• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

Oblivion Screenshot Thread

Over a month ago I assembled a new PC. Intel i7-7700k, Nvidia GTX1070, 16gb DDR4-3000 ram and so on. Since then I've been slowly amassing what I call my "experimental Oblivion install," in which I intent to push graphics to the breaking point with hi-res textures, Oblivion Reloaded, an ENB, extra UL modules and so on. (My long established over 2k hour Oblivion seconded play-through remains intact on what is now my secondary computer.) It remains very much a work-in-progress, with a number of visual issues to be resolved or at least minimized. Plus, I've had to back out of a few very desirable new additions due to conflicts with old favorites for which no patch seems to exist. Be that as it may, will showcase a few (?) images representing the best of my progress thus far:

A scenic early daylight view of the Imperial Isle near the Prison Sewer Exit. The face seen here and following shots doesn't not necessarily reflect what the OCOv2 version of my decrepit avatar will end up looking like, assuming this build morphs into an honest play-through, which might not happen. Note too that I'm not yet totally satisfied with free-standing grasses.

Exploring Vilverin. I use a combo of Cava Obscura, Real Lights, OR and an ENB, which makes interior very dark indeed. So dark a torch (or spell) is mandatory for "dungeon" crawls. I like realistic darkness, while admitting that in one aspect it makes the game unrealistic...carrying a torch in the dark SHOULD announce my avatar's presence to every enemy anywhere reasonably close by. I've used these particular HD interior textures so many years I no longer recall who made them.

Imperial City Market District.

Imperial City Arena District. A mundane issue...being used to HD textures throughout IC, the blurry stone to the left of the guardsman's immediate left bugs me to no end.

A nighttime view of Elven Gardens District. As with interiors, I prefer a dark night sky.

The Imperial Sewers. Betty's Sewer Textures, wet variant, possibly my favorite interior textures. At present OR sewer water is all but invisible in-game. I just recently got wind of a way to possibly correct this.

Near Fort Uresek. My OCOv2 avatar has recently crossed Lake Rumare via Imperial Isle East Bridge (Roads of Cyrodiil) and, just prior to this capture, killed a wolf. From here he will enter and clear the ruin, gathering decent loot in the process. I intended to observed him continue on to Cheydinhal afterward. Alas, it was not to be. He handled the bandit at the first ambush point alone the Blue with relative ease. The same can not be said for the black bear encountered a bit further east. It wasn't even close! As this build doesn't not yet make saves beyond one just prior to the Imperial Prison Sewer Exit, it was game over with no point in reloading.

Exploring Ancient Yews forest.

Further forest exploration. I never used this UL module prior to the experimental build, and obviously missed out on some very nice scenery. I'm going to re-evaluate several other UL modules bypassed in the past, plus maybe audition a few Hesu Collection modules provided they conflict with nothing already installed or come with appropriate patches.

Edited by Decrepit Imbecile

Welcome to TAL Decrepit! I suggest you have a look at our guide here, specifically the bit about embedding images. You can attach images, as you've done, but that will eat up your quota and guests won't be able to see them. Using a gallery album won't eat up your quota and guests will be able to see your pictures.

Nice looking pics. I like the grimy textures, but personally I find some of those high res textures a little too gritty.

Welcome to TAL Decrepit! I suggest you have a look at our guide here, specifically the bit about embedding images. You can attach images, as you've done, but that will eat up your quota and guests won't be able to see them. Using a gallery album won't eat up your quota and guests will be able to see your pictures.

Nice looking pics. I like the grimy textures, but personally I find some of those high res textures a little too gritty.

Thanks for the heads up. I noticed the gallery section first thing, but mistakenly assumed it was reserved only for mod creators to display their in-progress or completed work(s). Yeah, depending on a texture's purpose I'm not always enthralled by what I consider an overly "gritty" texture. In the past this has led to me use a good bit of Darooz and AmpolX terrain and other exterior landscape texturing. (I feel they complement each other well.) Oddly, with this experimental build I've come to appreciate QTP3R terrain textures more so than in the past, in part because many (but not all) display minimal to no tiling, which can't be said for a good many otherwise excellent terrain textures.

Yeah for screenshots like this, we suggest just using one of your gallery albums. All members get four gallery albums.

Textures are so much a matter of personal taste and trying to find that good balance. I don't think I've ever come up with a combination that I really like.

After many years of use on this rig, Fraps (still functional- and thanks for the memories) is going, now replaced by the W10 XBOX app. With XBOX your capture folder is in the Videos folder and can't be changed (at least in the UI). Other than that, set up a shortcut in Start menu for obse-loader, and add it to to games in the XBOX app- Win + G for easy captures!

Posted (edited)

Presently working on resurrecting some of my old UnDead mods after being away from playing Oblivion for the past 3 years.

Night. Newly arisen and still finding her way as a risen UnDead.  She is not a zombie by the way, - risen UnDead are quite different, - or at least in my fevered imagination they are.

JhOh2vp.jpg

The first time my new test character Night laid eyes on the burning city of Kavatch.  At this point I think she was strongly considering turning around and walking back down the road and forgetting all about it. 

MHJVSCd.jpg

Queen Eiolynn.  An old risen UnDead.  Cynical , jealous,  hates  nearly everybody, but hates the princes of Oblivion even more.  Drinks wine to excess and likes nothing better than a fight.

8Q59xup.jpg

Edited by RatTech2099
Added two pictures and words needed.