• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
AndalayBay

Items needing Testing in Version 4.3.x

IMPORTANT NOTE TO TESTERS: A new version will be available shortly. Please check back regularly. The new version has some very important fixes for the poison effect script and mod interoperability with SDR. I will update the list of items to be tested when the new version is ready.

There are a couple of issues that I'm having with version 4.3 that I would like with testing and possibly even fixing if you're familiar with Oblivion scripting and the menu code.

1. When you use the console to set your current XP to force an immediate level-up, the progress bar doesn't get updated properly. You can open the console and set your current XP like this:

set obxpmain.currentxp to xxx

where xxx is the number of points you want to set it to. If you need 2701 to level, then setting the current XP to a value larger than that will trigger a level-up. The sound plays and the progress bar turns green, but it remains at the previous value.

My investigations on this issue suggest it's a timing issue with the new menu handling events. The width of the progress bar is controlled by the _levelprogess custom property in the menu xml, which is set by the script when it detects a change in current XP. That script is working correctly - it's the same script that changes the progress bar colour to green. I think the problem is that setting the _levelprogress value is an indirect way of setting the width and it requires a second refresh to draw the bar properly. I might be able to fix this by getting rid of the _levelprogress property and simply setting the bar width directly.

If you're helping with the testing, could you test this by setting the current XP in the console? Please let me know if you can replicate this issue.

Fixed in version 4.3.1 - please test.

2. If you save your game after getting the level-up notification and then exit the game, the level-up menu will open immediately when you load the saved game. I have attempted to fix this, but I find the menu still opens immediately sometimes. When it does this, it's blank because the game hasn't finished loading. You have to close the menu by clicking Done and then reloading your saved game again. On the second reload, the menu doesn't open and you can proceed normally.

Testers: Please save your game and exit after getting the level-up notification. Let me know if the level-up menu opens when you load your saved game. You have to exit to the desktop to trigger this behaviour.

Fixed in version 4.3.1 - please test.

Here are the other things fixed or added in this version:

• Initialization scripts. When you install Oblivion XP in an existing game, you couldn't restore your character to the previous level because the initialization code was broken. This has been fixed.
  • Added the Attribute and Skill descriptions to the level-up menu. Now when you move your mouse pointer over an Attribute or Skill, the description will be displayed in the area that used to only have the icon.
  • Fixed the string file so that the proper version is reported once Oblivion XP has finished loading. I have also changed the text that appears when you install Oblivion XP in an existing game.

New version uploaded Jan. 16. Still called 4.3.1.

Latest fixes:

• fixed poison kill script - wasn't testing for creature being dead already in finish block
  • added new interoperability variables for sneak bonus from SDR

Thanks to saebel and Milotek for their help in sorting out the poison kill script.

Testing:

• please kill enemies with poison. You should only get one batch of XP.
  • if you are using SDR, you'll need the latest version, 8.2.0 b5 or later. Please try to assassinate your enemies. :D

Download Link

Edited by AndalayBay

I found the problem with the first point:

I made few tests with "set ObXPMain.currentXP to <something>", and I noticed the bar is always updated to the value it was the moment before.

Set to 50 => the bar stay at 0

Set to 1200 => the bar set to 50

Set to 400 => the bar set to 1200

By checking the ObXPUIControlScript I found this:

if ( ObXPMain.currentXP != currentXPOld )
	setMenuFloatValue "ObXP_bar\_levelprogress" 1004 ObXPMain.levelProgress
	let currentXPOld := ObXPMain.currentXP 
	let tempString := sv_Construct "%.0f/%.0f" ObXPMain.currentXP ObXPMain.neededXP
	setMenuStringValue "ObXP_bar\level_prog\string|%z" tempString 1004
endif

I forced ObXPMain.levelProgress to update, by putting this piece of code just before the "setMenuFloatValue "ObXP_bar\_levelprogress" 1004 ObXPMain.levelProgress"

let ObXPMain.levelProgress := ( ObXPMain.currentXP / ObXPMain.neededXP ) * 100
if ( ObXPMain.levelProgress > 100 )
	let ObXPMain.levelProgress := 100
endif

And it works perfectly now.

This means that the ObXPMainScript get executed after the ObXPControlScript, so the levelProgress is only updated after being used.

You can fix the problem easily by adding my code and force the levelProgress to update immediately.

First, I moved the posts to this thread. I'd prefer to keep the other thread for sign-up requests. :)

Forli, I'll take a look at that. Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at doing that as well but I was concerned about how it would affect the other scripts. I agree with your analysis regarding the order the scripts seem to be running now. It's funny because that code has worked for years, until Kyoma and I rebuilt the menus. It's obvious that relying on the scripts running in a particular order is not sound programming practice.

I don't see any issues with implementing your code, but I'll do some checking just to make sure.

