• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Leonardo

Infinite Monkey Playground and Software Thread

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought that because SSD's don't rotate, they couldn't get fragmented. I think I was told that or read it somewhere. Anyway that's not true, as you said. You're right @Malonn, it reduces their lifespan.

Just thought the world should know about the issue with the Chrome Titlebar. There is really something funky going on with their GUI libraries- like widgets missing a WM_PAINT or something.

On 2018-05-29 at 12:34 AM, AndalayBay said:

I thought that because SSD's don't rotate, they couldn't get fragmented. I think I was told that or read it somewhere. Anyway that's not true, as you said.

You can actually defrag a SSD and I did that the other day after I change the Boot order in BIOS.

I use Auslogic's Disk Defrag (scroll down to the bottom) and it has a setting to 'not to show SSD', but apparently Auslogic's Disk Defrag doesn't *detect* a SSD that isn't a boot drive.