• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Lareneg

You Know You've Become Addicted to The Inn When...

1. When seeing your name in the "Last Post Info" bracket on the forums fills you with disappointment.

2. When you see people who you think would make a nice couple and think "They would have good bondage sex."

3. When you see someone eating a slightly off-colour apple and tackle them before they take a bite, expecting them to thank you for saving their life.

4. You demand someone to explain the psychological motive behind the pocket knife on their dresser.

5. When in doubt, you cry, "The INN did it!"

6. You have a fight with a friend, then leave the room, slam the door, then `order` the door to lock.

7. When said door does not lock, you give it the finger and curse its "sense of humour".

8. You hold up interesting conversations, claiming you've had a great idea and need to send a PM.

9. You act surprised when people condemn you for your cruel acts, explaining "It's only what [insert Character Name Here] told me to do!"

10. You act surprised when people condemn you for your particularly cruel acts, explaining "There's a chaotic mind-parasite in my brain."

11. You yell and scream whenever anyone displays evidence of modern technology, exclaiming "What magic is this?!". Or, conversely....

12. You generally act like House. But with a gun.

13. You jump in fright upon seeing any poster/image/whatever of Gary Oldman, screaming something about liches.

14. You are surprised that the local barkeep does not, in fact, have the rare, nigh-one-of-a-kind, region-specific drink you have asked for.

15. You're an assassin. Or, at least, you want to be. You've got something like a 66% chance of being one, anyway.

16. If not an assassin, you're probably a member of the Imperial Legion.

17. Whenever somebody injures themself, you ask if there's a mage in the room.

18. You then warn them about the dangers of using too much healing magic.

19. You precede particularly silly or snide remarks with "OoC"

20. Most of your conversations, adventures, or anything productive, really, happen around 2 or 3 in the morning.

... yeah, I was a little bored XD

Guest theinfamouskat

13b. You are a female and upon seeing any poster/image/whatever of Gary Oldman are promptly taken over by the need to take a cold shower.

:biggrin:

WIN.

Also,

2. When you see people who you think would make a nice couple and think "They would have good bondage sex."

Have you noticed that just about every character in the Inn written by the Triumvirate is into that sort of thing?

I wonder if it means something... *innocent whistling*

Have you noticed that just about every character in the Inn written by the Triumvirate is into that sort of thing?

I wonder if it means something... *innocent whistling*

Just an innocent coincidence, I'm sure. XD

Edited by Lareneg

Guest q21

ooc - lol, made my evening... err... morning....

When you've been online with no activity for half an hour, see the other two memebers of the triumvirate online, and start biting your nails because either

a) Someone fell asleep at their keyboard and you're now doomed to spend the entire night waiting

or

:blink: Someone is working on an EPIC POST and SHIT IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN.

Also, because I was bored, I started a list of TV Tropes for each major character (so far I'm almost done with Aradhel, Cla'nee, Venos, Vilandon, Dove, Civello, Darion, Lirien, Cara, Chayka and Moriva). Need to make a topic for that sometime. It's too long not to share. :biggrin:

Also,

[edited for personal dignity]

When you've been online with no activity for half an hour, see the other two memebers of the triumvirate online, and start biting your nails because either

a) Someone fell asleep at their keyboard and you're now doomed to spend the entire night waiting

or

:blink: Someone is working on an EPIC POST and SHIT IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN.

*eyes Chick nervously*

Edit: SWEET! It worked!

Guest theinfamouskat

I PICK B!! ALSO!!

21. If you find yourself in another section of the Modcraft forums and out of habit preface your posts with "OOC."

It's happened to me. :biggrin:

I PICK B!! ALSO!!

21. If you find yourself in another section of the Modcraft forums and out of habit preface your posts with "OOC."

It's happened to me. :biggrin:

I think all the Triumvirate are guilty of this. And me...several times. :laughing2dw:

What about Lareneg/Rahvin/q21 (erm, outside of the Inn? You ever been outside the Inn, q? :tongue:)/etc

*Flexes*

*has teh powah*

God, I'm wound up. I think the thunderstorms that went through today did that. Caffeine, no good, just gives me a headache. Agitated electrons? I vibrate. I swear. I'm just like a wound up gyroscope right now.

Plus, tomorrow I've gotta go to dinner with my parents' friends. Who asked specifically for me to come along. I'm hoping they do not have a son my age to fix me up with or I will be running like the wind.

I am infecting you with energy over the internet obviously. Yes, yes, I know electricity doesn't work that way, but I've already infected you with a priest fetish, so hey.

>.>

<.<

*zaps Chick, too*

You know you're addicted to the Inn when the reason you proclaim for going to see Angels and Demons is "Ewan McGreggor in a clerical collar!" - even when you're a guy. O.o

>.>

Guest q21
I think all the Triumvirate are guilty of this. And me...several times. :laughing2dw:

What about Lareneg/Rahvin/q21 (erm, outside of the Inn? You ever been outside the Inn, q? :tongue:)/etc

... there's an outside of the INN?

You know you're addicted to the Inn when the reason you proclaim for going to see Angels and Demons is "Ewan McGreggor in a clerical collar!" - even when you're a guy. O.o

>.>

Silencer, I'm going to be straightforward about this. You have a problem. A sexy problem.

...goddamn it, they did it to me, too :laughing2dw:

Edited by Lareneg

Guest q21

ooc - its bad when I find a place where I honestly believe I'm one of the saner people around. Really bad.

...goddamn it, they did it to me, too :laughing2dw:

YES! We have another minion! Bwahahahahaha!

... there's an outside of the INN?

Are you being sarcastic or not?

Guest q21
Are you being sarcastic or not?

What is this sarcastic you speak of?

... honestly, my posts outside the Inn are probably in single figures.

Guest Rahvin

Hmm I don't think that I remember you being outside of the Inn.

As for putting 'OOC' in front of my posts out of the Inn, I can't remember but it is quite possible :biggrin:.

Does it count as being addicted when you stay up rather late when you have an exam that will give me a grade, which will go towards a set of grades, which will probably have an effect on me throughout the rest of my life, the next day? Hold on, does that even make sense? Ack! I'm going to sleep now...

Edit: After posting in the Inn Keep and anywhere else appropriate... (Someone needs to come over to the Fireplace. Well I could take Warren else where but I'm feeling lazy :tongue:. Is there anything interesting going on upstairs that you wouldn't mind Warren randomly walking in on?)

Edited by Rahvin

22. When, during an emotional story arc involving an Adventure Thread, you see thechickwhopwn3dyou in the "Online Users" list as viewing Greenwood, of all things, and think "What the hell are you doing?!"

22. When, during an emotional story arc involving an Adventure Thread, you see thechickwhopwn3dyou in the "Online Users" list as viewing Greenwood, of all things, and think "What the hell are you doing?!"

Probably brushing up on things that were said. :wink: I do it all the time.

...both the brushing up and the "what the hell are you doing?!", that is. :laugh:

Probably brushing up on things that were said. :wink: I do it all the time.

...both the brushing up and the "what the hell are you doing?!", that is. :laugh:

Well, she's not allowed! :afrightned:

...being irrational is fun. I don't do it nearly enough :laughing2dw:

Sign in to follow this