• Wild Nuts
  • 12,447 posts
No problem at all. :)

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,447 posts
Just had a thought: with the increased port activity, does that mean more warehouses will be needed?

mhahn123

mhahn123

Octopus Commander

• The Imperial Shipyards
    • Valenwood Islands Beta Tester
  • 103 posts

Just had a thought: with the increased port activity, does that mean more warehouses will be needed?

Well it would be a logical conclusion...and something I had thought about. Real estate is always the issue. Where do I put warehouses with the docks and ships using so much darn space? All I've been able to squeeze in thus far is a few lower class shacks for the dock workers. Will try to come up with a solution somehow for this problem, ships being loaded and unloaded do require a storage facility of some kind.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,447 posts
Have you thought about building vertical? You may be able to have warehouses on top of each other or underneath others. Maybe you can make underground levels for the current warehouse?

mhahn123

mhahn123

Octopus Commander

• The Imperial Shipyards
  • 103 posts

Yep had considered building vertical. In the end it may be the only good strategy for some locations.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,447 posts
It seems that the current warehouses in the Waterfront are pretty pointless and just contain a few sacks and crates and are all identical. I needed to refresh myself since I haven't been over there in quite a while. :P

There also seems to be something across the door to the Thieves' Guild that may be able to be converted to a cellar. I'll need to take a closer look at it.

mhahn123

mhahn123

Octopus Commander

• The Imperial Shipyards
  • 103 posts

IC Waterfront isn't a huge problem area, I still have room to play with there. And plenty of space around Bravil. Anvil and Leyawiin are the areas of concern. Struggling to find room with all the upcoming changes to the new BC WIP. Unless I follow Leo's suggestion and create new real estate..there is virtually nothing left in Anvil now that won't result in huge compatibility issues. Leyawiin is not quite as restrictive but will require some redesign efforts.

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,093 posts

Anvil won't be feasible at all. We needed to place a small shack there for DBC and it required compatibility patches for OCC/OCR and BC. There really isn't any room left in Anvil.

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

mhahn123

mhahn123

Octopus Commander

• The Imperial Shipyards
  • 103 posts

Anvil won't be feasible at all. We needed to place a small shack there for DBC and it required compatibility patches for OCC/OCR and BC. There really isn't any room left in Anvil.

Surprisingly enough there is still some space in Anvil. Working with the files Vorians sent me, I have found some room. But in the end think it may be better to raise up some islands in Anvil Bay....and just use rowboats for travel to and fro. That will save me on space restrictions and the compatibility patching side of things.

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,093 posts

Really? I didn't think there was. Don't forget about OCC/OCR. :P

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,797 posts

Surprisingly enough there is still some space in Anvil. Working with the files Vorians sent me, I have found some room. But in the end think it may be better to raise up some islands in Anvil Bay....and just use rowboats for travel to and fro. That will save me on space restrictions and the compatibility patching side of things.

I don't think there is any area left since Kvatch Rebuilt has a few quests around Anvil.  Besides have you forgot the UL-Gold Coast mod.

That's why I mention the Camp Simplicity mod.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,447 posts
A few quests shouldn't take up the space unless they modify the area as well. Anyways, if one worries about every other mod, it'll be a nightmare. If you can't find a good way of making compatibility work, then splitting things up as modules may be the way to go so that folks can simply leave the ones out that don't work with their current mod selection.

IC Waterfront isn't a huge problem area, I still have room to play with there. And plenty of space around Bravil. Anvil and Leyawiin are the areas of concern. Struggling to find room with all the upcoming changes to the new BC WIP. Unless I follow Leo's suggestion and create new real estate..there is virtually nothing left in Anvil now that won't result in huge compatibility issues. Leyawiin is not quite as restrictive but will require some redesign efforts.

Sorry, I got confused. I thought you were only focusing on the IC. I'll go back to the drawing board and see what I can come up with. :)

Edited by deaths_soul, 14 March 2015 - 08:00 PM.

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,093 posts
DS,

The quests have their own custom locations. KR adds buildings.

KR is a major mod, as is the UL Gold Coast mod. You can't accommodate everything, but you want to cover the major ones.

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,093 posts
m, BC adds warehouses. Would it be possible for you to just use their locations if the player has BC? You'll have lots of room in vanilla and OCC should be ok too. OCR also adds docks and buildings, so you may be able to just build off Arthmoor's work too.

mhahn123

mhahn123

Octopus Commander

• The Imperial Shipyards
  • 103 posts

if one worries about every other mod, it'll be a nightmare. 

You are so right about that. I'm only worried about a few like BC, and OCR because I have other mods and patches designed around those. Don't want to walk all over my own stuff in the process of building something else.

mhahn123

mhahn123

Octopus Commander

• The Imperial Shipyards
  • 103 posts

I don't think there is any area left since Kvatch Rebuilt has a few quests around Anvil.  Besides have you forgot the UL-Gold Coast mod. That's why I mention the Camp Simplicity mod.

Apologies for creatively editing your post. Nope I haven't forgotten UL Lost Coast. As mentioned I have..let's see..eight different patches for mods that conflict with Lost Coast near Anvil. I would prefer to avoid stepping on them so your suggestion seems very practical in this case. And I am leaning heavily towards making this an add-on for BC so I can just build off of their structures as Anda suggested.

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,797 posts

A few quests shouldn't take up the space unless they modify the area as well.

There is one quest that has a specific exterior cell just outside of Anvil and could have an impact of the stuff that's in Anvil.  Another quest has a NPC with the usual quest stuff added near the Anvil Lighthouse.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,447 posts
I see what you mean about Leyawiin, it's pretty cramped. There does seem to be some space south of the Mages Guild that could be used. Too bad the architecture isn't like Bravil's. Then you could just build another floor or put it up on stilts!

Vorians

Vorians

Fluffy Hypercubical Monitor Lizard

• Better Cities
    • Valenwood Islands
    • Black Marsh
  • 1,791 posts

I see what you mean about Leyawiin, it's pretty cramped. There does seem to be some space south of the Mages Guild that could be used. Too bad the architecture isn't like Bravil's. Then you could just build another floor or put it up on stilts!

Not with Better Cities, there isn't.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,447 posts
That was the last area inside the walls I could see being usable. Not sure if he'd want to build outside of then, though.

What sort of redesign efforts did you have in mind?

Edited by Visceral Moonlight, 19 March 2015 - 02:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users