• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Leonardo

Help needed to customize Firefox

I've been away for too long and now I can't remember how it works in Firefox and I do need a more stable browser, because Pale Moon aren't stable enough and have a lot of issues despite for updating e.g closing Pale Moon for unknown reason, crashing regardless what site you visit or what you do it just stop working.  Damn annoying to say at least.

Anyway, I've had tried a few things, but still there are a few things left to do and what I want your help with is to get Firefox to look what it looked like about 5-10 years ago.  Which is similar to what gui Pale Moon has today.

current Gui PaleMoon

I appreciate any help I can get.  Thanks in advance. :)

Just replicating the appearance. You need to know what the new Firefox looks like VM. :)

Leo, I'll post up some instructions a bit later tonight, ok?

Sorry, Leo, real life came calling. :) Here you go.

To start, click the Customise icon:

gallery_1_67_14.jpg

Now you can turn on the menus and configure your toolbars:

gallery_1_67_177126.jpg

Once you have finished, click Exit Customise. You can enable and disable toolbars at any time by right-clicking on the menu bar:

gallery_1_67_209536.jpg

Leo didn't ask about the bookmarks toolbar. He wanted to know how to restore the menus, which aren't displayed in the new Firefox. He also wanted to know how to customise the main toolbar.

Leo, VM's link shows you how to add stuff to the bookmarks toolbar. You can also add things to the bookmarks toolbar by picking Bookmarks Toolbar from the drop-down menu when you save a bookmark.

Looking good. Jimi just switched from Chrome to Firefox after being inundated with so many ads on the food delivery site we like to order from for dinner on Fridays. It was far far worse than Nexus! We couldn't even read the food menus.

Have they added that now? I remember that they refused to add it for a while. They don't offer it on the mobile version for iOS.

I had to add some custom filters for these ads, which was easy on FF. I find Chrome too obtuse. We've also had problems with Chrome not working on some sites.

It was a day one extension. I'll get you a link when I'm back at the computer. :)

There are two AdBlock extensions, one being the commercial one which lets companies pay them not to block while the other doesn't do that so you need to get the right one.

They don't offer it on the mobile version for iOS.

In case you didn't know, but many telephone companies are planning to add a special program to block ads when browsing with smart phone for two reasons;  1-To force Google to share their income of ads, 2-Offer a paid service for their customers (telephone companies) to avoid ads when browsing on internet with a smart phone.

http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.626515/mobiloperatorer-planerar-att-stoppa-reklam-i-telefonen (only in Swedish, sorry)