• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Wikis Moving   10/08/2020

Enodoc from the UESP has stepped up and will host our wikis in their wiki farm. I just finished uploading the backups to the UESP server. The wikis that are moving are: Better Cities Morrowind Modding Wiki TESCOSI OOO Oblivion Quest Mods Ordendesdrachen The last three are wikis that WalkerInShadows created. I never finished getting them set up on TAL, so they'll finally be available again once the UESP guys finish getting things set up.
AndalayBay

[WIPz] Unofficial Morrowind Patch

I don't see any need to change it. If enough people ask for it, I may make a supplemental patch.

>During the week I got only one answer about progress...

You received an update about the progress of the project: Andy's having computer issues, but will be sending Arthmoor the files once she's able to access them again. What more do you want? And I am not an alien, you're just being dense.

I do not have access to the development section on the site.
I asked questions to the whole group, not personally @AndalayBay.

All the answers were about transferring the development and the charges against me.
I speak to the deaf...

For example, I asked an elementary question about Vaermina and with great difficulty got the answer.
I see no point in asking for anything else.

I have a question. I just read in a mod's description that Kagouti have incorrectly assigned sound files and that neither MPP nor PfP have fixed this. I opened PfP in the CS and found that this does appear to be the case.

Are the devs aware of this? What are your views on fixing this, if it hasn't been fixed already?

Kagouti sound.jpg

Edited by XJDHDR

I just checked the change log and we have fixed some things in regards to the Kagouti, but not the sound file. As I'm the one that did the creature review, I'll fix it when I can. 

The creature entry on the far right doesn't have a creature sound assigned to it. Is that one even used? It's a simple fix regardless.

3 hours ago, ZWolol2 said:

Those kagouti's in the picture are different ID's and Jac is right the right one doesn't have a sound assigned, which it should have.

16 minutes ago, Jac said:

The creature entry on the far right doesn't have a creature sound assigned to it. Is that one even used? It's a simple fix regardless.

Edited by Leonardo

image.thumb.png.4ba371fea02f4b05e52caa4d5e95064b.png

If you do not know the answer to even such a question, it seems that I really have no use asking you questions :(
I'm sorry if the answer turned out to be rude again.

Well, this is embarrassing. I investigated this a bit further and TLDR, there isn't actually a bug. First, my screenshot isn't actually demonstrating a bug. Basically, there are a number of sound records associated with the Kagouti record. The "Sound Gen Creature" box simply tells the game that this creature record is copying the same sounds used by the selected creature. The Kagouti record doesn't need this set because the sound records are already associated with it.

The place that claimed there was a bug was this mod and it actually claimed that the sound records themselves were the problem. However, this turned out to be an off-season April Fools joke.

2 hours ago, XJDHDR said:

Well, this is embarrassing. I investigated this a bit further and TLDR, there isn't actually a bug. First, my screenshot isn't actually demonstrating a bug. Basically, there are a number of sound records associated with the Kagouti record. The "Sound Gen Creature" box simply tells the game that this creature record is copying the same sounds used by the selected creature. The Kagouti record doesn't need this set because the sound records are already associated with it.

The place that claimed there was a bug was this mod and it actually claimed that the sound records themselves were the problem. However, this turned out to be an off-season April Fools joke.

Yes.  It is embarrassing that Morrowind doesn't have a solid unofficial game patch like what Oblivion and Skyrim has despite for being almost a 20 year old game.

@Leonardo
And what is the solidity of mod ?
Solidity in the presence of a popular author's name ?

All questions are solved by mistake quickly and there is no need to do anything else.

There are not many critical errors in the game, and the rest is a game improvement.
So I do not see much difference between UMP and PfP, although the number of patches in PfP is an order of magnitude higher.

33 minutes ago, ZWolol2 said:

There are not many critical errors in the game

So, what you're saying is that broken quests are not critical.

I know bunch of quests that has never been fixed.  Period!

Lette in Tel Mora is lacking faction filtering and I know it's possible to trigger the quest by just curing her by casting a Cure Diease on touch spell.

Temple quest in Molag Mar also lack faction filtering.

Mage's Guild quest in Maar Gan is lacking faction filtering and I know it is possible to trigger the quest by just knowing the necromancy topic in-game.  Without adding that topic via the console.

Mage's Guild quest when the player gets an introduction letter from Antabolis during the first quest in the MQ are indeed broken, especially dialogue for Antabolis.

Not to mention the dialogue for Sjorvar Horse-Mouth is completely broken, if the player visits him too late I mean later after the MQ have started.

@Leonardo
> So, what you're saying is that broken quests are not critical.
What I meant was that there are many fixes for syntax errors (wrong letter in the word or missing comma).
There are even fixes of objects parameters (weight, protection, damage) for balance, which should not be in the patch at all.

Broken quests are critical errors.
If they were not corrected, it means they were not reported.
Or reported in the place where there is no one to correct them! :)

13 hours ago, XJDHDR said:

I thought this might have been the case but wasn't 100% sure that it was specifying which creature the sounds should come from.

14 hours ago, XJDHDR said:

Right! I remember now. That’s why we didn’t “fix” it. We fixed the sounds in lots of other creatures and that’s when I discovered that the base creature doesn’t use the sounds generated by another creature. It’s the source.

Another symptom of not having a PC right now. I’m working from memory. :P

27 minutes ago, AndalayBay said:

We fixed the sounds in lots of other creatures and that’s when I discovered that the base creature doesn’t use the sounds generated by another creature. It’s the source.

Just curious.  Is the sound for the base creature, in this case the kagouti, already assigned in Morrowind.bsa?

image.png.c5a6d8a780d3b333800f75ebbd9beefe.pngimage.png.548984424de9316aefdf3b39718585c4.png

Sounds are assigned to the base creatures in "Sound Gen".
If no sounds are assigned to the creature, then 'Sound Gen Creature' is specified.

And if there are no sounds and nothing is specified, the first sounds are taken from the list.
For example for 'Scream': 'Default Scream' (it is earlier than 'were scream').

For example: there is no 'Land' sound for kagouti.
The first 'Body Fall Large' will be used for it.

Edited by ZWolol2