• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Sigurd Stormhand

The Death of Attila

Aaand just like that Leonardo manages to completely trivialise my placeholder before I've even finished my analysis and written up the WRE starting position.

I think I'll not bother now.

I'm lost. Why does Leo's post about a patch stop your Let's Play thread?

Leonardo succeeded in killing my buzz - so no breakdown of how to kill Atilla (and save the WRE).

Here's a digest - reinforce garrisons - repair sanitary infrastructure - use small armies as blocking forces rather than trying to fight field battles - have twice as many men in-theatre as the Huns... and try to do all this without succumbing to rebellion.

Edited by Sigurd Stormhand

How can a post about the changelog for the first Attila patch ruin your Let's Play thread?  I don't understand how a patch can reveal a hint of how to kill Attila, and AFAIK no patch has hints about how to do certain things in a game. :shrug:

Well we didn't know what you were going to do, Sigurd. TW's tutorials are instructions on how to mod certain things. It sounded like your thread was going to be a playing guide, which isn't really a tutorial.

We can clean out all these OT posts if you'd still like to put your guide together. Sorry about the derail. :)