NobleShadowHunter

NobleShadowHunter- Female Voice Actor

Under the advice of AndalayBay, I have decided to post a small VA Bio.  If there are any questions, just ask (within reason, of course).

I am a student pursuing a degree in Music Education K-12, with plans of continuing my education towards something related to Music History and/or Theory.  I play the French Horn, which is an adventure to say the least, and I am also pursuing a minor in English.  What piqued my interest in voice acting was the Dark Brotherhood Chronicles: Awakening mod.  Long story short, I asked AndalayBay if she still needed actors, and that a friend of mine was also interested. 

I actually have no training or experience with acting, besides the audition process, but I enjoy losing myself in delivering lines.  I don't know what it is, but I love it.   Voice wise, I tend to lean more towards the younger, more enthusiastic types, but I am eager to try to expand my range.  I don't know how I fit in race wise, but if I had to gauge myself, I'd say a Breton/Imperial.  But that's my wild guess.  =)   I've posted my audition for the DBC if you're interested.  

Hopefully I've covered everything.  If not, let me know.  Within reason. 

-NSH

NSH Audition.mp3

Good to hear you!  Your voice does sound young and enthusiastic, but I felt that worked for the delivery of the sample lines you chose. 

What mic and recording package did you use?

Good to hear you!  Your voice does sound young and enthusiastic, but I felt that worked for the delivery of the sample lines you chose. 

What mic and recording package did you use?

Thanks! I used a headset mic and Audacity for the delivery.  Decent mics are in short supply, and expensive for a college student.  That reminds me, I need to check if my friend Metronome has made an account.  I don't think she has, but just to be sure so that she can post here as well.  Any tips for improvement?

Your voice definitely suits Emuset and Gildii in Valenwood Islands :)

Speaking of which, I looked at the lines for those rolls.  Is there a certain direction you want on them, or do you want me to see what I can come up with?

Speaking of which, I looked at the lines for those rolls.  Is there a certain direction you want on them, or do you want me to see what I can come up with?

Gildii is a typical blonde so I think she should have a stereotypical blonde voice. As for Emuset, she's a naive noble who has Nord roots in her heritage. :)

Gildii is a typical blonde so I think she should have a stereotypical blonde voice. As for Emuset, she's a naive noble who has Nord roots in her heritage. :)

Alrighty then.  I will try to do some recording this weekend, and hopefully I can do some during the semester.  The spring semesters are usually very hectic here, especially towards the end in the Library where I work, but I will do what I can.  Do I post the audio the same way as what I did for this thread?  Thanks again.

Thanks! I used a headset mic and Audacity for the delivery.  Decent mics are in short supply, and expensive for a college student.  That reminds me, I need to check if my friend Metronome has made an account.  I don't think she has, but just to be sure so that she can post here as well.  Any tips for improvement?

Sadly headset mics are not the best, but I think you did really well to get the sound you did using one. The speed of your delivery sounded good to me and it was pretty clear.

As for tips I would suggest experimenting with where you place the headset mic to see if you can make some of your s's clearer or more precise. If you've not tried placing the mic to the side of your mouth that's one position to have a go with.

You also seem to have got the hang of Audacity which is great as I'm more familiar with Goldwave.

Edited by Sue

Alrighty then.  I will try to do some recording this weekend, and hopefully I can do some during the semester.  The spring semesters are usually very hectic here, especially towards the end in the Library where I work, but I will do what I can.  Do I post the audio the same way as what I did for this thread?  Thanks again.

Yes, you do :)

The rest of the lines would be uploaded in the Valenwood Islands private area.