Thanks forli! :beerchug:

1. Progress bar updates properly

2. Level-up menu doesn't open on reload from desktop after saving after getting level-up notification.

3. Sneak icon is in the right position for DarNified - Thank you!

I was testing adding OBXP to an existing game and the installation screen no longer gives you the option to distribute your point or to leave your character as is.  I like having the option to leave my character as is and just start using OBXP from there.

Also when the level-up screen opened and I started distributing XP, my Sneak skill was at 85!!!  All the other skills were set to their level 1 amounts as they should be.  I checked my character without OBXP and the Sneak skill was 71; I have no idea were OBXP came up with 85. 

Edited by Milotek

Tyvm for validating my account, AndalayBay

I've tested using the set xp command and it has been working, and I don't get a level up screen from loading the game.

I found "bug" that will stop you from leveling up. For example,  if you need 4200xp to get to the next level, then use:

1. "set obxpmain.currentxp to 4201"
  2. save the game before exiting the console
  3. quit to desktop
  4. reload that save
  5. without manually leveling up, use "set obxpmain.current to 4199" 
  6. discover a location or kill something (or set xp to trigger another level)
  7. open the menu to select "Click here to level up"

The menu will close and the level up screen won't pop up. I don't know why anyone would do that, but it completely breaks the level up sequence. No matter much much extra xp you gain after that the "click here to level up" option does nothing. The "fix" I found was using "advlevel" in console to level up, but left over points did not carry over between levels.

Tyvm for validating my account, AndalayBay

I've tested using the set xp command and it has been working, and I don't get a level up screen from loading the game.

I found "bug" that will stop you from leveling up. For example,  if you need 4200xp to get to the next level, then use:

1. "set obxpmain.currentxp to 4201"
  2. save the game before exiting the console
  3. quit to desktop
  4. reload that save
  5. without manually leveling up, use "set obxpmain.current to 4199" 
  6. discover a location or kill something (or set xp to trigger another level)
  7. open the menu to select "Click here to level up"

The menu will close and the level up screen won't pop up. I don't know why anyone would do that, but it completely breaks the level up sequence. No matter much much extra xp you gain after that the "click here to level up" option does nothing. The "fix" I found was using "advlevel" in console to level up, but left over points did not carry over between levels.

That goes under the category of: don't do that. :lol:

Thanks for confirming the other fixes.

1. Progress bar updates properly

2. Level-up menu doesn't open on reload from desktop after saving after getting level-up notification.

3. Sneak icon is in the right position for DarNified - Thank you!

I was testing adding OBXP to an existing game and the installation screen no longer gives you the option to distribute your point or to leave your character as is.  I like having the option to leave my character as is and just start using OBXP from there.

Also when the level-up screen opened and I started distributing XP, my Sneak skill was at 85!!!  All the other skills were set to their level 1 amounts as they should be.  I checked my character without OBXP and the Sneak skill was 71; I have no idea were OBXP came up with 85. 

Sorry, I missed your edits earlier. Ob XP never left your character as is. It has always reset your character to level 1. Previously you could delay initializing your character but that's no longer possible because of the new menu design.

I don't understand how your sneak skill got set to 85. I usually remove all enchanted items just to make sure my attributes and skills aren't fortified. The Skeleton Key in particular can cause a bug with your security skill.

New version uploaded. I've implemented forli's fix and I think I fixed the issue with the level-up menu opening when you load the game from desktop. I did a quick test and it worked with my game.

Just a quick question.  Are there anyone who have tested the new OblivionXP version in a new game?

If so then perhaps I can do some testing since my game are let say a little confusing right now due for being a beta tester for Black Marsh, Valenwood Islands and now OblivionXP with updates at the same time.  Something could easily screw up everything.

New version uploaded. I've implemented forli's fix and I think I fixed the issue with the level-up menu opening when you load the game from desktop. I did a quick test and it worked with my game.

Just a quick question.  Are there anyone who have tested the new OblivionXP version in a new game?

If so then perhaps I can do some testing since my game are let say a little confusing right now due for being a beta tester for Black Marsh, Valenwood Islands and now OblivionXP with updates at the same time.  Something could easily screw up everything.

I've been testing on a new game, haven't run into any issues so far.

I think the new version is ready for full release. I used an online translator to fix the rest of the translations and I've fixed up the documentation. Have you guys seen anything that I need to look into?

New version uploaded. Download it here.

It's still called 4.3.1 because I've already updated all the string files. :P

Latest fixes:

• fixed poison kill script - wasn't testing for creature being dead already in finish block
  • added new interoperability variables for sneak bonus from SDR
  • defined version variable in ObXPMain so version can be retrieved by other mods, like SDR

Thanks to saebel and Milotek for their help in sorting out the poison kill script.

Testing:

• please kill enemies with poison. You should only get one batch of XP.
  • if you are using SDR, you'll need the latest version, 8.2.0 b5. Please try to assassinate your enemies. :D