• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
lefenger

Funny experience bug

I've done resurrect 1 as well, although I've never had a case where my horse dies again. I'll have to see if I can replicate this. I just find it very odd that it thought you bought your horse again, or bought another one.

All members get four gallery albums here that you can use. :)

You should probably make your current horse essential then. You might be able to do that with the console. Open the console, click on your horse, then type setessential 1 and hit enter. If it accepts your command, close the console and save your game. You'll need to play from that save and other future ones, or you'll have to repeat those commands if you need to go back to an earlier save.

lefenger has already resurrected his horse a couple of times. I suspect that that's part of the problem. When you use resurrect, you have to do it pretty quickly or the game still registers the death. I think the game considers his horse dead. I don't know why it keeps thinking he's buying a new one though.

Edit: A note about the points: you get points for killing your horse and you get points for buying a horse, so that's why the point rewards are being triggered. Obviously some kind of runaway loop is being triggered and that's why you're getting so many points. I think the loop is in the original game code and not in Ob XP's scripts. lefenger, have a look at your miscellaneous stats. How many horses does the game think you own?

Edited by AndalayBay

Interesting. My stats claim I haven't owned or bought any horses when I think I've paid for 3 in Septims. :/ I have no idea whats wrong with this game its relatively new and my current mod setup was pretty solid i thought ( hasnt been touched since starting this character). This is only issue though so no big deal, but i dislike bugs  :angry:

Also I've only resurrected this horse once, and have only reloaded on the cases its died triggering the xp gain, since its so much xp that the game cant even calculate it ( every time i looked it was still updating x) )

Edited by lefenger

You have bought three horses, but your stats show none? It sounds like your stats have been corrupted. If I'm not mistaken, Wrye Bash has a feature to fix this stuff. Try right-clicking on your save game file and see what options there are.

There's a remove bloat function but I don't see a repair stats. Hm its just weird since I think many people probably use resurrect without problem and its the only "risky" thing I've done. Maybe just unlucky bug

Edited by lefenger