• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
kongha

Oblivon XP Version 4.3.2 error in script

Yesterday, I reinstalled Oblivion and started a new game at the same time having OblivionXP active in my loadorder.

Active Mod Files:

* 00  Oblivion.esm
* 01  All Natural Base.esm  [Version 1.36]
* 02  Open Cities Resources.esm  [Version 4.1.6]
* 03  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.5.5]
* 04  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
* 05  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.5.5]
* ++  USIPS Additional Changes.esp
* 06  All Natural.esp  [Version 1.36]
* 07  All Natural - SI.esp  [Version 1.36]
* 08  All Natural - Real Lights.esp  [Version 1.36]
* 09  P1DanywhereSittable.esp
* 0A  OblivionReloaded.esp
* 0B  Dynamic Map.esp  [Version 2.1.1]
* 0C  Map Marker Overhaul.esp  [Version 3.9.3]
* 0D  Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp  [Version 3.9.3]
* 0E  DLCSpellTomes.esp
* ++  DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
* ++  ancient_blades_armor.esp
* 0F  DLCThievesDen.esp
* 10  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.15]
* 11  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp  [Version 1.0.14]
* 12  Kvatch Rebuilt.esp  [Version 3.0]
* 13  OCR + Kvatch Rebuilt Patch.esp  [Version 4.0]
* 14  Kvatch Rebuilt Weather Patch.esp
* 15  MountainShackR13.esp
* 16  Cyrodiil Travel Services.esp  [Version 3.1]
* 17  DLCFrostcrag.esp
* 18  DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.10]
* 19  Knights.esp
* 1A  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.8]
* **  Oblivion DLC Delayers.esp  [Version 1.0]
* 1B  ElsweyrAnequina.esp
* ++  ElsweyrAnequina - Races HGEC-Robert.esp  [Version 1.1]
* 1C  Roads of Cyrodiil.esp  [Version 1.0]
* 1D  Faregyl.esp  [Version 2.0.11]
* 1E  Faregyl+Anequina Patch.esp  [Version 2.0]
* 1F  Feldscar.esp  [Version 1.0.13]
* 20  Gottshaw Village.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
* 21  Molapi.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
* 22  Reedstand.esp  [Version 1.0.4]
* 23  Urasek.esp  [Version 1.0.4]
* 24  Vergayun.esp  [Version 2.0.2]
* 25  Frostcrag Village.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
* 26  Sutch Village.esp  [Version 1.0.4]
* 27  Open Cities New Sheoth.esp  [Version 2.0.1]
* 28  Open Cities Outer Districts.esp  [Version 4.1.6]
* 29  Open Cities Reborn.esp  [Version 1.1.7]
* 2A  Quest Award Leveller.esp
* ++  Quest Award Leveller - Knights of the Nine.esp
* 2B  Alternative Beginnings.esp  [Version 1.4.4]
* 2C  Alternative Beginnings - Kvatch Intact.esp  [Version 3.0.1]
* 2D  RefScope.esp  [Version 2.1.2]
* 2E  Oblivion XP.esp
* 2F  pussyfur.esp
* **  ROC - OCReborn Road Record.esp
* **  All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp  [Version 1.36]
* 30  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

I picked the "Own a house in a city" option (Rosethorn Hall in Skingrad) and activated the bed then the Alternate Beginnings quest was marked as completed.

Later after I played a while, at the same time I discovered Vilverin, it was time to level up to level 2, but for unknown reason I couldn't by clicking on the "Click to level up" text in-game so I had to sleep in the bed there.

Even if I slept I was still on level 1, which I think is a glitch, because from I understand the player are suppose to adjust the attributes as soon OblivionXP have finish the initilaztion then the player should be able to adjust the attributes for the PC, but that never happen instead OblivionXP are still *confused* what's gonna to happen next.

So I had to activated the bed a second time and sleep at least one hour before I could level up to level 2 properly.  Is that normal?  It doesn't sound normal to me. :shrug:

There is an issue with levelling up for the first time. Some people get prompted to level up, do so and their attributes don't stick. However once they gain level 2, they can level up normally and spend all their points. The game works fine after that. I know about the bug and will track it down once I return to modding.

I know I read the thread at the officials.  In the mean time may I suggest how to solve the levelling up bug.

This ony applies for those people who are using alternate starting mods such as Arthmoor's Alternate Beginnings mod and I'm using it myself.

Why not let the player to level up by sleeping in the bed while being in the prison cell before the player gets the last journal update in the prison cell.  If it's possible of course.

That way OblivionXP could work once the player show up in the corrct location e.g house, place(s), building, guild etc.

Because you aren't ready to level up in the sleeping cell. With Arthmoor's mod, you start out at 0. Your class is defined already. You won't level up until you've gained enough points. I play with Arthmoor's mod all the time and I've never had a problem. The fact that I can't reproduce the bug is why it exists.

So with Arthmoor's mod, everything is defined before you start earning points. You have to earn the full 1700+ points before you gain a level. When you work through the tutorial dungeon, you gain points before you define your class, so you seem to level up faster. You don't really, but it seems that way.

However once they gain level 2, they can level up normally and spend all their points. The game works fine after that.

Have just gained enough experience to level up, but can I? :no:

Nope, OblivionXP still refuse to do something e.g clicking on the "Click to level up" text does nothing absolutely nothing, so this level up bug have forced me to find a bed and sleep before I can level up.  Period!

I know you can fix the bug, but it's getting a little annoying to say the least.

The button does NOT work, because I'm about to level up to level 3. :(

EDIT:   The level up bug does NOT exist in my game, because it's a mod conflict between OblivionXP and OR 4.2.3.  Below is the OblivionReloaded.ini file and these settings (default) are jamming the "Click to level up" button in OblivionXP.

[Main]
WindowedMode             = 0
FoV                      = 90.0
WaterReflectionMapSize   = 512
WaterManagement          = 1
FarPlaneDistance         = 283840.0
ScreenshotPath           = \Screenshots
ScreenshotType           = 1
CustomEffects            = 0
FrameRate                = 1
SaveSettings             = 0
CombatMode               = 1
CameraMode               = 1
EquipmentMode            = 1
SleepingMode             = 1
GrassMode                = 1

[sleepingMode]
Rest                     = 0
RestMessage              = You must be in a bed to rest.

When I press the "Wait" key in-game the player can wait without sleeping, but when I press the "Wait" key with OR installed I see the marked text in-game.  Which means that OR is causing the level up issue in OblivionXP, because what happen when uninstalled OR 4.2.3.  OblivionXP automatically level up in-game, in my case from level 2 to level 3, as soon I reloaded a gamesave without having OR 4.3.2 installed.  I only copied the essential ini sections.

There are another things too that I think Alenet needs to remove from OR and let other mods handle such things e.g see you sleep, predefined key(s) in the game just to mention a few features that OR touches.

Oh, I also found another mod from SirFrederick when I searched for this mod. :D

Edited by Leonardo