• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

[RELz] Weather - All Natural

AB, let me clarify; please excuse my slowness.  There were no changes to the resources in 1.38, yes?  I'm wondering if I need to re-PyFFI my meshes and re-optimize my textures, etc., or if I can just drag and drop the ESPs I use?

hey so just spent 3 dys trying to get a bunch of mods working, however apparently this mod causes my game to crash when i try to enter the Imperial City. and ONLY then.

Idk why this is causing this but its a really annoying problem since this adds alot of beauty to the game and with teh awesome interior mods.

This is the other mods that i am currently running with. OTher than this i use the lod generator, The engine fix, 4GB Patcher, TES4LOD, OBSE, OBGE & Landscape LOD generator
https://imgur.com/a/B04D2X0

If you don't absolutely need Pluggy, get rid of it--it's buggy and causes CTDs.  Base All Natural is quite stable when installed properly.  I've been running it for years without a single issue caused by it that I can recall.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Have you sorted your load order with BOSS and created a Bashed Patch? Sort your load order first and then create a Bashed Patch.

Yes i have. Not sure why it crashes, was working before i reinstalled oblivion as well. and its just that mod, uninstalled everything else. gonna try a new one in a few min.

But crash logs wont show anythin eithr

Found a soloution to my issue.
The saved file by itself was for some reason corrupted by the mod and wont work with all natural when i try to enter the Imperial City

Edited by syphex97

AN didn’t corrupt your save. Saved game files do get corrupted though, especially if you use auto-save. I recommend disabling all auto-saves. Be careful with using quick saves as well. They are also prone to corruption.

13 hours ago, Malonn said:

If you don't absolutely need Pluggy, get rid of it--it's buggy and causes CTDs.  Base All Natural is quite stable when installed properly.  I've been running it for years without a single issue caused by it that I can recall.

What's buggy about Pluggy. Just curious- does it adversely affect anything in particular?

8 hours ago, syphex97 said:

Found a soloution to my issue.

Whenever that happen in my game I always repair the gamesave in WB by clicking on Remove Bloat and Repair Abomb for a selected gamesave in the Saves tab.  Which has worked for me so far.

13 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

AN didn’t corrupt your save. Saved game files do get corrupted though, especially if you use auto-save. I recommend disabling all auto-saves. Be careful with using quick saves as well. They are also prone to corruption.

No, The MOD corrupted the save. as its only what made me crash when i had it activated.
Its even explained in the description that it does corrupt save files if you dont save outside a city somewhere save.

7 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Whenever that happen in my game I always repair the gamesave in WB by clicking on Remove Bloat and Repair Abomb for a selected gamesave in the Saves tab.  Which has worked for me so far.

no idea that was a thing, gonna try that thansk!

@Schtearn I'm not sure about specifics, but it causes general instability.  This is from stuff I've read and my first hand experience.  Running Pluggy really increased my CTDs back in the day.  But hey, if you run Pluggy with no issues, good on ya.  Definitely was not the case for me.