• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
TheDarkListener34

Questions about Dark Brotherhood Chronicles

I got some questions for DBC: So I've noticed awhile ago, I didn't say anything but, why did you or anybody that was on the team working on the cells or clutters. Made the Training Room, Alchemy Lab, and Alchemy Garden on different sides including the Speaker's Quarters, Listener's Quarters and the Sleeping Quarters. Shouldn't they be on the same sides like for example: The Speaker's Quarters, Listener's Quarters and The Sleeping Quarter are all on the same side and on the other side it would be the Training Room, Alchemy lab, and Alchemy Garden? I'm just wondering, because that's been bothering me for quite some time.

In the Listener's Quarters, in the bedroom, shouldn't there be a little bit more stuff? Like a sofa and a table or whatever? (I'm just thinking) no ideas.Shouldn't Cla'nee have a room of her own in the stronghold? I know she has a room in the Skingrad Sanctuary.I know the fact that the watcher is like a mentor to the Listener, but shouldn't he also have a room of his own?

(Just asking questions, you probably like answering questions about DBC, well not in future terms)

Did you ever wanted to change the DB armor? To  the Dark Brotherhood Elite armor with the mask?When the player meets the three speakers. shouldn't the player decide on who gets to be speaker? by choose. Who is trustworthy or the night Mother decides. Then the player would gain their trust during those side quests?When I read Cla'nee Journal it seemed like she was afraid of the New Listener, which is a fact...I think. But shouldn't the new listener gain her trust as well, including having some side quests about more into her background or something?

This last one was a bit bothering me, during the time I was playing the mod, shouldn't there also be a Bravil Sanctuary and a Chorrol Sanctuary? I know there is supposed to be four speakers, but either Vicente Valtieri and Ocheeva were sort of the leaders of the Cheydinhal Sanctuary. But I know that Lucien Lachance was the leader of that sanctuary, the speaker. But I know there are many mods towards chorrol and bravil, but I like to see them differently.

That is all the questions I have for now.

What I really wanted to know is about the Watcher's past, before he joined the Dark Brotherhood and become a vampire. I am hoping that Consequences will be a bit longer than Awakening, a lot more interesting and at least voice acting soon. 

Edited by TheDarkListener34

The arrangement of the balcony rooms is a bit odd, that I'll second, but not necessarily bad. Partly because it seems that they are mostly only there for aesthetics, there is little practical purpose to them. The stronghold gaining furniture and features as you progress through the restoration would be nice, though, but I suppose the problem here is trying not to step on Deepscorn Hollow's toes. Given some time I could try to come up with alternatives, but I'm afraid my coding skills are presently zero.

Cla'nee's position is a bit of an irregular/anomalous one that couldn't have been accounted for at the time of the stronghold's construction - After all, the Listener is expected to operate with a little more equanimity than a beheaded chicken given its body weight in skooma, so I doubt anyone expected one to have to delegate so much that they effectively need a fifth Speaker. Yes, I did enjoy making it look like Ungolim attacked me unprovoked and then reducing him to a fine bloody mist. As such, I would imagine that the poor gal would have to stay in another empty room rather than a dedicated one.

Of course, you could always remove a Speaker's bedroom privileges (Which sounds pretty wrong), have them sleep on the couch and tell Cla'nee she can have the room.

The other matters, I believe I've already voiced my thoughts on.

I missed this the first time, soooo: 

I got some questions for DBC: So I've noticed awhile ago, I didn't say anything but, why did you or anybody that was on the team working on the cells or clutters. Made the Training Room, Alchemy Lab, and Alchemy Garden on different sides including the Speaker's Quarters, Listener's Quarters and the Sleeping Quarters. Shouldn't they be on the same sides like for example: The Speaker's Quarters, Listener's Quarters and The Sleeping Quarter are all on the same side and on the other side it would be the Training Room, Alchemy lab, and Alchemy Garden? I'm just wondering, because that's been bothering me for quite some time.In the Listener's Quarters, in the bedroom, shouldn't there be a little bit more stuff? Like a sofa and a table or whatever? (I'm just thinking) no ideas.

We set them up in more of an upstairs/downstairs layout rather than left/right. 

