• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
Sign in to follow this  
AndalayBay

All Natural Issues

1. If the rain is limited to that particular span, it'll be due to a poorly aligned rain box in the cell. It'll just need to get dragged away from the wall a bit.

2. That rain box outside that window is probably just missing the proper enable parent used by the others.

3. Uh... are we SURE Leyawiin isn't using the wrong mesh on each side of that door? Cause it looks like the one outside is actually the interior door mesh and the one inside is the exterior door mesh. Didn't the UOP fix this at some point? I wonder if I forgot to forward the fix or something :P

1. Good. That was my thinking as well. It's the same thing in all the buildings where it's raining inside.

2. Ok, I'll take a look.

3. That's exactly what I thought. It looked like the window was flipped around. So I just need to copy the fix from the UOP?

3. Uh... are we SURE Leyawiin isn't using the wrong mesh on each side of that door? Cause it looks like the one outside is actually the interior door mesh and the one inside is the exterior door mesh.

I notice the same thing, but I'm not an expert.

Arthmoor, please see my question above. It would also be nice to fix the sky seams issue. I did get some good screenshots from a user. I've never had this happen in any of my games, so all the information is second-hand. Where are the sky textures stored? I'm wondering if we could fix this by saving the sky textures with MIP maps.

Sky Seams 1

Sky Seams 2

Sky Seams 3

Sky Seams 4

Assuming the UOP actually fixed the Leyawiin door thing, yes. Just copy whatever it did. It's been long enough I don't recall.

As far as the sky seam, welcome to the one big mystery left with AN. It's always for one particular weather, and I don't have it written down anywhere. You'll want to use the weather debug ring to tell you which one it is, that will determine where the sky texture is stored.

Thing is, all of them have mipmaps already so that won't help. So far as I could tell, they're all also properly squared off. We never figured out what the problem was.

I don't have the issue, so the debug ring won't help. The reports I got on Nexus seemed to indicate that everyone having the problem were using OBGE. I guess I'll have to create a new game instance with OBGE installed.

Could well be, because when I saw it the first time it was after installing OBGE. If that's the case then I'd say there's nothing wrong with the AN files.

Perhaps Oblivion Reloaded fixes whatever the issue was/is?

It's an updated OBGE. After the main OBGE maintainer vanished, someone forked the code and renamed it, while continuing development.

I just had a burst of insight: OBGE is known to behave weirdly depending on video card vendor, specifically with ATI/AMD cards. Arthmoor, as I recall, you used to have an ATI card. Did anyone who reported the issue ever provide their system specs?

Still do have an AMD card. I don't recall anyone ever reporting which cards they have when the issue was still fresh.

Yeah, might as well try Oblivion Reloaded and see what happens.

Thought you had switched to Nvidia for some reason. I've got an old machine floating around with a Nvidia 260 card. No promises, though, as it's been dead for a few years now after a botched driver update and I haven't had much luck reviving it.

It's an updated OBGE. After the main OBGE maintainer vanished, someone forked the code and renamed it, while continuing development.

I just had a burst of insight: OBGE is known to behave weirdly depending on video card vendor, specifically with ATI/AMD cards. Arthmoor, as I recall, you used to have an ATI card. Did anyone who reported the issue ever provide their system specs?

Is that somehow related to these threads?

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/topic/4862-calling-all-amd-card-users-do-you-have-black-lava/

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/topic/14289-problem-with-the-water-and-portal/

Not exactly. Due to the API differences, ATI/AMD cards behave differently from Nvidia cards and, while OBGE tried to be vendor agnostic, they had issues covering every case. In the end, things would be wonky depending on vendor. They got better over time but OBGE development stopped before they were able to fix everything.

I believe OBGE leaves compiled shaders even after uninstallation since those are new generated files and mod managers don't see them. And they cause those issues with sky, happened with me too long time ago when I had both OBGE and All Natural. Users are supposed to run clearcache.bat in shaders folder and only then uninstall OBGE to clean up properly.

But again, this was quite a long time ago for me...

Oblivion Reloaded works without problem on ATI and NVIDIA and supports the Multisampling.

About the sky, the problem is the big textures of AN. The texture buffer is not enough to paint the skydome.

Set up the texture quality (size) to "large" in the video options, exit, invalidate the archives and restart the game.

Oblivion Reloaded works without problem on ATI and NVIDIA and supports the Multisampling.

About the sky, the problem is the big textures of AN. The texture buffer is not enough to paint the skydome.

Set up the texture quality (size) to "large" in the video options, exit, invalidate the archives and restart the game.

Thank you! I'm already running large textures, so that's probably why I've never seen this. Now some people who are having the problem say they already have the texture size set to large, so perhaps things are tight in some peoples' games? Anyway this gives me an idea of where to look and maybe I can optimize the textures a bit.

That had been suggested as a fix the first time around too but some of the people who set their textures to large still came back at some point to report it didn't matter. Myself included. It's likely because this is only happening with one specific weather, not with several different ones. I always run Oblivion with large textures and ran into it whenever this particular weather got chosen.

Thing is, Wrinklyninja and I went over the texture files in detail and couldn't find any faults with any of them. They all have the appropriate mipmaps set up. Which gets us back to the OBGE thing. If it's because of OBGE, that's one awfully specific bug.

MIP maps should take care of the different texture sizes. The first challenge is figuring out which weather it is.

If you're having the issue with the crosses in the sky, could you please grab the weather debug ring and tell us which weather it is?

That's just it, as I said before, the mipmaps are all set correctly on every texture included in the package. Whatever the issue is, that's not it.

That had been suggested as a fix the first time around too but some of the people who set their textures to large still came back at some point to report it didn't matter. Myself included. It's likely because this is only happening with one specific weather, not with several different ones. I always run Oblivion with large textures and ran into it whenever this particular weather got chosen.

Thing is, Wrinklyninja and I went over the texture files in detail and couldn't find any faults with any of them. They all have the appropriate mipmaps set up. Which gets us back to the OBGE thing. If it's because of OBGE, that's one awfully specific bug.

I remember having a similar issue almost 5 years ago and from I recall the weather debug ring was often used when All Natural 0.9 or was it All Natural 0.9.8/0.9.9 was released.

And that time I did use OBGE, but I don't remember when I stop using OBGE and since then I never had this weather large texture issue.