• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
LID919

Dark Brotherhood Chronicles: Consequences

My apologies if this has been asked before, but is part II of Dark Brotherhood Chronicles still under work? I just picked up Elder Scrolls Anthology, and so have been re-downloading all the mods I used to use for Oblivion. I came to Awakening's page on the nexus, and found the link to these forums. I could not find mention of any progress on the sequel, so I thought I would ask.

Even after nearly a decade, Oblivion still is my favorite game. Though I enjoy Skyrim and the Fallout games, Oblivion will always be my number one, thanks in no small part to the incredible collection of talent that is the modding community.

I loved Awakening on the first playthrough, and was saddened when I saw that the next part of the story had yet to be released. I would love to see this  story completed in one way or another. Will this happen?

My apologies if this has been asked before, but is part II of Dark Brotherhood Chronicles still under work? I just picked up Elder Scrolls Anthology, and so have been re-downloading all the mods I used to use for Oblivion. I came to Awakening's page on the nexus, and found the link to these forums. I could not find mention of any progress on the sequel, so I thought I would ask.

Even after nearly a decade, Oblivion still is my favorite game. Though I enjoy Skyrim and the Fallout games, Oblivion will always be my number one, thanks in no small part to the incredible collection of talent that is the modding community.

I loved Awakening on the first playthrough, and was saddened when I saw that the next part of the story had yet to be released. I would love to see this story completed in one way or another. Will this happen?

Definitely. We are working on Consequences. We are also working on Transgressions, which is part 3 and that will take place in Skyrim.

We will also have another release of Awakening. The final quest is going to be rewritten to set the stage for Consequences and we're still working on the voice acting.

And to echo DL: welcome to TAL!

When are the voice acting files going to be released for Awakening? And will there be voice acting for Consequences and Transgressions?

Andalaybay said there will be VA in both the second and third installments. And for the first installment, they are working on it, but their having a  christmas/new year's break. 

Edited by TheDarkListener34

We'll try to get VA for Consequences and Transgressions, but it has taken us several years to get the VA done for Awakening, so at this point, I'm not inclined to even bother trying. We get people who volunteer and they either don't do anything or they give us shitty recordings and won't accept any direction or suggestions.

Well, I'm a little big on VA but since the mods are always bad ass, it doesn't really bother me. I hope this question hasn't been asked but if it has I'm terribly sorry for being persistent. When do you expect Consequences to be released?

Thanks for all the replies, very glad to see that development is still active on this.

New question. I've been playing Oblivion again, and while traveling in the Jerall Mountains, near Ninedava, I came across something called "Frozen Door to Laxon's Tower Lobby". I checked the refid and found it came from Awakening. I unlocked the door via console, went inside, and found a cozy little tower, and an Ayleid ruin with "Dark Brotherhood Researchers". The place looked quite interesting; is this an area that we will see in Consequences?

The plot is settled, NPCs are almost wholly written up, it's just time to write quests, think of rewards and get to work on the mechanical side. That's as much as I believe we can say without spoilers.

Edited by Cray