Shouldn't Cla'nee have a room of her own in the stronghold? I know she has a room in the Skingrad Sanctuary.

She's not a member of the Black Hand, even though she knows more about it than most due to her position.  So, sadly, she doesn't get special treatment. 

I know the fact that the watcher is like a mentor to the Listener, but shouldn't he also have a room of his own

His status is kind of special.  I like to think that he doesn't even live in the Sanctuary proper, because otherwise everyone would know who his spies are.  And since vampires don't have to sleep, he could live anywhere. 

Did you ever wanted to change the DB armor? To  the Dark Brotherhood Elite armor with the mask?

We never really had someone who was super-good at making armor. It's something we would love to do, but we never had the right person.

When the player meets the three speakers. shouldn't the player decide on who gets to be speaker? by choose. Who is trustworthy or the night Mother decides. Then the player would gain their trust during those side quests?

If you have Whispered Warnings, you do get a choice. But part of the reason we wrote the quest that way was that it drives home how little the new Listener actually knows their new organization, and it sets the stage for what's to come.

When I read Cla'nee Journal it seemed like she was afraid of the New Listener, which is a fact...I think. But shouldn't the new listener gain her trust as well, including having some side quests about more into her background or something?

Because Cla'nee is a bitch, and trust isn't her thing. :D (Yeah, she's my character.) I'm kind of surprised at how many people loved her.

This last one was a bit bothering me, during the time I was playing the mod, shouldn't there also be a Bravil Sanctuary and a Chorrol Sanctuary? I know there is supposed to be four speakers, but either Vicente Valtieri and Ocheeva were sort of the leaders of the Cheydinhal Sanctuary. But I know that Lucien Lachance was the leader of that sanctuary, the speaker. But I know there are many mods towards chorrol and bravil, but I like to see them differently.That is all the questions I have for now.

I was going to repeat the four Speakers and a Listener thing, but...I suddenly got to thinking. Obviously, in Skyrim, the DB has opened Sanctuaries in other provinces, and it's not only the five.It might be interesting in Consequences to send out "Missions" of a sort, where new Sanctuaries are built under the order of the Listener. They could even be in different provinces as long as there's a teleport there and the black door doesn't open. Yay for fun, new tilesets!

If it makes you feel any better, I stabbed Cla'nee. Didn't particularly enjoy it, I'll admit, but it's the knife that counts!

Haha, I was wondering what all of your favorite characters are in DBC. My of course is Lucien Lachance and the Watcher. 

We never really had someone who was super-good at making armor. It's something we would love to do, but we never had the right person.

I like to see that someday. I think there is one modder who is actually pretty good at it. But I'm not so sure, because a lot of them decided to retire modding for oblivion and went to Skyrim or completely retired. 

She's not a member of the Black Hand, even though she knows more about it than most due to her position.  So, sadly, she doesn't get special treatment.

I know she's not a member of the Black Hand, but she does write out the Listener's Order right? And sends out couriers.

His status is kind of special.  I like to think that he doesn't even live in the Sanctuary proper, because otherwise everyone would know who his spies are.  And since vampires don't have to sleep, he could live anywhere.

So I guess, he's just gonna stand at the Stronghold? I know he has a special..AI during quests. I don't like to see Npcs just standing there doing nothing.....especially a really good character.

If you have Whispered Warnings, you do get a choice. But part of the reason we wrote the quest that way was that it drives home how little the new Listener actually knows their new organization, and it sets the stage for what's to come

ah, you spoiled it for me. haha, jk. But I am not sure why it's from that mod instead of making it on it's own, dialogues, quests and such, mostly I don't have Whispered warnings, I was thinking about putting it on there before I did the purification.

Because Cla'nee is a bitch, and trust isn't her thing. :D (Yeah, she's my character.) I'm kind of surprised at how many people loved her.

Well why don't you stab her a couple of times. I've already noticed she is a bitch. I've read her notes and journal.

I was going to repeat the four Speakers and a Listener thing, but...I suddenly got to thinking. Obviously, in Skyrim, the DB has opened Sanctuaries in other provinces, and it's not only the five.

