mhahn123

(WIP) The Imperial Shipyards

Anvil won't be feasible at all. We needed to place a small shack there for DBC and it required compatibility patches for OCC/OCR and BC. There really isn't any room left in Anvil.

Surprisingly enough there is still some space in Anvil. Working with the files Vorians sent me, I have found some room. But in the end think it may be better to raise up some islands in Anvil Bay....and just use rowboats for travel to and fro. That will save me on space restrictions and the compatibility patching side of things.

I don't think there is any area left since Kvatch Rebuilt has a few quests around Anvil.  Besides have you forgot the UL-Gold Coast mod.

That's why I mention the Camp Simplicity mod.

A few quests shouldn't take up the space unless they modify the area as well. Anyways, if one worries about every other mod, it'll be a nightmare. If you can't find a good way of making compatibility work, then splitting things up as modules may be the way to go so that folks can simply leave the ones out that don't work with their current mod selection.

IC Waterfront isn't a huge problem area, I still have room to play with there. And plenty of space around Bravil. Anvil and Leyawiin are the areas of concern. Struggling to find room with all the upcoming changes to the new BC WIP. Unless I follow Leo's suggestion and create new real estate..there is virtually nothing left in Anvil now that won't result in huge compatibility issues. Leyawiin is not quite as restrictive but will require some redesign efforts.

Sorry, I got confused. I thought you were only focusing on the IC. I'll go back to the drawing board and see what I can come up with. :) Edited by deaths_soul

DS,

The quests have their own custom locations. KR adds buildings.

KR is a major mod, as is the UL Gold Coast mod. You can't accommodate everything, but you want to cover the major ones.

m, BC adds warehouses. Would it be possible for you to just use their locations if the player has BC? You'll have lots of room in vanilla and OCC should be ok too. OCR also adds docks and buildings, so you may be able to just build off Arthmoor's work too.

if one worries about every other mod, it'll be a nightmare. 

You are so right about that. I'm only worried about a few like BC, and OCR because I have other mods and patches designed around those. Don't want to walk all over my own stuff in the process of building something else.

I don't think there is any area left since Kvatch Rebuilt has a few quests around Anvil.  Besides have you forgot the UL-Gold Coast mod. That's why I mention the Camp Simplicity mod.

Apologies for creatively editing your post. Nope I haven't forgotten UL Lost Coast. As mentioned I have..let's see..eight different patches for mods that conflict with Lost Coast near Anvil. I would prefer to avoid stepping on them so your suggestion seems very practical in this case. And I am leaning heavily towards making this an add-on for BC so I can just build off of their structures as Anda suggested.

A few quests shouldn't take up the space unless they modify the area as well.

There is one quest that has a specific exterior cell just outside of Anvil and could have an impact of the stuff that's in Anvil.  Another quest has a NPC with the usual quest stuff added near the Anvil Lighthouse.

I see what you mean about Leyawiin, it's pretty cramped. There does seem to be some space south of the Mages Guild that could be used. Too bad the architecture isn't like Bravil's. Then you could just build another floor or put it up on stilts!

Not with Better Cities, there isn't.

That was the last area inside the walls I could see being usable. Not sure if he'd want to build outside of then, though.

IC Waterfront isn't a huge problem area, I still have room to play with there. And plenty of space around Bravil. Anvil and Leyawiin are the areas of concern. Struggling to find room with all the upcoming changes to the new BC WIP. Unless I follow Leo's suggestion and create new real estate..there is virtually nothing left in Anvil now that won't result in huge compatibility issues. Leyawiin is not quite as restrictive but will require some redesign efforts.

What sort of redesign efforts did you have in mind?

Edited by Visceral Moonlight

Already working on it but in a nutshell: I had two shipbuilding births on the west river bank just outside Leyawiin's south walls. And some boardwalk, docks, cranes, etc. It was arranged in a fashion that fit fairly well with BC before, and could be used as a standalone. Now with the new BC content there is simply no existing space on that side at all. A compatibility patch would require moving tons of things anyway, so I am just moving everything to the north up by the Coast Guard shack which BC does not touch. 

...two shipbuilding births...

The labour must have been a bitch! Sorry, couldn't resist. I believe it's spelt berths. :D

:lmao:  You got me on that one! Thanks for the laugh. Needed one of those today

Already working on it but in a nutshell: I had two shipbuilding births on the west river bank just outside Leyawiin's south walls. And some boardwalk, docks, cranes, etc. It was arranged in a fashion that fit fairly well with BC before, and could be used as a standalone. Now with the new BC content there is simply no existing space on that side at all. A compatibility patch would require moving tons of things anyway, so I am just moving everything to the north up by the Coast Guard shack which BC does not touch. 

If I am right about this your mod could have a conflict with Black Marsh since there are some Argonians wandering outside of Leyawiin.  So I suggest to check that out first.

Thanks gep, but I beat you to it for once. I downloaded a few days ago and have a dialogue going with FredLaus. He's sent me several other unreleased resource packs as well. Some very interesting stuff. I'm trying to get permission to upload more of it, or at least convince author to upload more of it.