• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

Testing Thread for Version 4.3.2

Download Link.

Here is the list of items needing testing. For the installation methods, please just use the one you normally use. I'll test the installation methods if we don't have them all covered.

1. Installing with BAIN. Please use the wizard and verify the customization options work correctly.
  2. Installing with OBMM. Please confirm that the OMOD is created properly, with the correct version reported.
  3. Install to an existing game. I need to confirm that the initialization script is working properly. I recommend that your character be at least level 2 and level 6 at most. You can install at any level, but spending all those points to restore your character to a high level can be tedious.
  4. Test the new level-up menu. You can do this by playing normally or by forcing a level by setting the current XP in the console. The readme PDF has instructions for doing this. Verify that the new level-up menu works properly and that you can see the new attribute and skill descriptions.
  5. Save your game after you have received the level-up notification. Verify that the level-up menu does not open immediately when you load your saved game.
  6. Test the new poison kill script. Apply a poison to your weapon and verify that a creature dies from poison. Shoot a creature several times with a poisoned arrow. This requires several poisons applied successively to your bow. You should only get one kill award when the creature dies.
  7. Apply a poison to your weapon and kill a weak creature, like a mud crab. You should only get one XP reward.
  8. If you are using SDR, test the new assassination code. You should get the normal kill award and a second point award from SDR that is the assassination bonus. This replaces Oblivion XP's sneak kill bonus.
  9. If you are using SDR, test the new poison kill script. SDR will process the death from poison and Oblivion XP will award the points.

Note if you are using DarNified UI or DarkUId DarN: I have removed Oblivion XP's version of hud_reticle.xml, so you need to restore the hud_reticle.xml from the Darnified installation package. If you used BAIN to install DarN or Dark DarN, then you just need to anneal the package. If you used OBMM, then uninstall DarN or Dark DarN and reinstall it. After fixing your Darnified installation, install the new version of Ob XP.

Testing Death by Poison:

I find the easiest way to test this is to use a poisoned bow with a strong damage health poison on a creature like a wolf. The wolf, or timber wolf, should drop dead as he runs towards you. If you are a higher level, then you can try to kill a boar, although they are more resistant to poison. Ogres are weak to poisons and burden poisons in particular, so a damage health with a burden affect is quite effective on ogres.

Here's my Journeyman level deadly poison recipe:

Damage Health + Damage Magicka + Fire Damage

Steel-blue Entoloma Cap + Spiddal Stick + Bergamot seeds OR Rat Meat + Nightshade, Peony seeds, St. John's Wort nectar, Strawberry, Venison OR Wisp stalk caps.

It's only one of the last ingredients in that list. I usually use Nightshade OR Peony seeds - whichever I have more of. Damage Magicka doesn't do anything to wolves, but that poison is also really effective against High Elf conjurers. The health and fire damage take care of wolves just fine.

kabalkacke, I have added you to the testing group, so you should have access now. Give the new version a try and if it doesn't fix your problem, then please start a new thread in this forum and I'll investigate it further.

Welcome to TAL!

Hi and thanks :)

i finally figured it out!

it's the 4k resolution!

when running at 3840x2160 i can't click at the attributes (also with Version 4.3.2), everything else works fine (spending Skill points, gaining XP etc)

After switching to 1920x1080 I also can spend attributes.

I have to start the game windowed when running 1080p, otherwise it crashes (don't know what causes it), but it works this way! So a fix would be appreciated for 4k resolutions :)

That's great - I'm glad you figured it out. Oblivion doesn't work well with high resolutions or multiple monitors. I know some people have figured out how to get it to work, though, so you might want to ask on the Bethesda forums. I'll have a look at Ob XP's menus, but without a 4K monitor, I don't think there's much I can do. :P

Installed the new version after uninstalling version 4.3.1. Used Tes Mod Manager which is an updated version of OBMM. Omod was created fine except that it said that it was version 4.3.1 instead of 4.3.2. I changed the number manually, but thought that you might want to know. Seems to work fine on my existing game that had Oblivion XP and on a brand new game. Can't test it on existing character without Oblivion XP, but might this weekend if I have time. Will work on testing poison and the Level up when I get there. About half way to leveling up. 

One other thing, this happens in both 4.3.1 and 4.3.2, and that is the sneak multiplier is working, yet not working. it works if it is set to 2, 3, 4 or or any other whole number. It doesn't work though if you set it to 1.5 or 2.5 or something like that. It just gives you what ever the whole number is. For example if I set it to 2.5 is gives me 2 times as much experience. Not really a big deal I just though that 2 times experience for stealth kills was to much and wanted to change it to 1.5. Right now I just have it turned off. Not sure if this is known and is just a limitation or if it is supposed to work and isn't.

Oh and if this should have been posted somewhere else let me know for next time.

Great report Wolfheart - thank you. I'll take a look at the sneak multiplier. It's probably an integer.

I might have to regenerate the OBMM scripts then. I just changed them with a text editor since I don't have OBMM installed in my development game. I'll switch to one of my old installs with OBMM and will see about regenerating the script.

New version uploaded! I changed the sneaking multiplier to a float and fixed up the OBMM conversion data. These are minor fixes, so the version number is the same.

The change in the sneaking multiplier means you can set it to 1.5, 2.25, or whatever you want. Set it to 1 to disable (it's a multiplier, so setting it to 0 will mean you get 0 kill points if you kill something while sneaking).

1. Works fine

2. I don't use OBMM

3. Works fine

4. Works fine

8. I can't use SDR

9. I can't use SDR

On test 6 and 7, I am offering more information to help testers recreate the issues.

Also, both these apply to NPCs as well as creatures.

6. The poisons must be active in the victim at time of death.  Poisons that have run there course will not make the issue happen.  Long lasting poisons increases the likely-hood of poisons being active at time of death.

7. The victim you kill must be 1 weapon blow from death when you kill the victim with a poisoned weapon.   Any  victim can create the issue not just weak ones.

I spent the weekend testing these 2 issues thoroughly.  I had no issues with these in over 20 hours of play testing.  

I think I'm going to declare this version ready for release. I've been using it for several hours and it looks like Wolfheart and Milotek have given it a good run too. If anybody else wishes to post about any issues they've seen, feel free. I'll start uploading the new release later tonight.

I've been trying to play with Oblivion XP and HUD status bars.  My goal is to have the 3 vanilla status bars where they are at, but add all additional status bars, including Oblivion XP's status bar and HSB's encumbrance bar, to another location in the HUD.

I edited HUD's ini to have it display BOTH an encumbrance bar and Oblivion XP's bar in a non-default location.

I also changed the appropriate setting in Oblivion XP's ini.:

Set ObXPSettings.progressDisplayBar to 0 ; 1

However, I'm still getting XPs original status bar in addition to HSB's, effectively having two.

While trying to find the problem I uninstalled HSB and reverted my UI back to vanilla from DarkUI'd DarN.  The default status bar is still there, despite the change in the ini setting, which was verified to be 0 via sqv. The way I understand it is that by setting progressdisplaybar to 0 it should completely remove the bar from the UI.

Not sure if/what I'm overlooking.

Ok, the problem is timing. Noone, go ahead and make your changes, load the game and save it. When you load your game again, the changes should take effect. The problem is that the script that processes the ini file may not be finished by the time the script that controls the UI runs, but I have to let the script that controls the UI run or you won't see anything. It sucks, but I don't think I can fix this.

Please let me know if everything is ok once you've loaded your game a second time after making the changes.