It might be interesting in Consequences to send out "Missions" of a sort, where new Sanctuaries are built under the order of the Listener. They could even be in different provinces as long as there's a teleport there and the black door doesn't open. Yay for fun, new tilesets!

Actually I like the four speakers and a listener thing, four fingers and a thumb. Including their Silencers, a claw a talon, I like how Lucien examples it. In Skyrim it isn't. Just maybe a couple of speakers, no listener that hasn't been announced from the amazing Night Mother. (Her voice is amazing, including Babette, she's awesome) But the Night Mother gives me the jiffy jibbs. You've should seen the look on my face when I saw her and her voice. zslfdg;apldjfgsdojfg;sodfg  :P  :D

I do admit that Babette is cute child as a character, but I did read her bio, her innocence and then the kill.  I also have another question: So I've been looking for all the diaries and pretty much I did. Why don't all the other speakers have a diary or journal? I just love the writing. 

Cla'nee is Amadaun's character when she plays the game. All the core team members had their PC's made into NPC's. In fact, in many cases their forum names are the same. My character is in the mod as well.

...I stabbed that one too, didn't I.

Given your choice on one of the play-throughs, yeah.

I can tell you it's pretty weird to play through the mod and meet yourself, never mind kill your other self. :crazy:

I got some questions for DBC: So I've noticed awhile ago, I didn't say anything but, why did you or anybody that was on the team working on the cells or clutters. Made the Training Room, Alchemy Lab, and Alchemy Garden on different sides including the Speaker's Quarters, Listener's Quarters and the Sleeping Quarters. Shouldn't they be on the same sides like for example: The Speaker's Quarters, Listener's Quarters and The Sleeping Quarter are all on the same side and on the other side it would be the Training Room, Alchemy lab, and Alchemy Garden? I'm just wondering, because that's been bothering me for quite some time.In the Listener's Quarters, in the bedroom, shouldn't there be a little bit more stuff? Like a sofa and a table or whatever? (I'm just thinking) no ideas.

We had a basic map that someone made on where the rooms should be placed, (it may have been Ama, I can't remember. We're going back like 4 years in my brain.) and I just followed that when placing the rooms. We also did have a couch and desk that I modeled, but they never made it into the mod. 

...I stabbed that one too, didn't I.

Given your choice on one of the play-throughs, yeah. I can tell you it's pretty weird to play through the mod and meet yourself, never mind kill your other self. :crazy:

I didn't kill my character when I met him. I just looted his chest when he was sleeping.  :db1:

Edited by Vincent

If I'm remembering the right character, I wound up embedding that one in a door precisely because of the chest. After spending a few minutes just twitching in place at the contents. Nothing personal, but killing is sometimes good brain bleach.

If I'm remembering the right character, I wound up embedding that one in a door precisely because of the chest. After spending a few minutes just twitching in place at the contents. Nothing personal, but killing is sometimes good brain bleach.

This guy? That's my boy. Spent a lot of time in Cyrodiil with that guy. The save died with an old hard drive, so his memory lives on through DBC. Was it the skooma that set you off? I made his chest reflect his personality. There's actually a few secret things I left in his little area of the sanctuary.

Edited by Vincent

Mostly the writing. The last time someone wrote a lot of repeated consecutive words in their own time, they killed Lucien. Yes, that's a leap of logic. No, of course I wasn't targeting the characters that amused me...

I didn't kill my character when I met him. I just looted his chest when he was sleeping.

Oh so that's your character. I wish my was on DBC that would be cool. Like my character would be a ghostly Listener and Guide the present Listener, Idk haha just an idea, maybe. Or maybe something else. I did noticed that he had a journal so I looked. Just a lot of stuff. 

Mostly the writing. The last time someone wrote a lot of repeated consecutive words in their own time, they killed Lucien. Yes, that's a leap of logic. No, of course I wasn't targeting the characters that amused me...

Boy is crazy but he's not Mathieu Bellamont crazy. Also I was like... 17 when I wrote that journal.

Edited by Vincent

I have a question concerning about the stronghold. Does the Dark Brotherhood have a stronghold in every Providence? I know that skyrim takes place after the oblivion crisis for 200 years and basically almost completely annihilated.