• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
mhahn123

(WIP) The Imperial Shipyards

OK #3 is one that I haven't found before. Thanks! i think for now at least I have plenty of resources to monkey around with. Now to figure out how and where to put them to good use.

DS was going to keep feeding you links until he found something you didn't know about. :lmao:

Well you can't fault persistence. At least I know who to chat up when looking for something.

Check author's permission here about converting resources.  A few modders allow converting resources while others don't allow it.

Always good to remember and something I would have checked for first. Thanks for the handy dandy modder list, that is most convenient. 

All of Dongle's resources are free to use, I'm not sure about Cyborg's though as I couldn't find any information at all relating to permissions.

Also, found another one http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/36471 :)

Also, a pier resource http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/36587/?

and a cannon for naval battles http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/35800

Edited by gep5

Talking about cannons, i remember one made by Phitt that actually shot cannon balls

Cant find the mod itself, just this  YouTube video

Just as a curiosity, because Phitt mentioned at the time that, for some reason, the cannon only worked in interiors.

(and Phitt was very good with nifs - if he did not find a solution, it was a hard one indeed) 

The video is a faked exterior built in an interior cell

Edited by QQuix

I found this mod by Dark Soul and there is similar mod, which is based on the original mod and Nexus have both mods.

The naval guard need some pirates to hunt down or the player can become a pirate, well hire them of course just what you do in the Thief's Den DLC.

Edited by Leonardo

You know I really love this site. Despite it being a relatively small community, I get easily twice or three times the feedback that comes in on other sites. Thanks everyone for the valuable input! Much appreciated. :thumbup:

Just had a thought: with the increased port activity, does that mean more warehouses will be needed?

Well it would be a logical conclusion...and something I had thought about. Real estate is always the issue. Where do I put warehouses with the docks and ships using so much darn space? All I've been able to squeeze in thus far is a few lower class shacks for the dock workers. Will try to come up with a solution somehow for this problem, ships being loaded and unloaded do require a storage facility of some kind.

It seems that the current warehouses in the Waterfront are pretty pointless and just contain a few sacks and crates and are all identical. I needed to refresh myself since I haven't been over there in quite a while. :P

There also seems to be something across the door to the Thieves' Guild that may be able to be converted to a cellar. I'll need to take a closer look at it.

IC Waterfront isn't a huge problem area, I still have room to play with there. And plenty of space around Bravil. Anvil and Leyawiin are the areas of concern. Struggling to find room with all the upcoming changes to the new BC WIP. Unless I follow Leo's suggestion and create new real estate..there is virtually nothing left in Anvil now that won't result in huge compatibility issues. Leyawiin is not quite as restrictive but will require some redesign efforts.

Anvil won't be feasible at all. We needed to place a small shack there for DBC and it required compatibility patches for OCC/OCR and BC. There really isn't any room left in Anvil.

Anvil won't be feasible at all. We needed to place a small shack there for DBC and it required compatibility patches for OCC/OCR and BC. There really isn't any room left in Anvil.

Surprisingly enough there is still some space in Anvil. Working with the files Vorians sent me, I have found some room. But in the end think it may be better to raise up some islands in Anvil Bay....and just use rowboats for travel to and fro. That will save me on space restrictions and the compatibility patching side of things.