I am not fixated on fixes and have little time.
However, you can count on my help.

We have a team for the UMP. They are waiting for me to upload the master so others can incorporate their fixes.